{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Boro scorefred sponsored by a win as we head into summer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Boro scorefred sponsored by a win as we head into summer

Postby Spiritater » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:57 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:Gonna lose this one, lads. I can smell it in the blood in my p!ss

No, it's just you being negative. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:11 pm

The One wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Fantastic :D

Great fredding

Be interesting t'fred's points won this season against the thread. :D
Last edited by Spiritater on Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:18 pm

So, I've watched every game this season apart from today.
Yet again, Bowery gets criticism but I can't comment on his performance today.
Over a season, I would say there is only Lapslie, Perch and Bowery in the running for player of the season unless I've overlooked someone?
So it begs the question, what's the problem and why the constant stick?
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:47 pm

G B wrote:So, I've watched every game this season apart from today.
Over a season, I would say there is only Lapslie, Perch and Bowery in the running for player of the season unless I've overlooked someone?

I think you have overlooked Rawson who had another fine game today. My top 3 was Rawson, Perch and Bowery. In a way it underlines how poor our season has been but also underlines how idiotic some of the comments on Bowery, who was involved in the winning goal, are.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 pm

Rob wrote:

I think you have overlooked Rawson who had another fine game today. My top 3 was Rawson, Perch and Bowery. In a way it underlines how poor our season has been but also underlines how idiotic some of the comments on Bowery, who assisted the winning goal, are.

I don’t think it was a Bowery assist, it came off a defender, but agree with your post.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:56 pm

Some want championship players to come and replace certain players.j
we are a league 2, tier 4 side and you won't get what some are asking for or wanting.
bowery is very good in the position he's playing for us and you won't get much better in this league.
A really good goal keeper is very difficult to find for a league 2 club.

Even next season we might have to be patient and let Clough nurture and improve new players
Anything got to better than this season though.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:

I think you have overlooked Rawson who had another fine game today. My top 3 was Rawson, Perch and Bowery. In a way it underlines how poor our season has been but also underlines how idiotic some of the comments on Bowery, who assisted the winning goal, are.

I don’t think it was a Bowery assist, it came off a defender, but agree with your post.

Yes not seen a replay but it looked like Bowery headed it, but it might have been the defender. However, he was involved in the melee.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:28 pm

G B wrote:Over a season, I would say there is only Lapslie, Perch and Bowery in the running for player of the season unless I've overlooked someone?

I said on another thread Gary that I think a player needs to have started around 30 league games or more to be considered as player of the season. Therefore applying that rule the candidates are:

Farrend Rawson 40(0)
Jordan Bowery 35(3)
George Maris 34(1)
Harry Charsley 32(7)

The following players could also still make 30 league starts:

Jamie Reid 29(6)
Ryan Sweeney 29(3)
Kellan Gordon 27(2)
James Perch 27(1)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:16 pm

A 1-0 win with the winning goal from a corner by a defender. One of my favourite ways to win a game and the kind of wins you need to get on a regular basis if you are going to win promotion.

The slow crawl to safety may be over. The Stags played well in the 1st half but were very poor in the 2nd half especially after Stephen Quinn went off as he passes the ball well and keeps it moving and links up well with Stephen McLaughlin. I thought Quinn and McLaughlin played well again in the first half. The 2nd half demonstrated that we need to considerably strengthen the team for next season

I gave MOM to Ryan Sweeney for his goal and very solid defensive performance including a great tackle in the 1st half and a crucial interception in the 2nd half. He has played really well in the last 3 games since his return to the side away at Exeter City. Aidan Stone also had a great game with 3 saves, a couple of good catches and a punch away from goal. Farrend Rawson was very solid in defence again and made a great block in the 2nd half. Stephen McLaughlin had another good game especially in the 1st half. He whipped in one really good free kick that Jamie Cummings could not get to and which caused panic in the Stevenage defence. James Perch also defended well but he looked like he was running in slow motion at times in the 2nd half. His crosses were also poor.

Stephen Quinn played very well in the first half putting in a good cross to Jamie Reid and we missed him when he went off. George Maris also played well in the first half but tired in the 2nd half. George Lapslie was below average again giving away silly free kicks and getting beat in the air from a free kick by Joe Martin but Aidan Stone made a great save. He started to get into the game a bit more as the half progressed but started giving fouls away again. At one point you could see Nigel Clough remonstrating with him.

Tyrese Sinclair buzzed around up front and had a couple of shots at goal. I'll give him an assist for the corner. Jamie Reid worked hard up front but his shots keep getting blocked. He did make a couple of really good tackles/interceptions in the 1st half. I did think though that he swung an arm at a Stevenage player early in the 2nd half similar to Rawson later. Jordan Bowery should have buried the chance in the 1st minute and it was a very disappointing effort at goal. I did think he worked really hard for the team though and was constantly charging back into defence. He was playing left back at times in the 2nd half.

Ollie Clarke did reasonably well as a sub and put his foot in to try and win the ball back. I thought Jason Law was a bit weak in the tackle though and the Stevenage players were easily knocking him off the ball.

It was strange to play against another team that does not have a long throw expert to keep lobbing balls into the box.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:33 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
G B wrote:Over a season, I would say there is only Lapslie, Perch and Bowery in the running for player of the season unless I've overlooked someone?

I said on another thread Gary that I think a player needs to have started around 30 league games or more to be considered as player of the season. Therefore applying that rule the candidates are:

Farrend Rawson 40(0)
Jordan Bowery 35(3)
George Maris 34(1)
Harry Charsley 32(7)

Jamie Reid 29(6)
Ryan Sweeney 29(3)
Kellan Gordon 27(2)
James Perch 27(1)

Then it's Maris for me. Perch possibly if he plays 30.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:49 am

Just watched the extended highlights from yesterday which are usually very good and it never showed Bowerys chance in the 1st minute or the nailed on penalty NC was on about
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Farrend Rawson 40(0)
Jordan Bowery 35(3)
George Maris 34(1)
Harry Charsley 32(7)

Jamie Reid 29(6)
Ryan Sweeney 29(3)
Kellan Gordon 27(2)
James Perch 27(1)
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:54 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Tyrese Sinclair buzzed around up front and had a couple of shots at goal. I'll give him an assist for the corner.

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:18 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:We're not safe.

We're bloody dog raspberry awful.

Last two seasons have been equally as poor, enough to put you off being an active fan.

The Clough positivity wore off a while ago and looking at the club's situation in the cold light of day is utterly depressing.

Get safe and quickly so I can forget about MTFC for as long as I can. I just hope that some enthusiasm returns by the time August gets here...

We are safe, We have only lost 13 games while top of the league have lost 12, now is the time for a active fan to see how the club is evolving, Clough has been positive in bringing academy players through, evaluating the present squad, and trimming the budget, while maintaining our league status and showing we have nothing to fear in this league, and come August we start with a clean slate
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:45 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:How we didn't concede today defines logic. A better team would have had 5

Please name this better team , Stevenage before today had gone 16 games with only one defeat, please lets give credit to the team when its due
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:57 am

oldweststander wrote:Bowery has turned out to be a good player, he works hard and covers more ground than most.

He is not an out and out striker, more a creator of chances for others who also pops a few in the net.

Left side of midfield may suit him?

Bowery is good at what he does , holds up play, links well with other players, works hard for the team, and being a bit more physical will add to his game, i hope he is with us next season
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:06 pm

Good performance and a great result. Such a relief to be safe (more or less).

I have a hunch Bowery will be on too big a wage to just be a back-up next season. We signed him from L1 MK Dons, remember. He's either a starter or he's too expensive.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:19 pm

What a great weekend getting a clean sheet against a very good Stevenage side on their own patch, we were out played 2nd half and our defence were excellent and Stone shown what a difference a week can make, 3 vital points loaded onto the bus showing that results matter not performances, having said that the whole team dug in to get us a brilliant result
Well done lads
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:20 pm

bear 73 wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Bowery has turned out to be a good player, he works hard and covers more ground than most.

He is not an out and out striker, more a creator of chances for others who also pops a few in the net.

Bowery is good at what he does , holds up play, links well with other players, works hard for the team, and being a bit more physical will add to his game, i hope he is with us next season

I like your last 3 posts mate. Don’t understand some fans.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:36 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:Good performance and a great result. Such a relief to be safe (more or less).

I have a hunch Bowery will be on too big a wage to just be a back-up next season. We signed him from L1 MK Dons, remember. He's either a starter or he's too expensive.

I don’t think so, especially as he was signed with wage cap in place.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:49 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bear 73 wrote:

I like your last 3 posts mate. Don’t understand some fans.

Bowery is decent.

Because it's not always glaringly obvious what an impact he has fans get annoyed. His shooting in the early season was a bit featherweight, but then he went on a purple patch in terms of goals.

Some of his 'team performances' have been brilliant. Southend away springs to mind.

I bet if you ask the players, they would all rate what he does highly.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:33 pm

Just shaded it yesterday 1.3xG to 1.2xG

Fine lines with Stevenage missing that sitter when their lad shot over bar.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum