{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Flooding the midfield won't stop us gifting other teams goals like it's Christmas
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Winning.Thas a swear word for this team. Even if we stay up,which despite most of the rose tinted brigade on here, is stiil not certain,who would you want to take forward from that side, other than the obvious one.
There isn't more than two I can see, that I'd want going forward, and they were here before Clough came
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:17 pm

Our biggest problem is that we have very little gol threat. Teams have no reason to fear us and that just enables them to come forward.

Reid is the worst striker i have ever seen play regular football for us in the league. He offers nothing. I have said it all season, he is not league standard.

Bowery isn’t a real goal threat, but he does at least hold the ball up and allow us to into their half.

Gordon needs dropping. Defensively he has been a calamity for most of the season. For the last month or so he has been poor going forward too. Every time he gets into a crossing position he allows the defender to block him or he kicks it out of play.

I agree with with some of the criticism of Clough. He has left us short if top and he isn’t proactive enough when making changes. Reid should have been hauled off long before he gave the second goal away, but for some reason he was put out on the right wing?

I am absolutely flabbergasted that there are fans on here who think we don’t miss Cook. He should have been playing in front of Reid and now he’s banging them in elsewhere.

I still think we are safe, but it’s got a feel of the Adam Murray survival about it
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:18 pm

What I hate is that there doesn’t seem to be any character, No one cares enough to have a go at a team mate. It’s like they are just bothered about getting paid.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm

The One wrote:My fredding done.

Stopped watching after the Reid gift. He wants putting on train to Torquay. Never been a league footballer, in fact not good enough for non league.

Subs made too late. We made them look good. Stones kicking is a nightmare .

Although i agree that reid doesnt seem upto lg2 standard... Feel that many are laying the blame solely at his feet when in reality there are 6/7 players out there who are either not good enough or seem to be in cruise mode knowing that its unlikely theyll be here next season.

The whole culture & team at MTFC needs re-building from the foundations upwards... How many of us have the patience for this? Especially the young fans who we need to attract
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Torrystag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm

That was dire ,we never even forced a save from their keeper ,cloughie or both clough and sharpe are playing a dangerous game here ,,think we will be ok but we need a big overhaul this summer bowery and Reid are about as dangerous as cotton wool
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gavinbrookes » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:20 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Winning.Thas a swear word for this team. Even if we stay up,which despite most of the rose tinted brigade on here, is stiil not certain,who would you want to take forward from that side, other than the obvious one.
There isn't more than two I can see, that I'd want going forward, and they were here before Clough came

Keep Clarke and Lapslie.

Get rid of both GKs, Bowery, Reid and Quinn.

The rest I'm not bothered whether they stay or go.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:

Stopped watching after the Reid gift. He wants putting on train to Torquay. Never been a league footballer, in fact not good enough for non league.

Although i agree that reid doesnt seem upto lg2 standard... Feel that many are laying the blame solely at his feet when in reality there are 6/7 players out there who are either not good enough or seem to be in cruise mode knowing that its unlikely theyll be here next season.

The whole culture & team at MTFC needs re-building from the foundations upwards... How many of us have the patience for this? Especially the young fans who we need to attract

Without specifically speculating on the reasons behind Collins passing, I really hope Reid doesn’t read this board. The bile and vitriol is shameful.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Our biggest problem is that we have very little gol threat. Teams have no reason to fear us and that just enables them to come forward.

Reid is the worst striker i have ever seen play regular football for us in the league. He offers nothing. I have said it all season, he is not league standard.

Bowery isn’t a real goal threat, but he does at least hold the ball up and allow us to into their half.

Gordon needs dropping. Defensively he has been a calamity for most of the season. For the last month or so he has been poor going forward too. Every time he gets into a crossing position he allows the defender to block him or he kicks it out of play.

I agree with with some of the criticism of Clough. He has left us short if top and he isn’t proactive enough when making changes. Reid should have been hauled off long before he gave the second goal away, but for some reason he was put out on the right wing?

I am absolutely flabbergasted that there are fans on here who think we don’t miss Cook. He should have been playing in front of Reid and now he’s banging them in elsewhere.

I still think we are safe, but it’s got a feel of the Adam Murray survival about it

I agree with everything you have put.
Letting Cook go was a massive mistake. He's better than both Reid and Bowrey. If it was down to us saving money then hope we don't go down because that will be more costly.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 pm

What bile and vitriol?

It’s fair criticism of his ability and performance
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Without specifically speculating on the reasons behind Collins passing, I really hope Reid doesn’t read this board. The bile and vitriol is shameful.

Hahaha mate tbf you're the most toxic person on here.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 pm

So bad Martin and Dean left early
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 pm

A thoroughly depressing display today against a well organised team who we’re always in control of the game.

Too many players out of position or coming back from injury to make an impact.

A couple of positives (just) in that Quinn, Perch and Rawson had decent games with Maris not too far behind. Apart from the gifts, Orient didn’t create an awful lot of chances although that could have been different had they needed too.

Gordon once again proved beyond reasonable doubt that he can’t defend and made very little of his forages going forwards. Yes he got into semi decent positions but made nothing of them. Law had his worst game for some time and Lapslie was obviously understandably still off the pace.

Reid and Bowery were totally ineffective again and Sinclair also didn’t do a lot during his short time on the pitch. Sweeney marked his return with yet another booking and didn’t look any better.

Time to give O’Keefe a chance at right back and put Law up front with Bowery and Lapslie playing just behind. Clarke to come back into midfield.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Said it all along Cook=Good,Maynard=Useless.Cook started season off fine, then dropped for little reason and be replaced by what.Massive mistake by Clough and if we go down I know where the blame lies.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:36 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Saying 'he's Non league for a reason' is just the simple truth whiffy not bile or vitriol.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:39 pm

Once Orient had been gifted an early goal they just had to play an organised defensive game which they did well. They played with 8 men behind the ball and gave us very little space to work with and we didn’t have the creativity to break them down despite having almost two thirds of the possession. When they did venture out they had space because of the way we were pressing but rarely looked like scoring. They don’t concede many but equally don’t score many.
We weren’t good enough especially with Reid as the central striker. There were a couple of occasions in the first half where we almost got through their back line but the final ball wasn’t good enough. Rawson, Perch and Bowery aren’t threatening enough from corners and we persisted in putting the ball close to their keeper without anyone marking him.
Overall we lacked ideas and kept repeating similar moves. We did look a bit more threatening later on after the substitutions but then gave away any chance of salvaging a point ( or a win!)
On to Monday where I think there will be 3 or 4 changes. A point at Exeter would be a good result but we need to cut out our defensive mistakes.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Waggy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:41 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:
bigalstag1 wrote:Winning.Thas a swear word for this team. Even if we stay up,which despite most of the rose tinted brigade on here, is stiil not certain,who would you want to take forward from that side, other than the obvious one.

Keep Clarke and Lapslie.

Get rid of both GKs, Bowery, Reid and Quinn.

The rest I'm not bothered whether they stay or go.

Perch as well as a utility defender
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:41 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

We aren’t mates. To be even fairer, the across the board comments on Reid go beyond fair criticism.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Saying 'he's Non league for a reason' is just the simple truth whiffy not bile or vitriol.

That’s true. I’m on about the other stuff.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:45 pm

halifaxstag wrote:Once Orient had been gifted an early goal they just had to play an organised defensive game which they did well. They played with 8 men behind the ball and gave us very little space to work with and we didn’t have the creativity to break them down despite having almost two thirds of the possession. When they did venture out they had space because of the way we were pressing but rarely looked like scoring. They don’t concede many but equally don’t score many.
We weren’t good enough especially with Reid as the central striker. There were a couple of occasions in the first half where we almost got through their back line but the final ball wasn’t good enough. Rawson, Perch and Bowery aren’t threatening enough from corners and we persisted in putting the ball close to their keeper without anyone marking him.
Overall we lacked ideas and kept repeating similar moves. We did look a bit more threatening later on after the substitutions but then gave away any chance of salvaging a point ( or a win!)
On to Monday where I think there will be 3 or 4 changes. A point at Exeter would be a good result but we need to cut out our defensive mistakes.

I think a point at Exeter would be up there with Christ rising from the dead on Easter Monday.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Oldamber55 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:53 pm

The reality to all this is simple... we’ve got owners who have put a vast amount of cash and backing & thankfully so
But we’re as it got us nowhere,still in league two..still hovering around mid table with poor recruitment.we need to take a good look at where we want to go and at this moment in time it’s only one way... and it’s not league one. I like many on here feel frustrated & disappointed...
Oldamber55
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Those five wins on the bounce may just save our bacon (or other pig related product)

Now you have done it, Vegans and vegetarians will be boycotting Stagsnet.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

We aren’t mates. To be even fairer, the across the board comments on Reid go beyond fair criticism.

Please don't say it's so! :cry:

Certain people on here - foremost yourself - create a hostile atmosphere and that legitimates the 'vitriol and bile'.

Have a wonderful weekend.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:02 pm

The One wrote:So bad Martin and Dean left early

At about two minutes into the second half, Martin said one of our players had ‘shanked’ a pass out to the left, that summed up the afternoon for me.

When all you could hear, just before the end, was Martin sighing I really felt for him.
Last edited by I am Spartacus on Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:03 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:Please don't say it's so! :cry:

Certain people on here - foremost yourself - create a hostile atmosphere and that legitimates the 'vitriol and bile'.

Have a wonderful weekend.

I’ll have a pop at people on an individual basis. This places has a pack mentality as I’ve stated before. Every year one player gets singled out and pilloried. If you can’t see that then you’re blind.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum