{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New players any ideas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New players any ideas

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:05 pm

James wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Torrystag wrote:Bloody hell coloured ,black ,yellow ginger whats wrong with the world ,its not abusive

White folk are more bothered about what offends black people than black people are.... speaking on behalf of them and telling everyone what they find offensive is worse than the original comment.

Sorry, I didn’t realise you had to be black to be offended by a racist comment.

Bit dramatic. It was a common phrase some years ago to describe. Yes it's not necessarily socially acceptable anymore but come on, there are far worse phrases that could be used. Those of an older generation probably see no harm in the phrase coloured, especially in the clear way it was intended to be used here.

Anyone, back to new player ideas.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 pm

Torrystag wrote:Bloody hell coloured ,black ,yellow ginger whats wrong with the world ,its not abusive

I was only joking with my “Coloured!!! Fgs” comment. Just shows how touchy folk are about the subject :lol: We’re all of a certain colour aren’t we. I’ve got brown arms, head and lower legs and a pure white middle :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
James wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

White folk are more bothered about what offends black people than black people are.... speaking on behalf of them and telling everyone what they find offensive is worse than the original comment.

Bit dramatic. It was a common phrase some years ago to describe. Yes it's not necessarily socially acceptable anymore but come on, there are far worse phrases that could be used. Those of an older generation probably see no harm in the phrase coloured, especially in the clear way it was intended to be used here.

I fall into the age bracket that used the word coloured when it was apparently the correct word to use. I know I am not racist,sexist or deliberately abusive to anyone but I could easily be labelled so by my ignorance of the latest terminology. The post above is absolutely correct, it is all about the intended use of the word , but equally how people want to take it .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:42 pm

Any chance of getting back to the topic????
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:
James wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Agreed .
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Any chance of getting back to the topic????

Probably not because there's 9 pages of no ideas and new players :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:49 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Yorkie, wind that clock up .
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:51 pm

The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I was going to comment something similar earlier, surprised the locals aren't a little restless yet. We'd have had two new squads by now if Evans was here :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:03 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
James wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I fall into the age bracket that used the word coloured when it was apparently the correct word to use. I know I am not racist,sexist or deliberately abusive to anyone but I could easily be labelled so by my ignorance of the latest terminology. The post above is absolutely correct, it is all about the intended use of the word , but equally how people want to take it .

It seems that the terminology changes and reverts on an almost daily basis and people get upset whichever word you use. You aren’t alone in your ignorance or exasperation.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:11 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I was going to comment something similar earlier, surprised the locals aren't a little restless yet. We'd have had two new squads by now if Evans was here :D

i’d put it away at the back of the cupboard youth, if we don’t get anything by the end of next week, i’ll dust it off & give it a “wind up” just for you ;)
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:29 pm

I’m going to be brave enough to say I’m feeling a bit concerned here.

In January we were strongly linked with players and never got the deals over the line and now we’re in the summer and have been linked with players, who are also being linked to clubs higher up the food chain than what we are, which means we are likely to miss out again (if the rumoured players are accurate)

I accept that I’m probably growing impatient too, but I’d have like to have heard a little more from the club and with Pre Season only 6 weeks away I had hoped for another face or two being in the building by now (even if it’s Quinn)
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:36 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I’m going to be brave enough to say I’m feeling a bit concerned here.

In January we were strongly linked with players and never got the deals over the line and now we’re in the summer and have been linked with players, who are also being linked to clubs higher up the food chain than what we are, which means we are likely to miss out again (if the rumoured players are accurate)

I accept that I’m probably growing impatient too, but I’d have like to have heard a little more from the club and with Pre Season only 6 weeks away I had hoped for another face or two being in the building by now (even if it’s Quinn)

'only' 6 weeks.

That's still a way off. I wouldn't panic, I'm sure the wheels are in motion for new signings.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:44 pm

You right Bobby, six weeks is a long time in football.

I’m not in any form of panic, just a mild concern based upon the reasons stated above.

Hopefully we get what players we need and go on to a successful season
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:48 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:You right Bobby, six weeks is a long time in football.

I’m not in any form of panic, just a mild concern based upon the reasons stated above.

Hopefully we get what players we need and go on to a successful season

We need to go under the radar for once, the past few summers have been big name signings - the Maynard video, us being linked with expensive/high wage players, "buying the league", spending fees on players who haven't lived up to it. I am excited to see who Clough brings in.

It would be nice to get a goalkeeper in though! :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:53 pm

Relax people. A lot of contracts run until the end of June so players aren’t in a rush to sign new ones just yet plus they’re letting their agents get the best deal they can for them. Trust in Nigel.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:32 am

one f in mansfield wrote:
PEAR CIDER wrote:
James wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

It seems that the terminology changes and reverts on an almost daily basis and people get upset whichever word you use. You aren’t alone in your ignorance or exasperation.[/quote]

A) why couldn't he have just said a 'young fellow' what has skin colour got to do with anything, I doubt he would have said 'a young white fellow'.
B) the term used is very archaic and offensive to some people. To me, it assumes that to be white is the 'standard, or normal, or default' and to be anything other than white, or of a 'colour', isnt normal. Which it clearly is.

It's as outdated as calling a homosexual a 'puff'.

Greg Clarke used it last year and was forced to quit his role at the FA, remember... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 888197.amp

Enough said. Move on.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 am

Defo signing next 48hrs, not saying it's him but Tom Naylor was at RH this week I'm told.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:02 am

Hundreds of league 1 and 2 players from last season still looking for clubs . We are announcing 2 new signings end of this or beginning of next and that will put us on a par with most clubs .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:05 am

old ram stag wrote:Defo signing next 48hrs, not saying it's him but Tom Naylor was at RH this week I'm told.

he deffo was, I saw him in a red Ferrari
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:08 am

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:18 am

Had a message on twitter saying that a some photographs were being done this morning at the stadium. A player they described as tall and ginger, but not Tom Naylor. No idea if true or not, but will post in case.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:20 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Had a message on twitter saying that a some photographs were being done this morning at the stadium. A player they described as tall and ginger, but not Tom Naylor. No idea if true or not, but will post in case.

Dave Kitson.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:31 am

James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Had a message on twitter saying that a some photographs were being done this morning at the stadium. A player they described as tall and ginger, but not Tom Naylor. No idea if true or not, but will post in case.

Dave Kitson.

David Fairclough.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:36 am

Good fun this people say move on, and then we debate what is racist, well i am not racist and im proud that in this country we treat people the same, no one is barred from living their lives and we all live under the same rules, Under discussion is a mans description of another person, what or who did he look like it was helpful that he was black, not white or not Asian
This narrowed down who it could be maybe Aikins, we assume driving a nice car it was a footballer, that fact could be totally wrong.
Being black is not a issue, i know people from India and they find it fascinating that most of the world wants to look like them [ look at all the people on beaches trying to get a tan ]
The difference in people in this country is culture not colour, Perhaps its to early to sign players let the Euros begin, oh we got Torquay v County sat
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 am

It's Callum Morton.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum