{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale scorefred sponsored by lets end with another win

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vale scorefred sponsored by lets end with another win

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon May 10, 2021 4:53 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Keeper kicking was terrible.

Not sure what you are expecting from a 3rd choice league 2 keeper to be honest.

He's made his professional league debut and his first ever professional league start. Also he sent a player to tye hospital in 2 games. I thought he did OK all things considered. Loads of room for improvement.

His catching of balls into the box was decent. He had one good kick where it sent one of our players through I'm sure and also kept a clean sheet

He's a young lad and will improve. Kernows comment is just negative for no reason
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Jamie Pardington did well on Saturday. He made a good save and some good catches. His kicking was not great at the start.

He often did not catch the ball at the highest point but just let it drop into his arms.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon May 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Jamie Pardington did well on Saturday. He made a good save and some good catches. His kicking was not great at the start.

He often did not catch the ball at the highest point but just let it drop into his arms.

I found that a bit worrying
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 10, 2021 5:51 pm

I don’t think we need to be too concerned with Pardingtons performance. If he’s back next season it will likely be as third choice again.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Jamie Pardington did well on Saturday. He made a good save and some good catches. His kicking was not great at the start.

It’s a technique often used in rugby particularly if the ball is coming straight towards you. You still have your hands high to start with and then just guide the ball towards your body. Much less chance of dropping it. Obviously if the ball is going across you ( from a cross) you take the ball at a higher point if you can.
I thought his catching was excellent. At 6 foot 5 he doesn’t necessarily have to jump much to reach above the heads of other players.
He’s only a year younger than Stone so shouldn’t be that different in his development. Clough obviously sees both of them in training and will have made his mind up who he wants to keep.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum