{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow customer service or lack of

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

iFollow customer service or lack of

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Interesting - I emailed iFollow after Saturday's shambles when the commentary was out of sync with the picture and I knew everything that was about to happen on screen and have essentially been told I am a liar and there were no issues. No - 'none we were aware of' or 'we will investigate further' that I would expect - just the below.

Instead they said: "We are able to confirm that you accessed the entire live game without any issues via your Windows pc/laptop. We can confirm as well that we did not have any issues during the live game."

Bloody disgraceful.
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: iFollow customer service or lack of

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:05 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great service :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:13 pm

It was out of sync for most of us and so bad I had to turn the commentary off.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:26 pm

Rob wrote:It was out of sync for most of us and so bad I had to turn the commentary off.

Same, I think it was up until the goal.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 pm

I also emailed them to complain and received a reply acknowledging the issues and telling me to contact them by 'Live chat ' if any further issues
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 pm

Apologies about this again, it was very annoying, as I said on Saturday including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:07 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support

I agree, it isn't Martins fault or his job to apologise, unless of course he can see two seconds into the future!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:20 pm

When I had a problem Ifollow customer Services responded and sorted out my issue.
Not consistent it seems.

Funny that Chadman is complaining about media issues, maybe he should complain more to Johnsons Press about the quality and content of a once good newspaper, the Chad.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:19 pm

Definitely not Martin's fault in anyway, but to tell me there were no issues but acknowledge them to someone else is so annoying!

Oldweststander - hi there. I agree with the drop in quality and resources Chad had suffered. All the years I had worked there I had seen the changes believe me.

But the good news is we now have brand new owners of Johnston Press who want to do things much more locally instead of the way they'd been going - centrally and nationally.

Plus yours truly has just had a year off kicking my heels on furlough and no one to properly concentrate on Stags.

So I hope/know you are seeing an improvement already with much more to come.
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 pm

I have insisted I was not the only one on a reply and said the club know there was an issue..

"I get back . . .Unfortunately, as explained previously we did not encounter any issues during the live game and there has been no reports including the issue mentioned in your email.

If the game froze or was out of sync it can be due to the internet connection or the device."

So it was all our internet connections and devices that were to blame.
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby fromestag » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Had a similar experience myself when I complained after the FGR away game as there was no picture at the start of the match for 20 mins or so. It was o.k. for the rest of the match; the highlight being the chap wiping the rain from the camera with his hanky.!. However, submitted a complaint to ifollow, expecting a refund, or a voucher for a free game, because of the poor service, but just got a one line apology along the lines of ‘O.K then. Bye. See Ya.’ I haven’t used the video pass service since.
fromestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:41 pm

Chadman wrote:I have insisted I was not the only one on a reply and said the club know there was an issue..

"I get back . . .Unfortunately, as explained previously we did not encounter any issues during the live game and there has been no reports including the issue mentioned in your email.

If the game froze or was out of sync it can be due to the internet connection or the device."

Hi Chadman
My response email was from 'Gemma'
who said and I quote
We are now aware of the cause of the issue and preventative measures and fixes have been implemented to stop this from happening again.
If you have any issues like this during the next live game please contact us via the live chat option on the club's website and we will endeavour to resolve this as soon as possible
yellowstagsfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:13 pm

Chadman wrote:Interesting - I emailed iFollow after Saturday's shambles when the commentary was out of sync with the picture and I knew everything that was about to happen on screen and have essentially been told I am a liar and there were no issues. No - 'none we were aware of' or 'we will investigate further' that I would expect - just the below.

Instead they said: "We are able to confirm that you accessed the entire live game without any issues via your Windows pc/laptop. We can confirm as well that we did not have any issues during the live game."

Bloody disgraceful.

The 2 times I had dealings with them they were very helpful.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:58 am

Chadman wrote:I have insisted I was not the only one on a reply and said the club know there was an issue..

Big yella has been telling us this for months ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Chadman... surely you could have worked from home putting articles together? Am I missing something or has the world gone totally mad?
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:24 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Chadman... surely you could have worked from home putting articles together? Am I missing something or has the world gone totally mad?

They only have one typewriter and it's too heavy to move around. :D
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:43 pm

Simples... get youself some IPTV chadman.

Every football game in the world for free... Movies... PPV events... Netflix series all for £62 a year.

services like sky, ifollow etc do not care about you...Hit these soul less, money grabbing companies were it hurts!

IN THE POCKET
Gazmoose82
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:44 pm

Chadman wrote:Interesting - I emailed iFollow after Saturday's shambles when the commentary was out of sync with the picture and I knew everything that was about to happen on screen and have essentially been told I am a liar and there were no issues. No - 'none we were aware of' or 'we will investigate further' that I would expect - just the below.

Bloody disgraceful.

Interestingly tonight while watch BT sports (Leicester vs WBA ) on my virgin media TV set up their commentary (John Helm?) was in front of the video. I couldn’t believe it.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:00 pm

It was Darren Fletcher and I thought the same thing. You knew Leicester had scored before it hit the back of the net. Very off putting.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:10 pm

part time pete wrote:

Bloody disgraceful.

Interestingly tonight while watch BT sports (Leicester vs WBA ) on my virgin media TV set up their commentary (John Helm?) was in front of the video. I couldn’t believe it.

Same here Pete.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:21 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Simples... get youself some IPTV chadman.

Every football game in the world for free... Movies... PPV events... Netflix series all for £62 a year.

services like sky, ifollow etc do not care about you...Hit these soul less, money grabbing companies were it hurts!

IN THE POCKET

So now it as gone from you depriving MTFC funds by not paying through ifollow ,telling others to do the same .

You are shameful . :roll: :crazy:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:

Your right he shouldn't have to apologise for their crap service. However, he does owe one to those of us he has spent 3 games short of a season that it's been our fault, we logged in wrong, used the wrong server, our broadband is crap blah blah blah. (Any of those excuses seem very similar to the ones ifollow have been giving out.)

Yet now it's a fellow member of the press complaining it suddenly is ifollow's problem, and he's not a liar with a cheap shoddy broadband and too clueless to work it properly.

I suppose it would have nothing to do with him defending the service that has got him and his mate in to see every game live. whilst we all sat at home putting up with the rubbish served up.

The kind of answers chadman got is the kind we have been getting, when your lucky enough to get one, all season and Martin has defended them at every turn. (Awaits the 'don't dare call out St. Martin' replies.)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Your right he shouldn't have to apologise for their crap service. However, he does owe one to those of us he has spent 3 games short of a season that it's been our fault, we logged in wrong, used the wrong server, our broadband is crap blah blah blah. (Any of those excuses seem very similar to the ones ifollow have been giving out.)

Yet now it's a fellow member of the press complaining it suddenly is ifollow's problem, and he's not a liar with a cheap shoddy broadband and too clueless to work it properly.

I suppose it would have nothing to do with him defending the service that has got him and his mate in to see every game live. whilst we all sat at home putting up with the rubbish served up.

The kind of answers chadman got is the kind we have been getting, when your lucky enough to get one, all season and Martin has defended them at every turn. (Awaits the 'don't dare call out St. Martin' replies.)

Get over yourself, they will or have sorted it.

We will see or hear tomorrow.

There are bigger problems in this World to worry about.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Except it wasn't just John's problem, it was an issue across the board on this occasion with the commentary ahead of the picture. Completely different to any individual having connectivity problems.

The customer service of iFollow is a whole other issue, but not one I have had to experience fortunately.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum