{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow customer service or lack of

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:46 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:apologies for the sound issues before the game started. Had to re-dial about 5 times, but finally we were fine just in time for kick-off.

It was prrfect during the match
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby chip63 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:apologies for the sound issues before the game started. Had to re-dial about 5 times, but finally we were fine just in time for kick-off.

Redial ? Thought you was in Salford not Chesterfield.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:03 am

No, no, no. The problem must have been at our end. Our crap broadband speed. Us being luddites. Or us just plain lying. Must have been our fault, ifollow is faultless.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:37 am

Big yella wrote:

No, no, no. The problem must have been at our end. Our crap broadband speed. Us being luddites. Or us just plain lying. Must have been our fault, ifollow is faultless.

Getting boring now Craig and you’re making yourself look like the Violet Elizabeth that you accuse others of being. Grow up eh?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Dan wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Getting boring now Craig and you’re making yourself look like the Violet Elizabeth that you accuse others of being. Grow up eh?

To right I am. For eight months St. Martin has made all the problems faced with ifollow as being my fault, and told us what a wonderful service it is.

Now it’s one of his buddies having the exact same problems it’s not his fault, he’s not a liar, he’s not too thick to log in properly, he’s not a cheapskate with crap WiFi, he must of tried other servers etc. etc.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:36 pm

Seriously does it really matter? Just chill and relax or you’ll give yourself a hernia. There are far worse things going on in the world, just think about what happened to poor Lee Collins and realise things really aren’t as bad as you think. And if they are then my PM’s are always open if you need to talk to someone. We all need to be kinder to each other. We’re here for a good time not a long time.

:coys: :coys:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:22 pm

Big yella wrote:Now it’s one of his buddies having ...

John Lomas (Chadman)'s complaint was that the audio and video were not synched properly for the Stevenage game. I had already apologised about that four days earlier.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chadman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:54 am

After my third email and a demand to speak to someone more senior if they could not accept what I was saying, lo and behold I got my tenner refunded at last!
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:19 am

Just out of interest what is the maximum streaming quality.
Ie is it 1080p 1080i or 720p and more importantly how many frames per second. My mate paid for one game and the screen refresh seemed very poor. Using a brilliant lg tv? That same tv streamed a 4k game via Amazon prime with amazing results.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:36 am

Chadman wrote:After my third email and a demand to speak to someone more senior if they could not accept what I was saying, lo and behold I got my tenner refunded at last!

So you watched the game for free, i thought you was looking for a news story to help improve fans enjoyment of watching the Stags. A statement from iplayer apologising for slight technical difficulties and how important viewers are to both them and the club.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:23 pm

chip63 wrote:
Chadman wrote:After my third email and a demand to speak to someone more senior if they could not accept what I was saying, lo and behold I got my tenner refunded at last!

So you watched the game for free, i thought you was looking for a news story to help improve fans enjoyment of watching the Stags. A statement from iplayer apologising for slight technical difficulties and how important viewers are to both them and the club.

Do you pay to go to work chip? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:09 pm

chip63 wrote:

Bone.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Few problems easily resolved but have still enjoyed all the away games this season.

Delayed at the hospital and missed the first half of the Friday game and again for the Saturday midday game. Turned the phone off and started Ifollow from the start and it was the same as watching it live - excellent service.

Would pay full away ticket price to watch the away games next season. The clubs would gain because I wouldn't travel except for a few "local" games.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:27 pm

ST4GS wrote:Just out of interest what is the maximum streaming quality.
Ie is it 1080p 1080i or 720p and more importantly how many frames per second. My mate paid for one game and the screen refresh seemed very poor. Using a brilliant lg tv? That same tv streamed a 4k game via Amazon prime with amazing results.

1080p is the max quality. Or you can choose 720p, or various lower qualities.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu May 20, 2021 2:12 pm

This ones for BY :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu May 20, 2021 3:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

This ones for BY :lol:

Jesus the rest must be poor. If any of the others actually answer the phone or an email they’ll beat ifollow.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu May 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Of course there have been issues with ifollow but in unprecedented times it has delivered unprecedented coverage. For the first time ever we've been able to watch all 46 games sat in your pants on the sofa.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu May 20, 2021 5:06 pm

If i-Follow did away games for away fans at the full ticket price next season, while clubs are only admitting home fans I think they'd get a lot takers.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu May 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Sneag wrote:If i-Follow did away games for away fans at the full ticket price next season, while clubs are only admitting home fans I think they'd get a lot takers.

I think they’d do ok. I’m not sure I would pay full match price though.

I’m watching the game is only half the experience really isn’t it?

They should allow the club to show the game at the stadium bar, with the club charging admission. That would be great
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu May 20, 2021 5:40 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:
Sneag wrote:If i-Follow did away games for away fans at the full ticket price next season, while clubs are only admitting home fans I think they'd get a lot takers.

I think they’d do ok. I’m not sure I would pay full match price though.

I’m watching the game is only half the experience really isn’t it?

They should allow the club to show the game at the stadium bar, with the club charging admission. That would be great

True, but it would still be cheaper than a tank of petrol, gets some mates round & it's cheap as chips.

I'm just not convinced clubs will be a full capacity come August.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Away Games To Be Beamed Back on iFollow Next Season?

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 21, 2021 10:37 am

Carlisle United’s John Nixon says the possibility of “beaming back” away games for fans to watch at Brunton Park is under discussion. The club’s co-owner says that is one of the potential outcomes for the iFollow streaming service next season. Nixon, who represents League Two clubs at the EFL, confirmed the league is looking at the “beam-back” option if iFollow is no longer made regularly available for Saturday games.

“There have been discussions,” he said at this week’s fans’ forum at Brunton Park. You could take a situation like Carlisle away to Exeter, and let’s just say [in a] Covid-free [climate], and there’s still a significant number that would find it difficult to travel. Is there a possibility – and these are things that are being looked at – that the beam-back situation could occur through iFollow to the stadium, to Foxy’s, to the Sunset Suite etc. It would be limited in the number that could watch it that couldn’t actually travel. That is being looked at. Whether it will get through considerations I couldn’t be sure.”

Nixon said he “hopes there is a compromise,” given the number of fans who have relied on iFollow this season. The service would remain a lifeline to exiled supporters if the league opts to continue offering it regularly. But the issue of Saturday 3pm games being “sacrosanct” when it comes to screening games live will be a major hurdle.

Nigel Clibbens, Carlisle Chief Exec said he doubted iFollow would continue in the same way once significant numbers of fans were allowed back into grounds. “The position of the EFL, driven by the clubs, is 3pm games on Saturday are sacrosanct. Regulations that stop it are carved in stone. A specific exemption was allowed, because no fans could go this season. It was a way to keep fans connected with games, a way for clubs to earn money, and, at the same time, without the expectation this would become permanent.

“The theory is if the EFL say, ‘We’re now going to allow our games to be streamed live’ the first thing that will then happen is the Premier League will then say, ‘Ok, we’ll stream English football matches live, at 3pm on Saturday’. The risk will then be that they sell out their stadiums and don’t lose any matchday income, but fans down the pyramid say, ‘I’m not gonna watch Carlisle United versus Crawley, I’m gonna watch Manchester United versus Liverpool.’ Nobody is prepared to test the water and see if it works."

Nixon pointed out that iFollow availability will continue as normal for midweek matches.

Carlisle revealed they had made about £340,000 from iFollow in the 2020/21 season.

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/193 ... low-talks/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Away Games To Be Beamed Back on iFollow Next Season?

Postby wardy12345 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:51 pm

It would be good if away games was on Ifollow next season.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby chip63 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:56 pm

wardy12345 wrote:It would be good if away games was on Ifollow next season.

Wasn't it available for overseas viewers the season before, not sure if brexit effects anything.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri May 21, 2021 1:58 pm

Not keen on the idea personally.

We should be encouraging as many as possible to attend in person. Clubs probably need the gate receipts more than ever and away fans are what create the atmosphere at games. Giving clubs the option to beam back and therefore take away sections of the travelling support would damage the match day experience in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri May 21, 2021 2:03 pm

I'm with you BH. IFollow has been brilliant during the pandemic but as things open up again we should go back to how it was.

It will eventually kill atmosphere at away games as a lot will just watch it at home. Lower league football is a sport, not a TV show.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum