{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2021-2022

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 13, 2021 2:55 pm

whoscored even had Joe Ironside rated slightly higher than Paul Mullin. Paul Mullin is your classic striker who does not do a lot in the game apart from sticking the ball in the net. He does generally though have a lot more touches of the ball than Ironside.

whoscored does give a lot of credit for goals and assists so I cannot see how Josh Kayode with 8 goals and 3 assists comes out with a higher overall rating than Paul Mullin with 32 goals and 4 assists. Kayode must have been picking up points for his long throws.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 13, 2021 3:07 pm

I would not write Tom Parkes off too soon. He's only 29 and can play on the left side of defence. He made 28(3) league appearances this season. He's got two promotions on his cv with Bristol Rovers.

It looks like non-league for Alex Fisher and Nicky Ajose.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu May 13, 2021 3:10 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu May 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Centre back pairing of Rawson and Parkes, pure pace.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 13, 2021 4:09 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Former target Ogogo released. Luke Leahy rejected a contract, left back.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu May 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Please just take this as an observation - I look forward to seeing who we/other clubs have retained as much as anyone else but those released are being made unemployed.

With the focus on mental health and following Lee Collins death just made me reflect.

I saw the post on Twitter from Bren Clarke who I assume is James Dad saying how relieved he was James was being retained.

As I say not looking to criticise anyone but it's really made me think. A difficult time for professional footballers at our level.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Thu May 13, 2021 5:07 pm

Its hard for everyone ,not for someone who stops playing footy at 33 ,or 34 , then moves on
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Thu May 13, 2021 6:07 pm

Reckon we could tempt Mark Duffy here. Played under Clough before at Burton & would be a good player at this level.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 13, 2021 6:40 pm

yorkstag wrote:Please just take this as an observation - I look forward to seeing who we/other clubs have retained as much as anyone else but those released are being made unemployed.

With the focus on mental health and following Lee Collins death just made me reflect.

I saw the post on Twitter from Bren Clarke who I assume is James Dad saying how relieved he was James was being retained.

As I say not looking to criticise anyone but it's really made me think. A difficult time for professional footballers at our level.

I was at the Retford friendly game a couple of seasons back, when both Stone and Clarke were playing. A guy was really encouraging Jamie on. Initially I thought he was one of the coaches. I got talking to him, and it turned out that it was Jamie's dad. He seemed a really nice fellow. He told me that he had followed and encouraged Jamie ever since he was a young footballer. It seems that DF recruited him and they were worried with the change of manager (JD) that he wouldn't be signed on. They were both relieved that JD had decided to sign him. So I can understand how relieved and happy they both are the NC has retained him.

I think under NC, Jamie will have the best chance to develop into an EFL footballer. Best of luck Jamie.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 13, 2021 7:05 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu May 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Torrystag wrote:Its hard for everyone ,not for someone who stops playing footy at 33 ,or 34 , then moves on

Not sure I understand your reply but I'm sure you understand the point I'm making
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu May 13, 2021 9:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Please just take this as an observation - I look forward to seeing who we/other clubs have retained as much as anyone else but those released are being made unemployed.

I was at the Retford friendly game a couple of seasons back, when both Stone and Clarke were playing. A guy was really encouraging Jamie on. Initially I thought he was one of the coaches. I got talking to him, and it turned out that it was Jamie's dad. He seemed a really nice fellow. He told me that he had followed and encouraged Jamie ever since he was a young footballer. It seems that DF recruited him and they were worried with the change of manager (JD) that he wouldn't be signed on. They were both relieved that JD had decided to sign him. So I can understand how relieved and happy they both are the NC has retained him.

I think under NC, Jamie will have the best chance to develop into an EFL footballer. Best of luck Jamie.

Sorry but a few people keep getting this mixed up,

His name is James Clarke, Jamie is an ex player from about 20 years ago.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu May 13, 2021 9:46 pm

James wrote:Reckon we could tempt Mark Duffy here. Played under Clough before at Burton & would be a good player at this level.

Agree, reckon he would be a decent signing. Won’t have much pace now but has good technical ability - could be similar to Hoolahan for Cambridge this year (then again, could not).

Don’t mind signing older experienced pros when they have real technical ability that’s a cut above what we see at this level as it makes up for any physical edge they may have lost. We’ve seen this with Quinn and Perch who you can tell have both had careers in the top divisions and have been really consistent performers for us. You don’t want too many older lads in there but 3 or 4 with strong runners around them has potential.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 13, 2021 9:48 pm

I'd have retained Alex Gilliead, Emmanuel Onariase, Jem Karacan, Mason O'Malley and John McAtee for Scunthorpe and released/transfer listed the rest.

Junior Brown is released.

Scunthorpe United
Under Contract: Harry Baker, Alfie Beestin, Tom Collins, Kenan Dünnwald-Turan, Myles Hippolyte, Aaron Jarvis, Ryan Loft, Mason O’Malley, Emmanuel Onariase, Lewis Spence, George Taft, Rory Watson.
Options Exercised: Devarn Green, Harry Jessop, Jai Rowe, Finley Shrimpton.
Offered New Contracts: Abo Eisa (rejected), Alex Gilliead (rejected), Harrison McGahey (rejected) and Kevin van Veen (rejected), Jordan Hallam, John McAtee, Tom Pugh,

Released: Charlie Barks, Jacob Bedeau, Junior Brown, Lewis Butroid, Jordan Clarke, Andy Dales, George Hornshaw, Mark Howard, Jem Karacan, Adam Kelsey, Kelsey Mooney, Olufela Olomola and Raynner Silva.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Just noted that Danny Johnson, James Brophy and Conor Wilkinson are not under contract at Leyton Orient and have just been offered new contracts. They will definitely get offers from other clubs.

I'd have retained Lawrence Vigouroux, James Brophy, Dan Happe, Ruel Sotiriou, Danny Johnson, Conor Wilkinson and Jordan Maguire-Drew

Leyton Orient
Under Contract: Ouss Cisse, Dan Kemp, Hector Kyprianou, Shad Ogie, Sam Sargeant, Ruel Sotiriou, Adam Thompson
Offered New Contract: James Brophy, Craig Clay, Dan Happe, Danny Johnson, Jayden Sweeney, Lawrence Vigouroux, Conor Wilkinson

Released: Lee Angol, Josh Coulson , James Dayton, Louis Dennis, Myles Judd, Sam Ling, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Jobi McAnuff (retired), Brendon Shabani, Jamie Turley, Joe Widdowson
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby ianb » Thu May 13, 2021 10:48 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Anyway, what's Mason Bennett up to these days?

In Il Rosso this afternoon... :shock:
ianb
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 14, 2021 12:37 am

lifestags wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Sorry but a few people keep getting this mixed up,

His name is James Clarke, Jamie is an ex player from about 20 years ago.
No problem. Thanks for pointing it out.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Fri May 14, 2021 5:42 am

ianb wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Anyway, what's Mason Bennett up to these days?

In Il Rosso this afternoon... :shock:

When will he ever learn? Not only did he have the "situation" at Derby, he's now inside pubs before being allowed on Monday!
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 14, 2021 5:45 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Clarke whenever he's played has done a job and not let himself or t'club down. Gordon at RB has had plenty of chances throughout the season to nail the RB/RWB berth and continuallt shot himself and t'club in the foot. Obviously with Clarke's emergence and development into the side it'll make Gordon up his game or else Clarke'll have t'shirt.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri May 14, 2021 8:06 am

Clements released by Cheltenham
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri May 14, 2021 8:10 am

Massive clear out by Col U, lots of recognisable names, Brown, Harriott, Lapslie, Pell, Senior, Sowunmi
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri May 14, 2021 8:26 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Massive clear out by Col U, lots of recognisable names, Brown, Harriott, Lapslie, Pell, Senior, Sowunmi

Liked the look of Pell in the past. Centre mid right? That's our strongest area at the minute though.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Fri May 14, 2021 8:32 am

Is Tom Lapslie as good as his brother
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Opus » Fri May 14, 2021 8:33 am

Is Tom Lapslie as good as his brother