{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Iron scorefred sponsored by a win to move onto next season.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Iron scorefred sponsored by a win to move onto next seas

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Would be a good time for the club to announce season ticket details, a couple of wins on the bounce, safety mathematically confirmed.

I haven't looked around, so stand to be corrected, but I would have thought that most clubs will be holding back on STs for a while till they see how the 'roadmap' is progressing.
In theory everything will be back to normal by the start of the season, according to the government, but any slippage in the release of restrictions could cause issues if STs have outsold the allowed capacity when the new season kicks off.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:00 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Would be a good time for the club to announce season ticket details, a couple of wins on the bounce, safety mathematically confirmed.

I haven't looked around, so stand to be corrected, but I would have thought that most clubs will be holding back on STs for a while till they see how the 'roadmap' is progressing.
In theory everything will be back to normal by the start of the season, according to the government, but any slippage in the release of restrictions could cause issues if STs have outsold the allowed capacity when the new season kicks off.

I have seen a few clubs release season ticket details, MK Dons I think was one of the top of my head, but they have a big stadium and not many fans! So I take your point.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

The current vaccination plan is have all adults offered a vaccine by July. If this happens, and thanks to our NHS it probably will, I see no reason why in August grounds can't be at full capacity. As you know, I believe now the most at risk have been vaccinated at least once, with the very highest categories twice, stadia should be open now to at least some degree.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:16 pm

Well plan A achieved against a poor Scunthorpe team with vital lessons learnt, Mansfield should have been 3-4 goals up, when from a dead ball situation they could have made it 1-1
But credit the players they put in 100% effort and won two vital games, now with 3 games remaining Clough will asses the squad and next season will certainly be on the agenda.
I see very little change, one defender and two strikers who must be quality, turning draws into wins, and losses into draws, many have criticised our squad and certainly they have been on a learning curve, but the top of the league lost 12 games we have lost 13, so we are not far away, so in a difficult year with a very poor start, and a pandemic leading to fixture congestion
while playing on poor surfaces, we got the job done maintaining league status , we also blooded some academy players, so a warm feeling all round and yes i feel we have turned a corner, Looking forward to fans back and something to cheer.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Rob wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

The current vaccination plan is have all adults offered a vaccine by July. If this happens, and thanks to our NHS it probably will, I see no reason why in August grounds can't be at full capacity. As you know, I believe now the most at risk have been vaccinated at least once, with the very highest categories twice, stadia should be open now to at least some degree.

Not going to argue with any of that Rob, apart from the last bit as I don't agree that stadia should be open yet. ;)
However, the clubs have to work to the guidance they are given by the government and as that has a tendency to change at the drop of a hat, they are probably wise to not rush into anything at the moment.
To give an example, as you are aware, my other hobby is watching stock car racing. Some of the tracks in the south west were planning to open to limited spectators from Step 2 of the roadmap in mid-April, and based on the guidance when the roadmap was released they had discussed things with their local authorities and been given permission to do so. Then on 6th April, 6 days before Step 2 started, the DCMS issued 'new guidance' which basically prohibits any "sporting events that are intended to attract spectators" until Step 3. Fixtures had been planned, tickets had been sold, and drivers had booked in to race.
Imagine the uproar on here if STs were put on sale early this year and then capacity restrictions meant not all holders were allowed into the ground for the opening fixtures again.
Hence the reason I think most clubs won't rush into selling STs just yet.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:55 pm

I'm sure you're right about season ticket sales Dave.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:34 pm

bear 73 wrote:Well plan A achieved against a poor Scunthorpe team with vital lessons learnt, Mansfield should have been 3-4 goals up, when from a dead ball situation they could have made it 1-1
But credit the players they put in 100% effort and won two vital games, now with 3 games remaining Clough will asses the squad and next season will certainly be on the agenda.
I see very little change, one defender and two strikers who must be quality, turning draws into wins, and losses into draws, many have criticised our squad and certainly they have been on a learning curve, but the top of the league lost 12 games we have lost 13, so we are not far away, so in a difficult year with a very poor start, and a pandemic leading to fixture congestion
while playing on poor surfaces, we got the job done maintaining league status , we also blooded some academy players, so a warm feeling all round and yes i feel we have turned a corner, Looking forward to fans back and something to cheer.

Agree with most of that . For me we need a first choice top league 2 , league 1 goalkeeper, another central defender and 2 quality strikers . Possibly a winger although I'm not sure how that would fit into NC's style .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:04 pm

xG last night - 2.6 v 0.1(!!!!)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:xG last night - 2.6 v 0.1(!!!!)

xG should die a horrible death like the ESL ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:40 pm

Rob wrote:

Don’t come and protest outside my house please :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

Don’t come and protest outside my house please :lol:

Ok I promise, maybe just a leaflet campaign and a strongly worded e-mail.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:09 am

A 3-0 score line gets as close to 2.6 vs 0.1 as it gets to a true representation of the game. ;) ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:15 am

Phill wrote:Honest/serious question and not meant to be slating the clearly overweight ref but....
Do Refs need to take any kind of fitness tests?

Yes they do surprisingly enough especially when you see how many officials are clearly overweight.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:40 am

Dave Wayne wrote:

And therein lies the problem!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:11 pm

So who is this weapon ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum