{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Clough update on transfers and naylor situation.

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:08 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Really frustrated at the Naylor situation and clear to see that Clough is fuming, and rightly so.

Speight is a complete mercenary but we’ve always known when it comes to morality he’s left wanting.

Plenty of new faces still to come though by the sounds of it, correct me if I’m wrong but by the sounds of it we are still hoping to sign on the dotted line a...

- Striker
- Central defender to replace Naylor
- Young defender (to replace Meneyese?)
- First choice keeper on loan
- Young goalkeeper on loan
- Stephen Quinn
- Possibly one other

That sounds about right for me, but the absolute priorities are to secure another striker and lead centre back in my opinion.

That would be 9 incomings so one above his original 8 but now we know Meneyese is to move on it tallies up.

Think you've got one too many there, so take off the one other. I assume the young defender he is talking about is McMann

He did mention the ‘one other’ at the end tbf, having gone through the video he did make reference to all those though it’s possible one has been doubled up, but can’t say which one it would have been!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Speight has done his job at the end of the day, but in a very underhand way. I'm more disappointed with Naylor but I don't know why given how footballers are these days.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Really frustrated at the Naylor situation and clear to see that Clough is fuming, and rightly so.

Speight is a complete mercenary but we’ve always known when it comes to morality he’s left wanting.

Plenty of new faces still to come though by the sounds of it, correct me if I’m wrong but by the sounds of it we are still hoping to sign on the dotted line a...

- Striker
- Central defender to replace Naylor
- Young defender (to replace Meneyese?)
- First choice keeper on loan
- Young goalkeeper on loan
- Stephen Quinn
- Possibly one other

That sounds about right for me, but the absolute priorities are to secure another striker and lead centre back in my opinion.

That would be 9 incomings so one above his original 8 but now we know Meneyese is to move on it tallies up.

Think you've got one too many there, so take off the one other. I assume the young defender he is talking about is McMann

He did mention the ‘one other’ at the end tbf, having gone through the video he did make reference to all those though it’s possible one has been doubled up, but can’t say which one it would have been!

The striker I think. He mentions having deals in place for the other positions.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby StaginMorley » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Interesting that Clough has gone public with this.
To be honest I’m not particularly bothered.
Investing so much in one player is always a risk and given the behaviour of Naylor and his agent whose to say he wouldn’t have been off next January anyway.

Confident that we are building a strong team anyway
StaginMorley
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Aspleystag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:23 pm

He also said the agent was more interested in what his fee would be, so he probably got more from Wigan, Naylor’s fb says he has signed for them.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lifestags » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Just listened again it defo sound like the done deals are:

2 GK's
1 young defender, I assume a left back.

2 deals to be done, a Striker and now a CB, possibly more if we can get rid of any of the 3 transfer listed.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Can’t fault Naylor or Speight one bit , it’s Jakes job to get the best deal for his client and keeping him as high up the divisions as possible. If Naylor can stay fit he’s time to drop down the divisions later in his career .

Not to the One Call now though
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:27 pm

It's far better Naylor heard of Wigan's offer before he signed for us. Otherwise his heart wouldn't have been here. It feels, by his actions it wasn't anyway.

I'm confident we will get someone suitable.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:43 pm

So refreshing to hear Nigel to tell it how it is.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Reach195 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Naylors comments on the Wigan Site........

“I’m over the moon. I’m buzzing, excited, and I cannot wait to get started,” he said.

“I enjoyed it at Portsmouth where I was club captain which was a huge honour, but sometimes you’ve got to make the decision to move on. When Wigan came calling, I spoke to the manager a couple of times and he sold me the club.

“The infrastructure has made the decision really easy. The training ground and the facilities that we’ve got at this club are brilliant. The ground is amazing as well, and with the fans coming back in next season, hopefully I can show them what I’m all about.“

What a load of Pony!!!!
Reach195
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lifestags » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:57 pm

Reach195 wrote:Naylors comments on the Wigan Site........

“I’m over the moon. I’m buzzing, excited, and I cannot wait to get started,” he said.

“I enjoyed it at Portsmouth where I was club captain which was a huge honour, but sometimes you’ve got to make the decision to move on. When Wigan came calling, I spoke to the manager a couple of times and he sold me the club.

“The infrastructure has made the decision really easy. The training ground and the facilities that we’ve got at this club are brilliant. The ground is amazing as well, and with the fans coming back in next season, hopefully I can show them what I’m all about.“

What a load of Pony!!!!

hahahahaha this is funny

what he should of said was

''I was just about to sign for league 2 Mansfield but then Jake Speight rang me and said Wigan have offered more money''
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:59 pm

It makes you wonder who to believe, Tom or Nigel. I know who I believe.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Can’t fault Naylor or Speight one bit , it’s Jakes job to get the best deal for his client and keeping him as high up the divisions as possible. If Naylor can stay fit he’s time to drop down the divisions later in his career .

yeah but do that before agreeing a deal, surely?

I love the honesty and integrity of the way NC conducts his interviews.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:15 pm

O'Driscoll has gone, that just leaves Rollin, O'Keefe and maybe Stech.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:18 pm

You know what I used to give Naylor the benefit of the doubt for the DCFC move being a young lad in the conf. Didn’t blame him at the time with how it all ended but you know what, I’m now jumping on the ginger Judas bandwagon.
Can’t wait for us to get linked with him again in a few years and forget the whole thing.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Shep » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:19 pm

Every person commenting on hear would choose a job with more money offered. Can’t blame him at all. His career will be over in 5 years so he may as well make as much money as possible in that time.
Shep
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Shep wrote:Every person commenting on hear would choose a job with more money offered. Can’t blame him at all. His career will be over in 5 years so he may as well make as much money as possible in that time.

I dont think anyone is criticising him for taking more money, or moving a club in a higher division, more the manner it was done.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:32 pm

a leopard never changes it’s spots

WAFC
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Shep » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Shep wrote:Every person commenting on hear would choose a job with more money offered. Can’t blame him at all. His career will be over in 5 years so he may as well make as much money as possible in that time.

I dont think anyone is criticising him for taking more money, or moving a club in a higher division, more the manner it was done.

It highlights the reason why his dad never worked with players who had agents.
Shep
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby west country stag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Wilfred wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Wow indeed. Shameful behaviour by both Naylor and his agent. Who is the agent by the way ?

And before anyone drips about money, I am the sort of person that when they give their word then that is it. To get to the stage of a medical and renege, to me, is ungentlemanly.

Call me old fashioned.

Shows the intent of the club, which is positive.

WAFC eh. Ginger Judas.

The agent is Jake Speight who is accused of not wanting his player to come to Stags. It will be interesting to hear if he denies that his first query was about his cut

The alleged behaviour of Speight and Naylor is the sort of thing that makes my urine boil!

I'm with you Belly. To have a medical at the club, agree to join and then renege on that agreement is shameful and unforgiveable. And I don't give a monkey's chuff that more money made Naylor change his mind. If he can be bought so easily then he's not fit to be a Stag.

Mr Naylor and Mr Speight. You are both a disgrace to your professions.

MY THOUGHTS ENTIRELY !!
we dont want players of that calibre , sod off Naylor & Speight
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Ginger Judas and wasn’t Speight a woman beater ?
They deserve each other.

Nice to know that leopards don’t change their spots.

Couple of minging humans
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Speight signed for Bradford City just over three weeks ago – but didn’t tell the club he was due in court for assault.

Manager Peter Taylor, 57, was furious when he found out on the morning of the case but said he would welcome him back after his prison sentence.

A spokesman for Bradford City said the striker would be receiving a financial punishment and “be made aware of his future conduct”.

appears his conduct has not improved a great deal , still seems to be all about him .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Speight signed for Bradford City just over three weeks ago – but didn’t tell the club he was due in court for assault.

Manager Peter Taylor, 57, was furious when he found out on the morning of the case but said he would welcome him back after his prison sentence.

A spokesman for Bradford City said the striker would be receiving a financial punishment and “be made aware of his future conduct”.

appears his conduct has not improved a great deal , still seems to be all about him .

Once a 5cumbag…
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Nice to hear from Clough it always keeps you up to date, Naylor moving to Wigan does not affect us we are in a different division as a defender he always covers injuries.
His main role is central midfield and we are strong in that department, the lad is that good he failed to get promotion at Portsmouth another big spender for league 1
which got the manager sacked, now he has made no forward movement he is still in league 1, enjoy the money the way you got there leaves a sour taste.
and reflects all that is bad in football,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:34 pm

I don’t see why people get so bothered over stuff like that, is poor form but it’s not worth getting mardy over. If Naylor wanted to pick Wigan over us I’m glad he didn’t sign.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum