{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning run .

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning run .

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:19 pm

:) Well the masters time as come to a end .

A result is needed to get the points and keep the pressure off in last remaining games.

Exeter 1 Super Stags 2 Bowery and Quinn :)
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:00 pm

AIDS
Next PYHBO! Issue due first game back.

twitter.com/SatiricalStag
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby marksay » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:37 am

The reality will be if the two howlers that cost us the game yesterday play.
If not NC must pull something out the bag .
marksay
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Spiritater » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:11 am

Move along, move along, there's nothing for us here. T'will be another toothless attacking display and then to compound it we'll gift them goals when overall they've been no better than us.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22490
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:02 am

Spiritater wrote:Move along, move along, there's nothing for us here. T'will be another toothless attacking display and then to compound it we'll gift them goals when overall they've been no better than us.


Sadly I am agreeing.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:57 am

Just hoping that we pick up points when we play teams who are already safe with nothing to play for.

I'd snap your hand off for a draw.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5482
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Hopefully a few have had a rocket fired up their backsides ,drop reid ,let sinclair have a go ,gordon needs a rest bring in okeefe ,,even let jason law start up front ,he cant be as ineffectual as both of our current strikers ,hoping for maybe a point expecting nowt
Torrystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby garlic » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:28 pm

Given the totally unpredictable nature of the current team and the woeful performance on Friday there is only pone likely outcome on Monday, a Mansfield win. That is the only logic that applies to this team.
garlic
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 744
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:15 pm

Stags win, stagsnet tumbleweeds, safety all but sorted.

Grimsby and Southend need to win 3/4 games and for us to lose every game to have a chance..
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4403
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:26 am

Away win written all over this, 2-0 Bowery & Reid.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:25 am

i’ve absolutely no faith in this lot !!!

please prove me wrong
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10863
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Walton Stag » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:11 am

I think Our Nigel has had enough of Gordon and will either bring Sweeney in (although I don’t think he is very fond of him at the minute) and move Perch to full back or give O’Keeffe or Clarke a go. If he does drop Gordon, I think he will go 4-5-1. I think he will also play Bowery up top.

So, hopefully we may see,

Stone

O’Keeffe/Clarke. Perch Rawson Benning.

Charlsley Clarke Maris Lapslie Quinn/McLaughlin.

Bowery.

I think this is harsh on Law but he doesn’t really fit in to a 4-5-1 system.

Fingers crossed for a victory.
Walton Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 am

2-0 to the Stags with Jamie Reid bagging a brace against his former team.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:35 am

I can’t see us getting anything hear with this shower, hopefully proven wrong.
Mansfield till I die
User avatar
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Warsop

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:37 am

Hope I don't regret this?

I think it is time to bring back Sweeney at the expense of moving Perch, MOM in recent weeks, to right back.

The other move I would make would be leaving Reid on the bench and maybe trying Charsley or even young Sinclair up front. Can't be any less effective?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:56 am

Would change it up a little, may as well try something. 451/433 however you want to dress it up.

................Stone...............

Perch Rawson Sweeney Benning

............ Maris or Quinn........

........Lapslie........Clarke.......

....Gordon............McLaughlin

.................Bowery..............

Can’t see him playing Gordon there, but think he needs taking out of the defence and his pace could be useful on the break. Think he would offer more of a threat than Charsley in that role.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:22 am

"...............Stone.............

Perch............Rawson...Wright.........Benning

.................Maris


...........Lapslie...............McLaughlan......

Clarke.........................Quinn

..............Bowery..........

He brought Wright into the club for a reason and he’s had a bit of time to settle in and I can see him starting ahead of Sweeney who not only has been out of form but has also picked up a lot of bookings. We simply can’t risk him getting sent off again.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4195
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:25 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:"...............Stone.............

Perch............Rawson...Wright.........Benning

.................Maris


...........Lapslie...............McLaughlan......

Clarke.........................Quinn

..............Bowery..........

He brought Wright into the club for a reason and he’s had a bit of time to settle in and I can see him starting ahead of Sweeney who not only has been out of form but has also picked up a lot of bookings. We simply can’t risk him getting sent off again.


Wright :lol: he makes Moore and Lever look like Usain Bolt.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:31 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:"...............Stone.............

Perch............Rawson...Wright.........Benning

.................Maris


...........Lapslie...............McLaughlan......

Clarke.........................Quinn

..............Bowery..........

He brought Wright into the club for a reason and he’s had a bit of time to settle in and I can see him starting ahead of Sweeney who not only has been out of form but has also picked up a lot of bookings. We simply can’t risk him getting sent off again.


Wright :lol: he makes Moore and Lever look like Usain Bolt.



That may well be and I personally would keep Perch there and put O’Keefe at right back but I do think Nigel will go with the team I’ve predicted. If it works, fine but it gives the versatility to change it back if Wright is struggling. O’Keefe doesn’t seem to be in Nigel’s plans for some reason and I don’t think he will ever start him or Clarke so putting Wright there could be his only solution to enable him to drop Gordon.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4195
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:50 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:"...............Stone.............

Perch............Rawson...Wright.........Benning

.................Maris


...........Lapslie...............McLaughlan......

Clarke.........................Quinn

..............Bowery..........

He brought Wright into the club for a reason and he’s had a bit of time to settle in and I can see him starting ahead of Sweeney who not only has been out of form but has also picked up a lot of bookings. We simply can’t risk him getting sent off again.


Wright :lol: he makes Moore and Lever look like Usain Bolt.



That may well be and I personally would keep Perch there and put O’Keefe at right back but I do think Nigel will go with the team I’ve predicted. If it works, fine but it gives the versatility to change it back if Wright is struggling. O’Keefe doesn’t seem to be in Nigel’s plans for some reason and I don’t think he will ever start him or Clarke so putting Wright there could be his only solution to enable him to drop Gordon.


You really think he'll drop Rubber Reid, don't think so. Nor will he play Wright
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Come on lads you know the score by now.... Stubborn old nige will stick with the same old, same old,

2-0 Exeter... but another game closer to august
Gazmoose82
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:04 pm

We’ll be unchanged.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby bear 73 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Exeter have lost their the last 5 games, and we have lost 1 of our last 5, while we are away they are a smaller club than us just , Clough is not a happy man and any one who wants a future here, better put a shift in, i fully expect a draw, and Reid in the team it is a big test of his character, and chances for our defenders to do their jobs, are running out
bear 73
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:19 pm

Dan wrote:We’ll be unchanged.


A consistent team did lead us to our best run this season... Just wish Reid would do something and Id like to see O'keefe
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4403
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Grecians scorefred sponsored by get back on a winning ru

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:37 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Would change it up a little, may as well try something. 451/433 however you want to dress it up.

................Stone...............

Perch Rawson Sweeney Benning

............ Maris or Quinn........

........Lapslie........Clarke.......

....Gordon............McLaughlin

.................Bowery..............

Can’t see him playing Gordon there, but think he needs taking out of the defence and his pace could be useful on the break. Think he would offer more of a threat than Charsley in that role.


What and have everyone in their proper positions? You having a laff right?

Seriously though that's our strongest XI avaliable I feel. Although I would be tempted to put Bowery on the left (he did very well there in our good run) but then it's Reid in the centre and I feel he needs a game or 2 off to "reset". It's all up to Cloughie though.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: awalkinthepark, bear 73, I am Spartacus, La Manga Stag, mans_field, Parkinsons Perm, steve-o, wayno cordiniho and 28 guests