{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Relegated clubs appeal

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Relegated clubs appeal

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat May 08, 2021 10:13 am

It’s a fair shout IMHO, integrity of the NL pyramid at National League and below has been massively undermined with the c19 responses and reactions. I can’t believe they continued the season once second wave became clear
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:23 am

Clubs were kept out of the football league for years because of a closed shop voting system, There will always be small clubs in the National league playing established clubs. This season has been like no other with all clubs having to first survive, all clubs have followed the rules, and the National league have stated that clubs will be promoted to League football But because of clubs below there level would not survive, their would be no relegation, This was a format that was agreed to, for the sake of lower league football below National League level , Southend and Grimsby after 46 games were the bottom 2 end off, over 12 x league clubs who have put all their resources in this campaign would just love the bottom 2 in league 2 having a pass, football has never been a level playing field, whats new
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 am

You land in the bottom 2, you go down, who gets relegated from other leagues (or not) doesn't affect that.

Get gone Grimsby and Southend, as we welcome Torquay and Hartlepool back.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat May 08, 2021 10:40 am

[quote="arsene wengers coat"
Get gone Grimsby and Southend, as we welcome Torquay and Hartlepool back.[/quote]

My prediction to be honest - Sutton United and Bromley! They have to rip off 4G pitches like Harrogate!
:o
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat May 08, 2021 11:07 am

as long as the Cheats & Bedwetters don’t come up i don’t care
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Sat May 08, 2021 11:10 am

Top 2 National teams deserve promotion as much as 2 worst teams in L2 deserve relegation. Silly appeals by Grimsby and Southend.
Relegation has proven to be positive 'wake ups' to many L2 relegated teams, not so for Cheaterfield though :)
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 08, 2021 11:16 am

The Cheats should end up in the play offs as they have to play Woking, Wealdstone and Kings Lynn who cannot be relegated and have nothing to play for. They have also been losing some of their best players. It makes the National League a farce.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat May 08, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat May 08, 2021 11:19 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Cheats should end up in the play offs as they have to Play Woking, Wealdstone and Kings Lynn who cannot be relegated and have nothing to play for. They have also been losing some of their best players. It makes the National League a farce.

Don’t think it works like that Darren. You don’t just win because you’ve got more to play for. We of all teams should know that.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 08, 2021 12:00 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Cheats should end up in the play offs as they have to Play Woking, Wealdstone and Kings Lynn who cannot be relegated and have nothing to play for. They have also been losing some of their best players. It makes the National League a farce.

Don’t think it works like that Darren. You don’t just win because you’ve got more to play for. We of all teams should know that.

The Cheats signed Kings Lynn's top scorer with loan money after furloughing most of their existing squad. That does help you win & that's why the integrity of the NL is shot to raspberries this season.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 08, 2021 12:01 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

It does make a difference when the teams are playing young players. I think Woking have drawn one and lost 10 of their last 11.

Tippy is right. The National League is a farce.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat May 08, 2021 1:27 pm

No merit in this claim. What’s gone on in the league below is utterly irrelevant to the performances of Grimsby and Southend. Frivolous.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm

bellwhiff wrote:No merit in this claim. What’s gone on in the league below is utterly irrelevant to the performances of Grimsby and Southend. Frivolous.

The bottom two deserve to go down, but do any of the top 10 in Conf deserve to come up?

The Chsmpions for sure, but there's some right shady dealing going on amongst the playoff chasing pack. Still as someone said, if Chunty & the Cheats miss out who cares. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm

bellwhiff wrote:No merit in this claim. What’s gone on in the league below is utterly irrelevant to the performances of Grimsby and Southend. Frivolous.

The bottom two deserve to go down, but do any of the top 10 in Conf deserve to come up?

The Chsmpions for sure, but there's some right shady dealing going on amongst the playoff chasing pack. Still as someone said, if Chunty & the Cheats miss out who cares. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

The Cheats signed Kings Lynn's top scorer with loan money after furloughing most of their existing squad. That does help you win & that's why the integrity of the NL is shot to raspberries this season.

And many more . Expect them to get a hatfull today.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Southend and Grimsby deserve to go down. However coming up is the issue.

How about 2nd and 3rd in NL play off for the last promotion spot?

Or 1st and 2nd go into a play off situation with 23rd and 24th in league 2.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat May 08, 2021 4:04 pm

Three of the bottom teams got panned today. Sums up what a joke the National League has become.

I fully expect Chumpy, Sad and Dangerous and the other guy, lording it up on here later.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat May 08, 2021 5:50 pm

I would like both Notts County and Chesterfield to come up.I love it when we have local derbies.Big crowds great atmosphere whats not to like.If we win then all the Stags fans are happy.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat May 08, 2021 5:55 pm

geoffhill wrote:I would like both Notts County and Chesterfield to come up.I love it when we have local derbies.Big crowds great atmosphere whats not to like.If we win then all the Stags fans are happy.

No.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 08, 2021 6:04 pm

geoffhill wrote:I would like both Notts County and Chesterfield to come up.I love it when we have local derbies.Big crowds great atmosphere whats not to like.If we win then all the Stags fans are happy.

raspberry them. I hope they never come back.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat May 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Sneag wrote:

raspberry them. I hope they never come back.

Agred they extracted the urine out of us for 5 years. Hate them both.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Sod that. I wouldn't swap two days out, possibly ruined by defeat, for the current 46 days on offer at the moment, of taking the pee out of the cheating sheep molesters from the dark side of the M1 for being non-league dross.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm

Steady on Geoff. They need to serve their 5 years first.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 09, 2021 6:49 am

Clownty eventually maybe, great crack, generally a good day out, massive away support, great atmosphere and a half decent ground.

But never the sheep. It feels dangerous with all the bitterness playing in Tesco's store compound. I leave the place feeling dirty and stained and have to shower the moment I get home. And with the dip being on the outskirts getting from the run down craphole of a town centre to t'dip's a ballache too.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 09, 2021 6:52 am

Big yella wrote:

Sod that. I wouldn't swap two days out, possibly ruined by defeat, for the current 46 days on offer at the moment, of taking the pee out of the cheating sheep molesters from the dark side of the M1 for being non-league dross.

agree, i’m lovin the fact both the Cheats & bedwetters are non league, long may that continue
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon May 10, 2021 2:05 am

raspberry'em...
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum