{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League Two play-offs thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby Conker » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:57 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A great shithouse performance from Derek Adams' Morecambe who to be fair have been the better team in most games when I have watched them. However Newport were robbed today. It was a stonewall penalty in the first half when Kyle Letheren knocked out Scott Bennett and Morecambe's penalty was a free kick as the first contact was outside the area. Carlos Mendes-Gomes did not have a good game until scoring the penalty. I thought he would miss. Pleased for John O'Sullivan who came on as a sub and helped create the goal. He's been a big player for Morecambe this season.

What are the odds on Cambridge, Cheltenham and Morecambe all being relegated next season? Cheltenham may have the best chance of staying up due to Ben Tozer and Will Boyle.


Now let’s see if he’s the ultimate shithouse and joins Bradford.


Derek Adams can name his price now with two League 2 promotions including achieving promotion with Morecambe with the lowest playing budget in League 2. He has 4 promotions on his CV now. 3 year contract. £200,000-£250,000 per year plus £100,000 promotion bonus.


Is it really still the lowest budget in L2 though? They definitely spent more than usual last summer. Still a great achievement obviously.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby northern stag » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:12 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A great shithouse performance from Derek Adams' Morecambe who to be fair have been the better team in most games when I have watched them. However Newport were robbed today. It was a stonewall penalty in the first half when Kyle Letheren knocked out Scott Bennett and Morecambe's penalty was a free kick as the first contact was outside the area. Carlos Mendes-Gomes did not have a good game until scoring the penalty. I thought he would miss. Pleased for John O'Sullivan who came on as a sub and helped create the goal. He's been a big player for Morecambe this season.

What are the odds on Cambridge, Cheltenham and Morecambe all being relegated next season? Cheltenham may have the best chance of staying up due to Ben Tozer and Will Boyle.


Now let’s see if he’s the ultimate shithouse and joins Bradford.


Derek Adams can name his price now with two League 2 promotions including achieving promotion with Morecambe with the lowest playing budget in League 2. He has 4 promotions on his CV now. 3 year contract. £200,000-£250,000 per year plus £100,000 promotion bonus.

I posted on May 8 that he would be going to Bradford, the local intel was that he’s allegedly on £2k a week at Morecambe and Bradford were offering £3.5 k a week, was also told his likely replacement will be Keith Hill…..let’s see eh ?
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:40 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A great shithouse performance from Derek Adams' Morecambe who to be fair have been the better team in most games when I have watched them. However Newport were robbed today. It was a stonewall penalty in the first half when Kyle Letheren knocked out Scott Bennett and Morecambe's penalty was a free kick as the first contact was outside the area. Carlos Mendes-Gomes did not have a good game until scoring the penalty. I thought he would miss. Pleased for John O'Sullivan who came on as a sub and helped create the goal. He's been a big player for Morecambe this season.

What are the odds on Cambridge, Cheltenham and Morecambe all being relegated next season? Cheltenham may have the best chance of staying up due to Ben Tozer and Will Boyle.


Now let’s see if he’s the ultimate shithouse and joins Bradford.


Derek Adams can name his price now with two League 2 promotions including achieving promotion with Morecambe with the lowest playing budget in League 2. He has 4 promotions on his CV now. 3 year contract. £200,000-£250,000 per year plus £100,000 promotion bonus.

Job in China next then with that CV
I know someone with contacts if he’s interested!
User avatar
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Just over border (Derbyshire)

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:41 am

Michael Flynn calling for VAR in the play offs.

I bet he wasn't saying that two years ago when they should've had a stone wall sending off and a penalty that should never have been. Gimp
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7528
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:45 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:Michael Flynn calling for VAR in the play offs.

I bet he wasn't saying that two years ago when they should've had a stone wall sending off and a penalty that should never have been. Gimp


Newport have some nerve after the way they had all the positives in our games with them.

No point dripping like a septic minge just because karma bit.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16380
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby stagone1959 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:42 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Michael Flynn calling for VAR in the play offs.

I bet he wasn't saying that two years ago when they should've had a stone wall sending off and a penalty that should never have been. Gimp


Newport have some nerve after the way they had all the positives in our games with them.

No point dripping like a septic minge just because karma bit.



Seconded,ain't Karma a bitch.
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:58 pm

Good Morecambe Celebrations

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9130
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: League Two play-offs thread

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:41 am

So Derek Adams has left Morecambe to pursue a career elsewhere. Two days ago he said there was no reason why Morecambe couldn't reach the Championship. Obviously he doesn't want to be the one to make that happen.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7458
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests