{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow customer service or lack of

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow customer service or lack of

Postby Big yella » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support

Your right he shouldn't have to apologise for their crap service. However, he does owe one to those of us he has spent 3 games short of a season that it's been our fault, we logged in wrong, used the wrong server, our broadband is crap blah blah blah. (Any of those excuses seem very similar to the ones ifollow have been giving out.)

Yet now it's a fellow member of the press complaining it suddenly is ifollow's problem, and he's not a liar with a cheap shoddy broadband and too clueless to work it properly.

I suppose it would have nothing to do with him defending the service that has got him and his mate in to see every game live. whilst we all sat at home putting up with the rubbish served up.

The kind of answers chadman got is the kind we have been getting, when your lucky enough to get one, all season and Martin has defended them at every turn. (Awaits the 'don't dare call out St. Martin' replies.)

Except it wasn't just John's problem, it was an issue across the board on this occasion with the commentary ahead of the picture. Completely different to any individual having connectivity problems.

The customer service of iFollow is a whole other issue, but not one I have had to experience fortunately.

And all the other times when numerous people complain about the same issue, no picture, wrong commentary, getting kicked out, etc. etc. ?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:49 pm

I have watched around 145 League 2 games on ifollow this season and the coverage has been very good for all the clubs. I've really enjoyed it.

There was a slight delay on the Stevenage game but it wasn't too bad. You could just turn the sound down if you were bothered by it.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:15 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I have watched around 145 League 2 games on ifollow this season and the coverage has been very good for all the clubs. I've really enjoyed it.

There was a slight delay on the Stevenage game but it wasn't too bad. You could just turn the sound down if you were bothered by it.

Yeah, that's it. Pay for the service and then when you only get half of it, shut up and accept it. Is that the service your clients accept Tippy?
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:34 am

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Apologies again, as I said on Saturday in multiple places including on Stagsnet, on social media, and again I apologised on commentary last night.

Too right Martin you did but you shouldn't have to Chadman is right there is a lack of Customer service and support

Your right he shouldn't have to apologise for their crap service. However, he does owe one to those of us he has spent 3 games short of a season that it's been our fault, we logged in wrong, used the wrong server, our broadband is crap blah blah blah. (Any of those excuses seem very similar to the ones ifollow have been giving out.)

Yet now it's a fellow member of the press complaining it suddenly is ifollow's problem, and he's not a liar with a cheap shoddy broadband and too clueless to work it properly.

I suppose it would have nothing to do with him defending the service that has got him and his mate in to see every game live. whilst we all sat at home putting up with the rubbish served up.

The kind of answers chadman got is the kind we have been getting, when your lucky enough to get one, all season and Martin has defended them at every turn. (Awaits the 'don't dare call out St. Martin' replies.)

Except it wasn't just John's problem, it was an issue across the board on this occasion with the commentary ahead of the picture. Completely different to any individual having connectivity problems.

The customer service of iFollow is a whole other issue, but not one I have had to experience fortunately.

And all the other times when numerous people complain about the same issue, no picture, wrong commentary, getting kicked out, etc. etc. ?

As I said, those are issues for the individual rather than a problem with the broadcast.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:01 am

You can only describe it as you find it and the ifollow service has been very good for me watching League 2 games on my desktop PC.

It is also completely unfair to blame Martin for anything. Martin does not work for ifollow but he has gone out of his way and done his best to help fans with tech issues.

Most of the money we pay to ifollow to watch games also goes to the club so we have been helping the club financially by watching on ifollow.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:38 am

I to have had problems with ifollow, and Martin took time out to try to help me, The service leaves a lot to be desired, while looking at the whole picture it has enabled me to follow football which has been a life line during the pandemic, and still put much needed cash into Mansfield Town , So its a plus from me until something better comes along.
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:57 pm

Having sound problems, anyone elses sound breaking up?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:58 pm

yes I have texted Marty
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:00 pm

Mine went ok ,now gone back to norman collier style commentary ,and just as i type it sounds ok again
Torrystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby diablo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:01 pm

There was a sound isue today..totally goobley gook , I just turned off the commentary and watched...no problem..turned it on near the end it was ok..just grateful, but not enjoyable from the football perspective, that we have been able to watch the Stags all Season..probably be the first and last Season I get to watch all 46 League games
diablo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:39 pm

apologies for the sound issues before the game started. Had to re-dial about 5 times, but finally we were fine just in time for kick-off.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:46 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:apologies for the sound issues before the game started. Had to re-dial about 5 times, but finally we were fine just in time for kick-off.

It was prrfect during the match
Torrystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:apologies for the sound issues before the game started. Had to re-dial about 5 times, but finally we were fine just in time for kick-off.

Redial ? Thought you was in Salford not Chesterfield.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:03 am

No, no, no. The problem must have been at our end. Our crap broadband speed. Us being luddites. Or us just plain lying. Must have been our fault, ifollow is faultless.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:37 am

Big yella wrote:

No, no, no. The problem must have been at our end. Our crap broadband speed. Us being luddites. Or us just plain lying. Must have been our fault, ifollow is faultless.

Getting boring now Craig and you’re making yourself look like the Violet Elizabeth that you accuse others of being. Grow up eh?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:30 pm

Dan wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Getting boring now Craig and you’re making yourself look like the Violet Elizabeth that you accuse others of being. Grow up eh?

To right I am. For eight months St. Martin has made all the problems faced with ifollow as being my fault, and told us what a wonderful service it is.

Now it’s one of his buddies having the exact same problems it’s not his fault, he’s not a liar, he’s not too thick to log in properly, he’s not a cheapskate with crap WiFi, he must of tried other servers etc. etc.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:36 pm

Seriously does it really matter? Just chill and relax or you’ll give yourself a hernia. There are far worse things going on in the world, just think about what happened to poor Lee Collins and realise things really aren’t as bad as you think. And if they are then my PM’s are always open if you need to talk to someone. We all need to be kinder to each other. We’re here for a good time not a long time.

:coys: :coys:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Big yella wrote:Now it’s one of his buddies having ...

John Lomas (Chadman)'s complaint was that the audio and video were not synched properly for the Stevenage game. I had already apologised about that four days earlier.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chadman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:54 am

After my third email and a demand to speak to someone more senior if they could not accept what I was saying, lo and behold I got my tenner refunded at last!
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:19 am

Just out of interest what is the maximum streaming quality.
Ie is it 1080p 1080i or 720p and more importantly how many frames per second. My mate paid for one game and the screen refresh seemed very poor. Using a brilliant lg tv? That same tv streamed a 4k game via Amazon prime with amazing results.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:36 am

Chadman wrote:After my third email and a demand to speak to someone more senior if they could not accept what I was saying, lo and behold I got my tenner refunded at last!

So you watched the game for free, i thought you was looking for a news story to help improve fans enjoyment of watching the Stags. A statement from iplayer apologising for slight technical difficulties and how important viewers are to both them and the club.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:23 pm

chip63 wrote:
Chadman wrote:After my third email and a demand to speak to someone more senior if they could not accept what I was saying, lo and behold I got my tenner refunded at last!

So you watched the game for free, i thought you was looking for a news story to help improve fans enjoyment of watching the Stags. A statement from iplayer apologising for slight technical difficulties and how important viewers are to both them and the club.

Do you pay to go to work chip? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:09 pm

chip63 wrote:

Bone.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Few problems easily resolved but have still enjoyed all the away games this season.

Delayed at the hospital and missed the first half of the Friday game and again for the Saturday midday game. Turned the phone off and started Ifollow from the start and it was the same as watching it live - excellent service.

Would pay full away ticket price to watch the away games next season. The clubs would gain because I wouldn't travel except for a few "local" games.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:27 pm

ST4GS wrote:Just out of interest what is the maximum streaming quality.
Ie is it 1080p 1080i or 720p and more importantly how many frames per second. My mate paid for one game and the screen refresh seemed very poor. Using a brilliant lg tv? That same tv streamed a 4k game via Amazon prime with amazing results.

1080p is the max quality. Or you can choose 720p, or various lower qualities.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum