{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:29 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:47 pm

detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:06 pm

Ref was bad.Maris my MOM
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:22 pm

The One wrote:Ref was bad.Maris my MOM

I disagree about the ref, I thought he got most decisions correct, what went against him was the fact he ate 5 ball boys, 16 pies and 4 peas and mint sauce at half time. From watching him as a referee I think the only reason he is at this level is his weight, I think in terms of decision making he could referee at the top level.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 am

Rob wrote:

I disagree about the ref, I thought he got most decisions correct, what went against him was the fact he ate 5 ball boys, 16 pies and 4 peas and mint sauce at half time. From watching him as a referee I think the only reason he is at this level is his weight, I think in terms of decision making he could referee at the top level.

He has not changed much over the years, always seemed to have a good game as Ref. One of the first times I saw him was our defeat at Braintree the Saturday before the Hereford game.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:31 pm

part time pete wrote:
Rob wrote:

He has not changed much over the years, always seemed to have a good game as Ref. One of the first times I saw him was our defeat at Braintree the Saturday before the Hereford game.

I agree Pete, he is probably the best referee in the EFL, which makes it very frustrating that he can't sort his fitness out. If he did, he'd 100% be in the Premier League and international football. We need referees like him, calm, unfussy and someone who takes no shiit - sadly he runs like he needs a shiit.

I have met him a few times, he is very, very highly regarded in refereeing circles but has that one obvious obstacle.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum