{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Knowles or Reid ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Knowles or Reid ?

Postby Rigsby » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:14 pm

Knowles did start according to the Beeb.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:16 pm

He did start :lol:

Fake news from One F
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:18 pm

:shock: What does the lad have to do to please some.
He took is chance at going to clownty to get game time because is chance here would be limited.

He as made is way in to the clownty side whether coming on as sub or starting .

Today shows he is growing as a player and starting to take is chance when he can.

I applaud you Jimmy Knowles and whether your future is at MTFC or elsewhere you are doing yourself proud.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:20 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:He did start :lol:

Fake news from One F

There you go then , he’s further up the ladder than I thought ;)
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:22 pm

I'd pick anyone but Reid. Simply looks totally out of place and aside from the fact he doesn't score which he was signed to do, he can't trap the ball. ..hold it up...win headers...get away from his marker consistently. ...stand up for the most part. Sorry ...just my opinion ... Jimmy is not that bad whatever he has yet to do or achieve.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:24 pm

Jimmy Knowles will be one of the three young lads in the Stags squad along with Tyrese Sinclair and one other.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:39 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Jimmy Knowles will be one of the three young lads in the Stags squad along with Tyrese Sinclair and one other.

Jason Law?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:30 pm

Jason Law is 22 at the end of this month so does not really count as a young lad but Nigel Clough makes the rules up! :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:39 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Jason Law is 22 at the end of this month so does not really count as a young lad but Nigel Clough makes the rules up! :lol:

I’m pretty sure he’s referred to Jason Law as ‘young Jason’ in pretty much every interview. You can add ‘little Ty’ to the nicknames list after today
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:52 pm

The comments regarding Knowles are unbelievable. Give the young kid a chance before saying he’s no good for league 2. Lots of players who look average for us seem to do ok elsewhere. Oh and to answer the question, Knowles every day of the week. It’s not that easy to get a hatrick in division 5 at the age of 19.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:16 pm

Knowles played the entire game according to BBC.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:28 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:The comments regarding Knowles are unbelievable. Give the young kid a chance before saying he’s no good for league 2. Lots of players who look average for us seem to do ok elsewhere. Oh and to answer the question, Knowles every day of the week. It’s not that easy to get a hatrick in division 5 at the age of 19.

I agree. We should all be delighted for him. It’s a great personal achievement and is another step towards our first team in the next season or two.

Players are routinely written of now at 19/20
Years old and it’s madness. Any player aged under 24 is a young player who is likely to be developing. Most players hit their prime between 26-30, which shows how much time Jimmy Goals has got to become the finished article
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:34 pm

According to fotmob Knowles did start.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:10 am

marksay wrote:So Friday Cooke scored again and guess what Maynard scored today. If either were still here for Clough we would have battered Exeter today

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... tchid=1051

We played Exeter at the end of September, Cook played the full 90 mins, and Maynard played 22 mins.

We lost 2-1.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:55 am

Here we go again blowing in the wind, any player with class will not be here very long they would be snapped up by a higher league club, and the player naturally wants to play at the highest
level, to Judge knowles against Reid is pointless, , Reid has moved from non-league to the football league and knowles is playing non -league for a reason.
why fans want to put pressure on a young lad is unbelievable, he is in the best place at this stage in his career, Reid has moved into a strange area away from family and friends while a pandemic as caused lock down and life has been any thing but normal, he must have had a terrible time during his time here, with the club in turmoil and changing managers.
Clough sees something in him, me i feel like many on here disappointed in him, but i trust clough with postponed games and poor pitches and a squad misfiring its been a difficult year.
On a strange note Leicester bought Vardy from non league for 1 million pounds, and he went missing for quite a while, and then hit the ground running, Clough will judge Reid and Knowles will be in capable hands many young talents are lost to the game a lot of distractions at a early age, Knowles is in a good place Mansfield Town.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:04 pm

I've just watched Jamie Reid's highlights reel again from 2019-2020 in the National League. Pretty impressive finishing and assists.

A bloke on BBC Radio Devon yesterday said Jamie Reid scored most of his goals for Torquay from playing on the right. I don't know if that is true or not. He seems to be playing as the main forward in these clips.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum