{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

midweek games, April 13th

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: midweek games, April 13th

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:23 am

Here are Nigel clough's thought on last night . . .

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/r ... om-3200361
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:04 pm

xG for Morecambe v Scunthorpe was 1.8 v 1.8
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:54 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:xG for Morecambe v Scunthorpe was 1.8 v 1.8

:lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:xG for Morecambe v Scunthorpe was 1.8 v 1.8

Close game :D :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Newport County 0 Carlisle United 0
Possession: 51:49% xG: 0.6 v 1.4

Not a very exciting game to watch. Very few chances. Carlisle were the better side with Omari Patrick causing the most problems running at the Newport defence. He had a good chance to score in the 2nd half. Callum Guy was very good again and Rod McDonald should have scored from his free kick in the first half.

Newport's main threat was from Micky Demetriou's long throws. Aaron Lewis hit the bar with a shot from distance and Ryan Taylor shot over the bar near the end. Nicky Maynard had one shot blocked and was subbed after 72 minutes.

Interesting comments by Carlisle manager, Chris Beech, about Newport players screaming at the ref for decisions and play acting. We know all about Joss Labadie's antics.

“There was a lot of screaming going on. It’s something in the modern game which I’m not happy about. They’ve got some people and players that have been round the track and played higher and been promoted, so they know how to wear the referees down. It’s almost like they have no conscience and keep doing it. So unless it’s booked, it carries on. There’s no real constraint to say ‘stop it’ unless he’s booked for it.

“But I was pleased with the ref tonight; [he was] very good in terms of not always giving the screaming, shouting, diving things that are going on. It’s not nice to hear but they do it. Their skipper [Joss Labadie]’s gone down more on the floor in the first 10 minutes – and he’s a great player – whether he wins it or doesn’t win it, constantly screaming for [things]. I’ll be honest, I think the ref’s pretty aware of it and hopefully they’ll clamp down on it stronger and make the game fairer. I don’t want to teach our players to play that way, I really don’t.”

Lewis Alessandra received a yellow card as Newport's Josh Sheehan rolled on the floor after a foul. Joss Labadie later went down holding his face after an aerial contest with Alessandra but referee Lee Swabey did not take any action.

Beech said he had been “frustrated” to see United’s Jack Armer do something similar “two or three times” in Saturday’s draw at Barrow. He added: “Jack did it a little bit after he scored. He’d never done it before, and he got Barrow’s bench a little bit annoyed. I don’t like it. I don’t want our players having sore throats, I want them to have sore feet from running hard.”

Carlisle MOM: Omari Patrick and Callum Guy
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:53 pm

Morais and Payne told they will not play for Grimsby again
The One
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum