{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:18 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby The One » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Ref was rubbish
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm

It was Archie Collins who beat George Lapslie and crossed to Jack Sparkes at the back post when Aidan Stone made the save.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:33 pm

thanks Darren, amended.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:31 pm

Good report, thanks.

I'm relieved that the players are obeying the "no back pass" rule. Suddenly we don't risk handing opportunities to the opposition. It's not rocket science, but perhaps some players think that they have more ability than they actually possess. I believe that even this squad could do well, if only they'd accept that most of the team are playing at their top level, and give up trying to do things that only come off on rare occasions. Just play it simple.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:35 pm

Bradders wrote:Good report, thanks.

I'm relieved that the players are obeying the "no back pass" rule. Suddenly we don't risk handing opportunities to the opposition. It's not rocket science, but perhaps some players think that they have more ability than they actually possess. I believe that even this squad could do well, if only they'd accept that most of the team are playing at their top level, and give up trying to do things that only come off on rare occasions. Just play it simple.

I think it's a case taking responsibility and not 'passing the buck' with a backpass to Stone
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:04 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:33 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Bradders wrote:Good report, thanks.

I think it's a case taking responsibility and not 'passing the buck' with a backpass to Stone

There's certainly an element of that, but I get frustrated with them trying various things that work in the top leagues but almost never at this level.

Quick free kicks in the opposition half, speculative shots from distance, direct free kicks, short corners, there's a list of techniques that we see every match that work about once a season but mess up a potential attacking position the rest of the time. Backpasses should be avoided even though they generally work, because when they don't it's disastrous and most of our players are well known for being unable to execute a well-hit pass consistently.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum