{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's scorefred sponsored by 6 needed

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Herts Stag wrote:I was as upset as most after yesterday's dismal performance. But on reflection, the fact is the squad is down to bare bones. He hasn't got the players to rotate and that has been hampered by injuries and fatigue to key players. Ollie Clarke was really showing what a good player he could be but like Bowery and Reid, he is running on empty. Prior to this week, we have been playing 3 games per week for the previous 7 weeks and that is bound to take its toll. With Carlisle now 2 up at Southend, I'm pretty sure we are safe. We just have to grin and bare it for the rest of the season and look forward to a good transfer window in the summer. Nigel is a good manager and will prove it again here at Mansfield. You could see in yesterday's interview he was as frustrated as we are. With the current squad, he cannot make wholesale changes but at least he hasn't resorted to publicly crucifying individuals. He's left that to us.

If we stay up great ,
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Herts Stag wrote:I was as upset as most after yesterday's dismal performance. But on reflection, the fact is the squad is down to bare bones. He hasn't got the players to rotate and that has been hampered by injuries and fatigue to key players. Ollie Clarke was really showing what a good player he could be but like Bowery and Reid, he is running on empty. Prior to this week, we have been playing 3 games per week for the previous 7 weeks and that is bound to take its toll. With Carlisle now 2 up at Southend, I'm pretty sure we are safe. We just have to grin and bare it for the rest of the season and look forward to a good transfer window in the summer. Nigel is a good manager and will prove it again here at Mansfield. You could see in yesterday's interview he was as frustrated as we are. With the current squad, he cannot make wholesale changes but at least he hasn't resorted to publicly crucifying individuals. He's left that to us.

If we stay up great ,

With basically 10 points clear with 21 to play for i’m sure we will.

Which given we were in or around the relegation zone when he took over is amazing really.

While also letting the 2 forwards go for wages for next season.

not bad is it!?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:10 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Chacawab wrote:I know it’s been covered already on this and other threads but just seen Cooky featuring for Bradford on Quest (“on loan from Mansfield” they said :oops:). He’s now their top scorer in the league. Couple of great finishes and almost scored a worldy too. Proper goal scorers are value for money, it’s those that don’t score that aren’t

Cook is capable of scoring out of nothing... how we could do with that now.

If we stay up people will say the decision to let him go is vindicated, no harm done, look at all the money we’ve saved and that is fine, I get it, but we aren’t half trying to make hard work of it. In the 15 games since we ripped apart our options up top, we’ve won 2 games, and our strikers have only scored in 3 of those 15 games. People point to injury to Sarkic as the reason we are light, but even if he was fit he simply isn’t an out and out centre forward and never has been. We must be the only club in England that can’t change the striker when they need a goal :lol:

Let’s hope the gamble all pays off, Southend don’t win today, and we can go on to have a relatively comfortable end to the season and we can enjoy splashing all that saved money on a new striker in the summer! I don’t think that we got January right, but I have faith that given a full summer Clough will build a tidy squad for next season.

Another two wins would be enough.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:25 pm

adamstag wrote:
Torrystag wrote:

If we stay up great ,

With basically 10 points clear with 21 to play for i’m sure we will.

Which given we were in or around the relegation zone when he took over is amazing really.

While also letting the 2 forwards go for wages for next season.

not bad is it!?

We still are around the relegation zone ,great if it all goes to plan ,which im confident of but if it dont its chaos of the highest order
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby victor A block » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:49 pm

Clarke should definitely be here next season .
But running on empty ? He's a professional footballer who has played 30 minutes in the last 3 weeks .
If he is injured then say so .
If not then get out there and captain the team . God knows we need it !
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum