{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New players any ideas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New players any ideas

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:42 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Barnsley have signed Devante Cole, one in, one out? :D

Wasn’t Cole supposed to be one of our targets?

Just people putting two and two together when Clough was at a Motherwell game. But we now know it’s more likely he was watching McMann

Hamilton (although it was v Motherwell).
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:53 pm

Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:No one confirmed where the Kane Hemmings rumour erupted from. Sedgwick said something vague and everyone was eating out the palm of his hand.

It didn’t come from Sedgwick, it came from Warsop Stag who said it came from ‘bloke in the pub’

Yes, I’m the guilty party and am claiming absolutely zero inside knowledge. I popped into the market in Warsop for a pint at the weekend and a pal of mine, a long time Stag, made a beeline over to tell me about the Hemmings rumour. Said he’d been told it by a bloke who owns a business in Warsop, no idea who.

That’s it.

yes very likely - I despair as everyone including you know you are just wasting people's time. i assume you are now doing your homework
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:57 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:No one confirmed where the Kane Hemmings rumour erupted from. Sedgwick said something vague and everyone was eating out the palm of his hand.

It didn’t come from Sedgwick, it came from Warsop Stag who said it came from ‘bloke in the pub’

Yes, I’m the guilty party and am claiming absolutely zero inside knowledge. I popped into the market in Warsop for a pint at the weekend and a pal of mine, a long time Stag, made a beeline over to tell me about the Hemmings rumour. Said he’d been told it by a bloke who owns a business in Warsop, no idea who.

That’s it.

yes very likely - I despair as everyone including you know you are just wasting people's time. i assume you are now doing your homework

He didn’t hide where he got his information from. If you’re hedging your bets on rumours from down the pub then we’re really going early this season :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:04 pm

I still think there’s something up with Quinn deal, wasn’t it meant to be nearly done 2 weeks ago? :lol: ;)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

So who was this "One particular player mentioned with a poor goal record but played at a very high level" then Sedgwick?

Everyone started talking about hemmings but you didn't put you 2p in.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:16 pm

The Quinn delay might or might not mean anything. Nigel said that none of the targets have said 'No' yet. Some Agents might be trying to drum up some competition before the player signs.
Regarding Akins - I wonder if Burton have changed their mind since January? Maybe they have realised that he still has something to offer them?
It looks like we will have to be patient this summer. No 'tick-tock' this summer! ;)
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:20 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That’s it.

He didn’t hide where he got his information from. If you’re hedging your bets on rumours from down the pub then we’re really going early this season :lol:

Beats Sainsburys
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:28 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

So who was this "One particular player mentioned with a poor goal record but played at a very high level" then Sedgwick?

Not Hemmings as far as I'm aware but would welcome him back, he's a good player for league two.

Had many names branded about, old college now working for Jake Speights 1511... Mansfield are one of a few clubs that agents name drop, im surprised there's not more twitter rumours! But it seems Nigel really doesn't give much away.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:40 pm

Last player to sign the deal was done in sandys bar
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:56 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Not Hemmings as far as I'm aware but would welcome him back, he's a good player for league two.

Had many names branded about, old college now working for Jake Speights 1511... Mansfield are one of a few clubs that agents name drop, im surprised there's not more twitter rumours! But it seems Nigel really doesn't give much away.

So lots of waffle but know nowt as usual
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:06 pm

Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That’s it.
Tut tut Warsop Stag. Fancy listening to Jeff and Bob in the black market. Was you tab hanging onto the domino’s tables conversation again?
You should know better, you only need to listen to the Stags rumours that I spread in there ha ha.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

So lots of waffle but know nowt as usual

not really...

Did learn today that we went for Dean Keates and Jon Worthington as potential managers if Nigel turned us down! How different things might have been without Nigel
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That’s it.

‘Wasting people’s time’? I made clear where I’d heard the rumour and never claimed it was anything more so wind your neck in.

If it helps alleviate your despair, I unreservedly apologise for posting on a fans message board that I heard a rumour about a new player on a thread entitled ‘new players, any ideas’.

What was I thinking.

If you could let me know the accepted criteria for posting on this sort of thing, I’ll be sure not to upset you so terribly again in future.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:02 am

Tess Tickle wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That’s it.
Tut tut Warsop Stag. Fancy listening to Jeff and Bob in the black market. Was you tab hanging onto the domino’s tables conversation again?
You should know better, you only need to listen to the Stags rumours that I spread in there ha ha.
Is that where the rumour started that Cheaterfield are waiting on a loan from Bolsover District Council before they can sign any players came from ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:13 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Tess Tickle wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That’s it.
Is that where the rumour started that Cheaterfield are waiting on a loan from Bolsover District Council before they can sign any players came from ?

Wouldn’t be BOLSOVER They’re not in our district and if they were I would refuse to pay my Council Tax
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:26 am

Tess Tickle wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That’s it.

I can confirm that said rumour did NOT originate from the domi’s table, it came from the beer ‘garden’ from two gentlemen that you know well. I stopped believing your stories after you told me that we were in for Jimmy Savile as stadium announcer that time.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby pemill » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 am

I know it's boring but I'm very much in favour of transfers been done quietly and hopefully professionally, maybe part of Clough's dealings is to stop any social media stuff until the deal is done.
For the past few seasons there's been a shed load of hype and we haven't really got the quality we desired.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:22 am

pemill wrote:I know it's boring but I'm very much in favour of transfers been done quietly and hopefully professionally, maybe part of Clough's dealings is to stop any social media stuff until the deal is done.
For the past few seasons there's been a shed load of hype and we haven't really got the quality we desired.

Id rather us sign loads of players we don't know anything about.. suits the club and sets us up for success without the pressure. Elliot Hewitt is a good example
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:55 am

Im still thinking the longer we wait the better the player, look at January [ oh well that theory did not work ] but having four from Burton Albion is a bit much Aikins- Hemmings-Brayford
still under contract, and Quinn, Brayford and Quinn both good players , but both have had long term injuries we can only risk a couple even if they are quality over a long season.
We already have Perch, we must remember Akins and McMann will cost money both are under contract and will take a big slice of our budget.
We can only afford a couple of contracted players as this requires a transfer fee plus wages
bear 73
Manager
Manager

New striker rumour

Postby old ram stag » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 am

Don't know how good the source is but heard we have signed a striker named Connor? From the championship. Anyone know who he could be if true? If any truth in it of course.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Re: New striker rumour

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:00 am

There was a rumour on here yesterday regarding Conor Chaplin from Barnsley, but I would say it’s highly unlikely.

Was supposedly tweeted by the Ex Agent but it was deleted.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 am

Just what we needed, a third rumour thread!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:39 am

Sedgwick wrote:
pemill wrote:I know it's boring but I'm very much in favour of transfers been done quietly and hopefully professionally, maybe part of Clough's dealings is to stop any social media stuff until the deal is done.

Id rather us sign loads of players we don't know anything about.. suits the club and sets us up for success without the pressure. Elliot Hewitt is a good example

There's always uproar when we sign lesser known players that they're not world beaters but they tend to be better than the big signings we've had in the past who have just been mercenaries looking for a pay day
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:02 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

There's always uproar when we sign lesser known players that they're not world beaters but they tend to be better than the big signings we've had in the past who have just been mercenaries looking for a pay day

Or is it we just remember the ''well known flops'' more?
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:39 am

BH_Stag wrote:There was a rumour on here yesterday regarding Conor Chaplin from Barnsley, but I would say it’s highly unlikely.

Was supposedly tweeted by the Ex Agent but it was deleted.

I have notifications on for his tweets and didn't see anything tweeted, assuming it's the same Ex Agent.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum