{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby magicstag » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:40 pm

Some of the posts on this thread are a load of tripe and disrespectful to the club and any stags fan .
As for stealing live streams from the club, hang your head in shame.
Then they spout about season ticket prices lol.
This club needs supporters who 100% back the club
Not steal from it.
I know that it will get the usual weak minded response ie just my opinion
As thats their only way out :roll:
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Retro rob » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:57 pm

I bought a season ticket last year knowing I probably wouldn't see any games but in a bid to try and keep the club going till we can return. If that makes me crazy then I am. But at least I'll have done my bit instead of all these people dragging it down. In John we trust.
Retro rob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:04 pm

Retro rob wrote:I bought a season ticket last year knowing I probably wouldn't see any games but in a bid to try and keep the club going till we can return. If that makes me crazy then I am. But at least I'll have done my bit instead of all these people dragging it down. In John we trust.

Here here, well said, did same and for same reasons myself.
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:14 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:
Retro rob wrote:I bought a season ticket last year knowing I probably wouldn't see any games but in a bid to try and keep the club going till we can return. If that makes me crazy then I am. But at least I'll have done my bit instead of all these people dragging it down. In John we trust.

Yes. I’d rather be crazy and have my club to support. I’m crazy for being a Stag anyway :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:41 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:

Yes. I’d rather be crazy and have my club to support. I’m crazy for being a Stag anyway :lol:

:D :D
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bear 73 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:49 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Will be the usual £360ish for ian greaves upper... No thanks.
Will stick with the better deal family ticket (if they still do it) not as good a view as west upper but good price for me & the boy.
Guessing theyll be some kinda special offer for the crazy people who brought one this season aswell.

£360 pounds is about £14 pounds for a football league game which is good value, now if their is a better value ticket for you or a cheaper seat that is the options the club offer.
Clubs rely on money to survive, and you have a lot to say on the business of Mansfield Town and share your many opinions, calling people crazy who support what the club are trying to achieve is very much out of order, Bragging that you defraud the club financially, with , V_P_N is again out of order and illegal, you have a unique opportunity of watching all of the games sitting at home for £10 while supporting the club in a dire financial time in it history, Fans are the life blood of any club, and the insults are cheap shots, at people who are happy to support their club, and get value for money, and be part of something,
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:36 pm

While I find Gazmoose's comments disrespectful to loyal Stags' fans I have to say I too think the club shoots itself in the foot year-after-year over pricing.

It's pretty predictable to me that when the club announce the prices for next season there will be an inevitable and baffling increase. It's not just MK Dons and Bradford that have thousands of spare seats to sell - look around Field Mill and you'll also see thousands of spare seats at the vast majority of our matches. The government has announced that there shouldn't be social distancing after 21st June so all the seats should be available.

Lots of other clubs have successfully reduced prices, especially for kids, and reaped rewards in future years. I like the £18 adult and kid deal but putting them in the part of the ground that faces the worst of the weather and northerly winds does not help to encourage little ones to keep coming.

Football, like lots of other things is habit forming, and lots of us are now out of the habit. Banging prices up will not encourage a return. Despite the often used pandemic phrase "we're all in this together", lots of people have financially suffered over the past 12 months (along with others who have become richer). I just wish the club would for once take a gamble and bring in much lower prices to encourage bigger attendances which would hopefully lead to a more hostile intimidating environment for visiting teams. If lower prices didn't lead to bigger gates then I'd fully understand prices going up, but I just wish the Stags would give it a try.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:42 pm

At least we know every penny from ticket sales goes into the club and not in the back pocket.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:09 pm

chip63 wrote:At least we know every penny from ticket sales goes into the club and not in the back pocket.

:good_post:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:01 pm

In the 2019/20 season before BC were there any reduced entry games?

This season 2020/21 there appears to be less clubs in financial trouble than in previous seasons presumably furlough scheme, season ticket money, reduced costs, Ifollow receipts, Premier League money and fewer managers sacked.

Providing the virus is under control football and life will quickly return to the normal before BC. Season tickets will be expensive and unfair for some groups but that is normal.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:15 pm

sunray wrote:In the 2019/20 season before BC were there any reduced entry games?

This season 2020/21 there appears to be less clubs in financial trouble than in previous seasons presumably furlough scheme, season ticket money, reduced costs, Ifollow receipts, Premier League money and fewer managers sacked.

Providing the virus is under control football and life will quickly return to the normal before BC. Season tickets will be expensive and unfair for some groups but that is normal.

BC ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:03 am

The One wrote:
sunray wrote:In the 2019/20 season before BC were there any reduced entry games?

BC ?

Before coronavirus
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:58 am

BN if GC had stayed we'd probably be starting 2021/22 season in the NL.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:02 am

Spiritater wrote:BN if GC had stayed we'd probably be starting 2021/22 season in the NL.

Worse than Line of Duty :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Spiritater wrote:BN if GC had stayed we'd probably be starting 2021/22 season in the NL.

You don’t like GC do you ? Be honest
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum