{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets - early bird extended until Fri 16 July

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets.

Postby geoffhill » Thu May 06, 2021 7:53 am

The best ever away game for me was at Hereford when Greeny scored the winner.It was an amazing time and will probably never be repeated.Really looking forward to the new season and going to matches home and away.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu May 06, 2021 8:04 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:
Dan wrote:It’s more about seeing your ‘football family’ that you wouldn’t get to see for the rest of the week. That’s what always did it for me. I really miss that while sitting pitch side as it can be a very lonely place at times.

This is so true Dan. There are folks at the game whose name you might not know, but have more conversations with them in a month than you do some family members in a year.

In what other setting do your share an emotional connection with so many people, who you know nothing more about?

Spent very many hours travelling to away games with my brother in law and Ian the bloke who sat behind us at home games .I knew his favourite away game was always York because the toilets reminded him of the old North stand days . Favourite chippy was Newport away , favourite supporters bar was a toss up Between Oxford with the choice of chippy or Chinese’s and Cambridge which ,reminded him of the old Antlers bar at field Mill , worst away ground was Wycombe (pie without gravy), goalkeepers shouldn’t wear bright shirts because opposition players get a sight of goal a fraction earlier and you must always build a team from the centre half , remember big George.
When he passed we realised we did not now his surname, vaguely remember him mentioning a son and daughter but we weren’t sure how many of each he had .When we attended his funeral his order of service card had a nickname on it that everyone away from football knew him by but we did not even know about it .

Sadly away from football he had a few personal issues which I share but both of us chose to have a day away from life’s problems when we could well have helped each other if we had shared thoughts.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 am

I'm worrying that apathy will have crept into supporters like SPBS and his two mates ;)

For me you can't beat a perfect matchday. They don't arrive very often.
From the moment you wake the buzz is there. The mississ sez, 'are you coming shopping with me to Primark and Poundland darling'? And you put her firmly in her place with, 'here's a fiver my duck enjoy yourself, but shopping me, on a Saturday, with my reputation'. :hysteria: .

So with the trouble and strife stood pondering retribution you walk out the door to meet your footy mates for pre match nosh up and swill it down with 3-4 pints of fine ale. On the TV in t'pub Manure are playing bottom of the League, and you laugh fit to burst as the bottom of the League score a 90+12m (Fergietime) winner and watch all the plastic Mancs sink dejectedly into their seats.

Fortified and fuelled up you walk to the ground, stopping off at that shop near Titchy Park to buy Jelly Babies, as we all know you can't celabrate properly without Jelly Babies. You buy two pack to be on the safe side. :D

The ground looks super the pitch is perfect, you shake John n Caz's hand as they arrive.
We end up tonking someone 5-0 and torment the away fans somat rotten as they begin leaving early. Then rapturously applaud the team as they leave the pitch.

Down to the SP you find your mate's got the beers in and a seat near the telly which has on Sheep s******* v Wealdstone. You're almost falling off your seat :hysteria: as Wealdstone win 0-4.
More beer. Then as t'SP thins out JR n Caz come down from the KBS and share a bottle or two with you whilst leading a chorus of 'Mansfield till I die'.

You look at the clock, Crikey 9pm :shock: time for another beer then :D

You call for a Chinese on the way home. Open the door and being as though she says, 'dinner's in the dog' you've got all bases covered and are that happy you say,
"Buy anything nice dear?"
She can't resist and shows you the new bra and pants she bought from M&S :)

Matchdays and Carlsberg eh!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu May 06, 2021 8:44 am

Hopefully if restrictions are fully lifted the club will offer an early bird deal where you can buy the seat you had pre Covid. Nobody was able to sit in last seasons allocated seat so it makes sense to revert to the previous seasons where you can once again join friends and family in a familiar area.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu May 06, 2021 11:13 am

one f in mansfield wrote:Hopefully if restrictions are fully lifted the club will offer an early bird deal where you can buy the seat you had pre Covid. Nobody was able to sit in last seasons allocated seat so it makes sense to revert to the previous seasons where you can once again join friends and family in a familiar area.

Jus to clarify on this as it seems to be mentioned quite often, the club stated when STs were sold for the 2020/21 season that these were temporary seats only and that once restrictions were lifted the STs for the next season would be based on your seats from the 2019/20 season.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu May 06, 2021 11:41 am

If for whatever reason we need to sit in different seats due to covid redirections then so be it, providing there’s a promise you can return to the ones you originally had once it was allowed
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 06, 2021 11:54 am

stand well clear, if season ticket holders don’t get their original seats back !!!

just saying
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu May 06, 2021 5:15 pm

geoffhill wrote:The best ever away game for me was at Hereford when Greeny scored the winner.It was an amazing time and will probably never be repeated.Really looking forward to the new season and going to matches home and away.

Best away game for me was Rotherham when Sir Richard scored in the last minute to nock it.
Best home, and it’s through forty plus years of rose tinted glasses is Patrick in the Anglo Scottish Cup
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu May 06, 2021 5:40 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:stand well clear, if season ticket holders don’t get their original seats back !!!

just saying

You’re hard.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu May 06, 2021 6:08 pm

lifestags wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:stand well clear, if season ticket holders don’t get their original seats back !!!

just saying

You’re hard.

Bizarre reply please explain ?

just so you don’t come across too daft i’m not a season ticket holder
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu May 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Tator

I didn’t say apathy had struck me down, just the two I referred to. I’ll be there when I can get as you can never beat live football.

Can’t promise I’ll be knocking them back in Sandy’s (although it has been known) as I’d rather watch the match than having to keep draining off and missing the action.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu May 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Port Vale have sold 1,200 season tickets for next season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu May 06, 2021 7:05 pm

Can’t wait to be back. Can’t wait to see all those whom I have ‘grown up with’ and have experienced the lows, greater lows and highlights of being a Stags fan. Can’t wait to be drunk well after the final whistle as Big Yella lays into Old Ram Stag over his lack of understanding of the game. Will be shouting and backing the Stags from kick off to final whistle.

Football on the television is as realistic as a Vegan at Forest Green Rovers eating wax fruit. No offence Martin and a massive thanks for all that you have done for all of us this season. It has been greatly appreciated and a haven of escapism during these unprecedented times.

Open the grounds to their capacity and ensure you do the same with the pubs Boris. Let’s get back to a noisy, hope filled, exuberant normal. I will be that exited to be back that I won’t even mind Forest Town Stag not going by to the bar until November.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Port Vale have sold 1,200 season tickets for next season.

Must be the Flitcroft effect (cue gnashing of teeth by the usual suspects). :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Fri May 07, 2021 7:46 am

Bradders wrote:The iFollow experience has been a lifeline. If this had happened 10 years ago it would have been enormously frustrating, but being able to watch every match live on TV has been fantastic.

Having said that, it puts into perspective why a football fan like me actually goes to live matches. The TV experience is like an academic exercise; you get a good (if flat) view of the match play, but there's no "matchday experience". I know that many people call themselves fans of various clubs even though they rarely turn a stile on match day.
The buzz of a stadium is sorely missed. The build up includes finding somewhere to park, perhaps, seeing the stream of people heading towards the distant floodlights, the smell of frying sausage and onions, meeting up at the pub, the green of the pitch, the hubbub of fans building up in the stands, the PA system, the struggle to a cold, cramped and uncomfortable seat...often the actual game is the least memorable part. The experience is what you get addicted to, and if there are memorable matches you can say that you were there.

If we had nothing but televised matches to look forward to I'm sure that season tickets would eventually nosedive, so I'm pleased that, fingers crossed, we'll be using them next season for the whole experience. I'll be grabbing mine as soon as it's available.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the iFollow experience...Watched every single match home and away and apart from the pre match burger I have not missed the so called pre match buzz . Plus the fact I've had the pleasure, entertainment , laughs and totally unbiased :roll: commentating provided by Martin and Dean .The only thing I honestly miss is the banter near where I sit and crowd's reaction when we score
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby stag861 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:49 am

just saying

We want our original seats in the North Stand back.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 07, 2021 9:23 am

stag861 wrote:

just saying

We want our original seats in the North Stand back.

If capacities are reduced & no away fans allowed you might get them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri May 07, 2021 11:51 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Port Vale have sold 1,200 season tickets for next season.

Must be the Flitcroft effect (cue gnashing of teeth by the usual suspects). :lol:

The Port Vale fans have mentioned he won't have anything to do with day to day running of the team, which must be a huge relief for them :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri May 07, 2021 12:19 pm

adamstag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

The Port Vale fans have mentioned he won't have anything to do with day to day running of the team, which must be a huge relief for them :lol:

That'll be why they're doing well at the end of a season ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 pm

Good value season tickets at Franchise FC

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun May 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Bradford City are offering cheap deals again

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun May 23, 2021 6:08 pm

We should be matching one of those. We’d bloody fill the mill wouldn’t we? Maybe not, but it would be nice.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun May 23, 2021 6:42 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:We should be matching one of those. We’d bloody fill the mill wouldn’t we? Maybe not, but it would be nice.

Somewhere in between would be nice
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon May 24, 2021 1:51 pm

You’d have thought we’d have had communication by now
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon May 24, 2021 1:53 pm

The magazine had some detail about what to expect, and said an announcement would be coming soon.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum