{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby kwambo » Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Randall Williams from Exeter. Think he would bring us some quality down our left.

Could even be cheeky and offer Reid in a swap deal as he from that area.
kwambo
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 pm

kwambo wrote:Randall Williams from Exeter. Think he would bring us some quality down our left.

good shout. He is absolute quality. I think only injury in January stopped him going to a higher league in the transfer window.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21988
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Hladky? He made a mistake this season so he'd be no good here.

First few minutes of our game passed the ball straight to Sinclair for an early effort on goal. A more experienced striker would have buried it.


Really? You’ve never mentioned that before... ;)


Just pointing out that even the best keepers make stupid errors.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8168
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Dan » Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Hladky? He made a mistake this season so he'd be no good here.

First few minutes of our game passed the ball straight to Sinclair for an early effort on goal. A more experienced striker would have buried it.


Really? You’ve never mentioned that before... ;)


Just pointing out that even the best keepers make stupid errors.


But he still kept a clean sheet. And his mistakes could be counted on one hand throughout a whole season which is why he's "the best in the league".
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8857
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
kwambo wrote:Randall Williams from Exeter. Think he would bring us some quality down our left.


good shout. He is absolute quality. I think only injury in January stopped him going to a higher league in the transfer window.


Randell Williams will probably move to a League 1 or Championship club.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8885
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 pm

Completely forgot about Williams due to his low profile season.

Probably the most valuable player in the league, him or Hladky.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Hladky? He made a mistake this season so he'd be no good here.

First few minutes of our game passed the ball straight to Sinclair for an early effort on goal. A more experienced striker would have buried it.


Really? You’ve never mentioned that before... ;)


Just pointing out that even the best keepers make stupid errors.


But he still kept a clean sheet. And his mistakes could be counted on one hand throughout a whole season which is why he's "the best in the league".


I've not followed Salford so I wouldn't know.

I'd take Hladky here. I'm just fed up with the constant theme that a certain player is as bad as his last mistake and others can do no wrong.

My aim for those who think that a keeper with the pedigree of Stone should be written off and cast aside at age 21 because he's made errors. Hladky is 30 years old he's in his prime. I've seen enough of Stone that I feel he will be a very good goalkeeper. Needs a bit more development.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8168
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Dan » Mon May 03, 2021 10:43 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Hladky? He made a mistake this season so he'd be no good here.

First few minutes of our game passed the ball straight to Sinclair for an early effort on goal. A more experienced striker would have buried it.


Really? You’ve never mentioned that before... ;)


Just pointing out that even the best keepers make stupid errors.


But he still kept a clean sheet. And his mistakes could be counted on one hand throughout a whole season which is why he's "the best in the league".


I've not followed Salford so I wouldn't know.

I'd take Hladky here. I'm just fed up with the constant theme that a certain player is as bad as his last mistake and others can do no wrong.

My aim for those who think that a keeper with the pedigree of Stone should be written off and cast aside at age 21 because he's made errors. Hladky is 30 years old he's in his prime. I've seen enough of Stone that I feel he will be a very good goalkeeper. Needs a bit more development.


Completely agree with that.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8857
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Vice President » Mon May 03, 2021 11:47 pm

I have a feeling that NC won't be signing many 'obvious'/'League 2 big names'. (Apart from the Burton connection that has already been documented). His scouting network appears to take in the SPL and youth teams higher up the pyramid.

Brian Clough cobbled together some unlikely players who played as a team and collectively punched far above their individual weight. To a certain extent, Nigel followed suit at Burton. Whilst at Mansfield he will have a relatively big budget, I imagine that he will still go down the more frugal/surprise package route. .... Just a hunch.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 04, 2021 7:16 am

If we are to seriously challenge next season we need a better goalkeeper. Stech is under contract, so I can see Stone leaving.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7369
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby bear 73 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:09 am

i count 18 players from league 2, 14 players under contract, non from level higher leagues and non from Scotland, I think 32 would be a big squad for league 2, and all from league 2,
We all have opinions its a good job we have a manager to make the big decisions, we fans agree to disagree funny old game
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue May 04, 2021 9:35 am

bear 73 wrote:i count 18 players from league 2, 14 players under contract, non from level higher leagues and non from Scotland, I think 32 would be a big squad for league 2, and all from league 2
We all have opinions its a good job we have a manager to make the big decisions, we fans agree to disagree funny old game


That’s because the thread title is ‘if you could sign any League Two player.....’ :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Beyond The Pale » Tue May 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Brett Pitman. Could be our talisman in a similar way that Ian Henderson has been for Salford & give us what we have been missing in the opposition penalty box, loads of experience & he still knows where the net is, that's for sure.

If he'd could be lured from Swindon & come this far north, of course.
Anti-intellect & marketing. Pretty-pretty. Who needs talent?
User avatar
Beyond The Pale
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 934
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Sherwood Forest.

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu May 06, 2021 11:23 am

NC will be in contact with Pitman 100%..
Don't normally come this far north though.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: If you could sign any League Two player who would it be?

Postby Dan » Thu May 06, 2021 1:22 pm

He makes Matt Rhead look slim.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8857
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bmthstag, patstag, yorkshire stag and 28 guests