{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Today’s games (Sat 10th April)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Today’s games (Sat 10th April)

Postby chip63 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:13 pm

Was this on or off the pitch? surely a word to the manager would suffice.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Amber Andy wrote:What is happening to Lincoln. In danger of slipping out of a play off position. It seems to be Flitcroftesque :o

Same with forest green, think they've lost 4 out of last 5 and losing today.
I'm not going to mention Bolton until full time, hopefully.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Burton beating Portsmouth away 2-0, Hemmings on the bench.
Hats off to Jimmy, done really well with them.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Southend should be 2 up , hit the post and missed a sitter .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Anyone know what's up at Port Vale? Has the match not resumed in the 2nd half?
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:46 pm

Stag on the Beach wrote:Anyone know what's up at Port Vale? Has the match not resumed in the 2nd half?

Snow :D
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:54 pm

FT Southend 0-0 Crawley

Very entertaining. Both sides could have won it.

Southend remain 9 points (plus inferior GD) behind Mansfield with just 5 games left.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:FT Southend 0-0 Crawley

Very entertaining. Both sides could have won it.

Keeps them 9pts behind (10 with the GD) and only 5 to play
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:01 pm

chip63 wrote:Burton beating Portsmouth away 2-0, Hemmings on the bench.

Just shows what an appalling job Buxton did.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:32 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Or a great job JFH is doing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Or what a good Jan window can do ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:41 pm

Stag on the Beach wrote:Anyone know what's up at Port Vale? Has the match not resumed in the 2nd half?

Port Vale are on a very good run aren't they Dan ;) :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:12 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Or what a good Jan window can do ;)
Yes JFH kept hold of the two players NC wanted. Great decision.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:22 pm

Bradford City 1 Grimsby Town 0
Possession: 48: 52%

Grimsby played well but were given a massive uphill task when Stefan Payne was sent off at half time for headbutting his own team mate, Filipe Morais.
Grimsby's ten men did really well in the 2nd half and had a couple of chances which fell to Harry Clifton and Luke Spokes but they could not take advantage of them.

Rollin Menayese played well as the left sided centre half and mainly won his battles against Andy Cook. Sam Habergham made a great defensive header to stop Andy Cook scoring from a Conor Wood cross and he had another header from a corner in the 2nd half that went straight to James McKeown.

Bradford City scored their winner in the 42nd minute from the second phase of a Gareth Evans corner on the left. The corner was cleared by Grimsby but Elliott Watt played it back to Evans whose cross from the left flicked off the head of Jay Matete straight to Anthony O'Connor at the far post who finished well for a centre half. It looked like it was Stefan Payne who should have been marking Anthony O'Connor so a terrible day for him.

Col U's terrible run of form and Southend's failure to beat Crawley still gives Grimsby a slim hope of survival but they have Bolton, Morecambe and Port Vale to play at home; and Oldham, Morecambe and Cambridge away.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:33 pm

Paul Hurst Post Match Interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09d9dh7
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Phil Brown: "The previous incumbent had a style of play that was completely foreign to me. I’ve admired the qualities of the players but that gritty determination and resolve that’s required to win games at this level is totally different. I’ve got to get that across to them."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Phil Brown: "The previous incumbent had a style of play that was completely foreign to me. I’ve admired the qualities of the players but that gritty determination and resolve that’s required to win games at this level is totally different. I’ve got to get that across to them."

I listened to the Phil Brown interview. He was talking about the lack of quality in the game. He can't have watched previous Southend games because there was a lot more quality in this game, from Southend in particular, than previous Southend games. I thought it was a really good game. He's been watching too much Premier League methinks.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:48 pm

Don’t like Phil Brown. Heard a lot of stories about him on various podcasts. He’s the lower league Brendan Rogers, if he was chocolate he’d eat himself.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:51 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Phil Brown: "The previous incumbent had a style of play that was completely foreign to me. I’ve admired the qualities of the players but that gritty determination and resolve that’s required to win games at this level is totally different. I’ve got to get that across to them."

I listened to the Phil Brown interview. He was talking about the lack of quality in the game. He can't have watched previous Southend games because there was a lot more quality in this game, from Southend in particular, than previous Southend games. I thought it was a really good game. He's been watching too much Premier League methinks.

How did my man Emile do as a 68th minute sub? I need to get him a move to another League 2 club. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

How did my man Emile do as a 68th minute sub? I need to get him a move to another League 2 club. :lol:

completely anonymous. I smiled when he came on. Halford meanwhile was absymal. Southend's defence and midfield isn't bad, but their forward line is unbelievably bad.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:14 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

completely anonymous. I smiled when he came on. Halford meanwhile was absymal. Southend's defence and midfield isn't bad, but their forward line is unbelievably bad.

He said Southend, not us :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

He said Southend, not us :lol:

there is no comparison between the forward lines of Southend and Mansfield. Halford and Acquah are as bad as I've ever seen in League Two. We have scored twice as many goals as Southend this season (46 vs 24).
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:47 pm

He said Southend, not us :lol:[/quote]
there is no comparison between the forward lines of Southend and Mansfield. Halford and Acquah are as bad as I've ever seen in League Two. We have scored twice as many goals as Southend this season (46 vs 24).[/quote][/quote][/quote]

So is Reid
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:25 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:So is Reid

you need to watch Halford and Acquah before you make that comparison. I have, several times, and trust me they are much worse.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:22 pm

My choice with a free Sat, had to go Southend with their result affecting our points gap and a draw was good enough for us to keep our 9 point gap, with 5 to go
The new manager buzz did not work today, they did look good in patches and with this result and Colchester it was a good weekend
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum