{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Oldham scorefred sponsored by chance of another double.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by chance of another double.

Postby bear 73 » Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 am

Reid has moved from home and family plus friends, having had a very successful season with his home town club Torquay Utd, , so this season being introduced to league football during a pandemic with lock down, social distancing, and a unreal shock playing without fans, we know some players take time to settle, but family and friends are a persons bedrock in worrying times, Reid for me has struggled a lot, but i can cut him some slack and the manager has used him to cut costs and get rid of high earners and it worked,
Perhaps if social distancing and mixing again becomes the norm, this season could be the catalyst that leads him to success.
Again above my pay grade Clough has shown faith in him to make us safe, will he become good enough for the next stage, [ In Clough I Trust ]
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Re: Oldham scorefred sponsored by chance of another double.

Postby Big yella » Wed May 05, 2021 2:50 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
James wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:And Jamie Reid one of them? The lunatics really have taken over the asylum. Really sorry but I simply don't get that.

He got a goal and assist. You have very high expectations to expect more than that.

He tapped in from 6 yards in the final minutes when they'd given up. He missed badly on other occasions and doesn't win anything in the air. I will accept he held up better than he has previously rather than just lose the ball immediately but that's not a very high bar to surpass

Come on Chris! He won nothing in the air? So what? We had the ball for the entire game and created 27 shots on goal, which he played a part in.

Nobody is saying he’s the best thing since sliced bread, or even that he’s any good at all, but he contributed well on Saturday. To say anything else is just being stubborn.

What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?

Unsliced bread.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum