{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Boro scorefred sponsored by a win as we head into summer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Boro scorefred sponsored by a win as we head into summer

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:19 pm

I apologise about the coverage today, with the commentary a second ahead of the video on iFollow. Extremely annoying, and very annoying that it was not fixed.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ElwoodBlues » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Not your fault Martin so no need for your apology.

I had to switch to home commentary though, only because they were so slow and monotone that they were not so out of sync.
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby sw19stag » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:27 pm

No mate not your fault at all. It was doing other odd things as well today.
Not the best from iFollow.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:18 pm

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:Clough talking of penalty in first 20 seconds, cannot recall it ? Need some after sun.

Reid nicked it to Bowery who shot over/wide. Reid appeared to be tripped as be poked the ball.

Cheers missed that. Bowery should have scored, he needs a rest.

He needs moving on!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sutton5Stag » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I apologise about the coverage today, with the commentary a second ahead of the video on iFollow. Extremely annoying, and very annoying that it was not fixed.

Nothing you could do about it Martin.
However on a plus note, it was better for my nerves, knowing that Stevenage would miss before they had an attempt on goal!
Sutton5Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Norman wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
The One wrote:Clough talking of penalty in first 20 seconds, cannot recall it ? Need some after sun.

Reid nicked it to Bowery who shot over/wide. Reid appeared to be tripped as be poked the ball.

Cheers missed that. Bowery should have scored, he needs a rest.

He needs moving on!

As do a lot of them... Though I imagine he will be here as backup
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:24 pm

Be daft to move on a player who has actually performed this season, up and above what was expected of him, can playing in multiple positions, and can hold up the ball.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Will i be the first to come on here and say after i had an issue early on in the season for a game where i had a black screen for about 20 mins, i contacted ifollow, they responded and we got it sorted. Since then the service has been great in my opinion, and also credit to Martin n Dean for the comms, after listening to a couple of the away comms for 5 mins I must say we have two of the best ones imo

Lets move on and have a more positive 21/22 season
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Be daft to move on a player who has actually performed this season, up and above what was expected of him, can playing in multiple positions, and can hold up the ball.

Give over man, if that's more than expected then God help us.

No fans from previous clubs had a good word about him and you can see why, in fact they laugh and sit back chilled thinking no danger today.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 pm

I thought we defended well as a unit today, lads ran their socks off. Rawson and Sweeney were very good today.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:33 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Be daft to move on a player who has actually performed this season, up and above what was expected of him, can playing in multiple positions, and can hold up the ball.

No fans from previous clubs had a good word about him and you can see why, in fact they laugh and sit back chilled thinking no danger today.

Can you or someone else who wants to move him on, explain the difference between him and Danny Rose? He has scored ten and has five assists in a god awful side. He holds the ball up well and has worked himself into the ground. I am not saying he is someone to build a team around but his control (at times) is better than most at this level and if he was paired up with Tyler Walker scoring 10 then we would say it was a highly effective pairing. For me his problem is that he is seen as the lead striker which he most definitely is not
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:40 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

Can you or someone else who wants to move him on, explain the difference between him and Danny Rose? He has scored ten and has five assists in a god awful side. He holds the ball up well and has worked himself into the ground. I am not saying he is someone to build a team around but his control (at times) is better than most at this level and if he was paired up with Tyler Walker scoring 10 then we would say it was a highly effective pairing. For me his problem is that he is seen as the lead striker which he most definitely is not

Agree. There are games this season where he has done very well for us. I think he's earned another season. Hopefully more successful than this season.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

You will not find a better back up striker in L2 than Bowery, and that’s what he will be next season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:43 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:

There is no difference, I'd have moved Rose on before we did too.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:00 pm

Bowery has turned out to be a good player, he works hard and covers more ground than most.

He is not an out and out striker, more a creator of chances for others who also pops a few in the net.

Left side of midfield may suit him?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:10 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

You will not find a better back up striker in L2 than Bowery, and that’s what he will be next season.

Agreed. P P just dislikes every player.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:25 pm

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

I agree Bowery has a lot of qualities. The problem is he is not an out and out striker. And there lays the problem with those who don't rate him. I hope we keep him, as he will be an asset next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Anyone else think there’s a chance we may see Stech starting today? Stone made a few errors which may see him dropped in the same way Gordon and Reid were?

So glad he stuck with Aiden, better keeper all round.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:42 pm

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

What an idiotic statement, there's not much to like is there, the table doesn't lie?

I'd keep cos I LIKE, Rawson, Clarke, Maris, Lapslie and Sinclair, the rest could go and not be missed.

One away win and the retained list suddenly has below average names on it again, short memories in abundance tonight.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

What an idiotic statement, there's not much to like is there, the table doesn't lie?

I'd keep cos I LIKE, Rawson, Clarke, Maris, Lapslie and Sinclair, the rest could go and not be missed.

One away win and the retained list suddenly has below average names on it again, short memories in abundance tonight.

And bearing in mind we will be signing 7-9 players, where is the rest of the squad going to come from?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:45 pm

Spiritater wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Anyone else think there’s a chance we may see Stech starting today? Stone made a few errors which may see him dropped in the same way Gordon and Reid were?

So glad he stuck with Aiden, better keeper all round.

I think they’re much of a muchness on current ability, but Stone made zero errors today so well done to him.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:48 pm

You will not find a better back up striker in L2 than Bowery, and that’s what he will be next season.[/quote]

Agreed. P P just dislikes every player.[/quote]

One away win and the retained list suddenly has below average names on it again, short memories in abundance tonight.[/quote]

And bearing in mind we will be signing 7-9 players, where is the rest of the squad going to come from?[/quote]

Did I say Clough would just keep those 5? :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:

There is no difference, I'd have moved Rose on before we did too.

For me, I think that Bowery has more strings to his bow than Rose does and, dependent on contract costs, would be a useful squad player. Even if he came on for the last twenty minutes and pitched in with 8 to 10 goals a season then we would be over the moon.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:51 pm

So you’d be signing at least 13 new players again :lol:

Some of the players you deem as not good enough are completely fine as back up and rotational players, and I suspect will be kept as such.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:So you’d be signing at least 13 new players again :lol:

Some of the players you deem as not good enough are completely fine as back up and rotational players, and I suspect will be kept as such.

Evo does it and more, seems to mould them well enough??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum