{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

season ticket holders to receive new "third shirt"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: season ticket holders to receive new "third shirt"

Postby Torrystag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Sorry dan not spoiling for a fight ,just posted my views as you have certainly done in the past , i never criticise people for their views so dont expect it for mine but hey ho its stagsnet
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:15 pm

Good looking shirt, especially if your name is John Smith :roll:
To make it easier for the shop staff you should include your ST membership number when ordering ( just in case there is more than one John Smith who is a ST holder)

I agree that the date should be for this season and not next.

Perhaps the club could do a limited run for those ‘also loyal fans’ who didn’t/don’t buy a ST. This could be a plain shirt (i.e. without the names and ST lettering). This could be done through pre-ordering to prevent any overstocking. If there isn’t enough interest to do a viable run then the club would just need to cancel/refund any orders.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Torrystag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:18 pm

Sorry that devalues the whole idea
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:41 pm

Dan wrote:Just block him then rather than spoiling for a fight. Fgs just look at the Lee Collins thread and think on. Life’s too short for this crap

Spot on Dan.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:42 pm

Torrystag wrote:Sorry that devalues the whole idea

No, it doesn’t. ST holders get a unique limited edition shirt free with 1536 other names on and the reason for the shirt under the club logo.
Those purchasing a shirt would get a different version which would generate some much needed income for the club. Those who bought a ST this season, knowing that they would probably not get full value for it, would not begrudge the club making more money especially at this time.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkstag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:47 pm

Dan wrote:Just block him then rather than spoiling for a fight. Fgs just look at the Lee Collins thread and think on. Life’s too short for this crap

Agree totally Dan.
I did post about the pressures on footballers at this level with contracts ending and Martin quite rightly discouraged speculation.
Some on here might like to reflect on the vitriol poured onto players on here - Reid and Bowery.
I’m afraid I’m entitled to my opinion doesn’t cut it.
By all means talk about performance but people are not useless or worse. They are people trying to make a living often away from home.
This news should make all of us think . RIP Lee
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:49 pm

Love the design and think it's a great idea and gesture by the Radfords.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Harrington St Stag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 pm

What’s not to like? Fabulous!
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

All paid for by John and Caroline, fantastic gesture.
Wear it with pride all, you deserve it.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 pm

Are they doing this for children’s season tickets as well?
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:24 pm

StagsFan83 wrote:Are they doing this for children’s season tickets as well?

Well they said it was for each one of the season ticket holders..... and to choose your size. So in that basis can’t imagine why it’d matter if you were a child or not
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:50 pm

Be good if those ST holders were involved in the team photo for next season, get them all sitting in the stand behind the team in the shirt, should be safe to do so by then
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:58 am

Makes me laugh a little as nobody has said,
"Wouldn't be seen dead in that, because it has the Surridge logo on it and the the material looks paper thin, etc, etc. :lol:

Me, should be exclusive to the STH's. Bought their ticket not knowing what the future held. I follow pay per game bods had the security of not having to pay anymore it the season ended early
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:10 am

Quality gesture from the club / Radfords and the shirt looks great. Its something they didn't have to do but shows they care and value the fact so many stumped up during such a difficult and uncertain time.

For me this beats any potential discount next year. Its never been about the money and to actually have them thank us like this is a very classy and generous move.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:32 am

Jamie wrote:Quality gesture from the club / Radfords and the shirt looks great. Its something they didn't have to do but shows they care and value the fact so many stumped up during such a difficult and uncertain time.

For me this beats any potential discount next year. Its never been about the money and to actually have them thank us like this is a very classy and generous move.

Should also receive a little more publicity from the media outlets. I don’t personally qualify this time but still think it’s a fantastic gesture from the Radfords
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:44 am

I’m really looking forward to getting my shirt. It looks smart and is a nice gesture.

It isn’t clear whether or not it is for free or in lieu of any sort of refund or discount next year though?

If it is in lieu then comments about it being free for the season ticket holders are wide of the mark. In effect it will cost an adult season ticket holder £145 (£375 minus £230 for the iFollow games).

The cost to the club is probably about £20 per shirt, so really the club would profit quite nicely from it.

I don’t have a huge issue with losing out a bit financially, but it shouldn’t be advertised as a thank you gift, unless it really is a gift.

Personally, I still think the club should discount season tickets somehow.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:50 am

Fantastic gesture and great looking shirt!
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am

The way I see it is that this has got nothing to do with ‘the club’ and everything to do with the Radford’s. I think they are paying for the shirts out of their own pockets and they are giving them to ST holders as a thank you for helping the club when it needed it the most. I can’t see there being any underlying issues at all. I think this is what it says on the tin, a free thank you gift from the best owners in the game.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Dan wrote:The way I see it is that this has got nothing to do with ‘the club’ and everything to do with the Radford’s. I think they are paying for the shirts out of their own pockets and they are giving them to ST holders as a thank you for helping the club when it needed it the most. I can’t see there being any underlying issues at all. I think this is what it says on the tin, a free thank you gift from the best owners in the game.

i agree 100%

thank you John Radford
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:32 pm

Torrystag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:A nice touch and our season ticket holders should wear them with pride for they have deserved the gratitude shown by the club, they are the backbone that the rest of us admire,
Most of us cannot get to every home game, but we know how special these fans are, i know i took pride when i had one .

Pass me the sick bucket

Its a shame someone expressing the value of season tickets holders, makes you sick, it just shows your mental attitude is not supportive but confrontational, and perhaps gunning for a
argument , in spite of Martins request not to, poor old broomo all that football knowledge wasted on internet trolls.
Please never admit to following Mansfield Town it downgrades the place, ,and clearly while broomo respects this forum you dont
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:10 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:A nice touch and our season ticket holders should wear them with pride for they have deserved the gratitude shown by the club, they are the backbone that the rest of us admire,
Most of us cannot get to every home game, but we know how special these fans are, i know i took pride when i had one .

Pass me the sick bucket

Its a shame someone expressing the value of season tickets holders, makes you sick, it just shows your mental attitude is not supportive but confrontational, and perhaps gunning for a
argument , in spite of Martins request not to, poor old broomo all that football knowledge wasted on internet trolls.
Please never admit to following Mansfield Town it downgrades the place, ,and clearly while broomo respects this forum you dont

Oh please, give it a rest will you? Your patronisingly sanctimonious baloney is making me feel ill as well.
Who the hell are you anyway?? Give us all a break from your moralising lectures, they're condescending and boring.
Last edited by sw19stag on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ElwoodBlues » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:42 pm

Quite Frankly That reply is pathetic.

Keeping on topic

Big thanks to John and Carolyn for the classy gesture and all that you do for MTFC
And if young Nigel says he's happy
He must be happy
He must be happy
He must be happy in his world
ElwoodBlues
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Torrystag » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:14 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:

Pass me the sick bucket

Thanks for your reply ,though your views do not carry any weight as far as i am concerned ,it was the almost uria heep like post that made me feel like vomiting ,its a debate that has been done to death a few times on here
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:43 pm

sw19stag wrote:
bear 73 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:

Pass me the sick bucket

Oh please, give it a rest will you? Your patronisingly sanctimonious baloney is making me feel ill as well.
Who the hell are you anyway?? Give us all a break from your moralising lectures, they're condescending, boring, and quite frankly nauseating.[/quote
Wow what a mouthful, please get better soon, who am i, a guy who follows football and like many more will watch Mansfield try to progress up the football ladder.
Lectures to many are opinions to others, , while boring , they have certainly woke you up,
And if reading a forum is nauseating, then you must stop eating, this will settle your stomach.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for taking my comments on board.
Just trying to be helpful!
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum