{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Confession

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Confession

Postby ParisStag » Sun May 23, 2021 4:55 pm

Forgive me father for I have sinned. It's been 24 years since my last confession

On Boxing Day 1996, my dad took me to see the Stags at Barnet. I was 12.

Stags were in front from a first half Linvoy Primus own-goal and as the game wound to an end, we were looking good for the win. In the 83rd minute a Stags attack resulted in the ball coming over into the terrace behind the goal. I'm young and enthusiastic and scramble over the steps to retrieve it. The Barnet keeper screams at me "Come on! Give it!". With hindsight I know what I should have done. I should have smiled at him and chucked it back into the away crowd. Instead I panic and throw it to him. Route one kick up field. 84th minute. Flick on. Barnet score. 1-1. My dad looks at me in disgust."you've cost us the game son".

Feels good to get that off my chest!

http://www.downhillsecondhalf.co.uk/Foo ... tchID=3315
Last edited by ParisStag on Sun May 23, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Confession

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun May 23, 2021 5:06 pm

:lol: I think your dad said it all :lol: hope the pocket money stopped for a year and you got a barbie doll for christmas :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm

So all the crap season after season was down to you and your silly mistake.....then again it ended up in JR getting the club off the crook so thanks PS
:lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Reminds me of my young son, we were losing, near end of game it was, we were sitting in bishop street stand, ball comes into us, stevie whitworth says come on lad throw the ball. He throws it, didnt reach stevie, bounced off the perimiter wall straight back into back of stand. What yer messing about at he shouts. Ah ah happy days, when we had a proper 4 sided ground
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun May 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Something similar happened at an away game at Bolton. My brother caught the ball when we were winning with mins to go at Burnden Park. The Bolton player screamed at him to throw it to him so our James bunged it under the stand and gave him the finger.

We went on to win

COYS
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun May 23, 2021 7:05 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Something similar happened at an away game at Bolton. My brother caught the ball when we were winning with mins to go at Burnden Park. The Bolton player screamed at him to throw it to him so our James bunged it under the stand and gave him the finger.

We went on to win

COYS

That's what I should have done, but I panicked.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun May 23, 2021 7:07 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:So all the crap season after season was down to you and your silly mistake.....then again it ended up in JR getting the club off the crook so thanks PS
:lol:

Haha. Not sure I follow that chain of cause and effect. We'd have probably been raspberry even if we'd won thsy day!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum