{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jaden Charles

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jaden Charles

Postby Young021 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:12 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/agency-firm-clarifies-departure-young-4393011

He wasn’t released by Derby according to this article.

Key word ‘agency’ from what I know he was never offered a pro by them. And I think was the only one of that academy year not to be offered a contract.
If you read the article you see that it says derby say they released him. I’m more prone to believe the club over an agency ran by his dad.
However I hope he proves me wrong and does kick on around a first team environment
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby diablo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:00 am

lifestags wrote:Looks like when we are safe we’re just giving players “trials” then.

Might as well.

He is on a contract which means wages are been paid.
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby diablo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:02 am

lifestags wrote:Us signing players like him and Ward, doesn’t say much for our youth team does it.

(Hope he turns out to be a gem by the way but just saying)

My thoughts exactly,although several of the youth team including Jaden have the same agent
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:05 am

diablo wrote:
lifestags wrote:Us signing players like him and Ward, doesn’t say much for our youth team does it.

(Hope he turns out to be a gem by the way but just saying)

My thoughts exactly,although several of the youth team including Jaden have the same agent

Like someone else said, quite a few of our youth players came from other youth setups. I'm sure Knowles came from forest for example. The kids in our local area will get snapped up by better academies like Derby and Forest etc. Nowt wrong with giving other young lads an opportunity, they won't always be Mansfield born and bred
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:23 am

Does it help a young academy player get a contract at a lower league club if your Dad works at the club or your Dad used to be a professional football player?

Just asking on behalf of all the other young academy lads that have been released? :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Does it help a young academy player get a contract at a lower league club if your Dad works at the club or your Dad used to be a professional football player?

Just asking on behalf of all the other young academy lads that have been released? :lol:

Yes, probably. Especially if your Dad is an agent.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:43 pm

Didn't Bobby Hassell come to us by a similar route ? Far better looking at signing someone like this than a journeyman looking for a last big payday.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:32 pm

In 2009 Clough put great emphasis on creating a academy at Derby to bring local players through to the first team, He brought Darren Wassell in to run it, and now in 2021 it is a grade 1
academy, and the talent produced has been outstanding, during Cloughs rein Hughes for 9 million with add ons, Hendrick for 10 million and its success as been a life line for the club
Hughes, Hendrick, Atkins. Bennett, Thomas, Hanson,Mitchell, Lowe, Elsnic, Vernam, Gordon, Bird, Guy, Bogle, Lawson, Knight, Buchanan, Sibley, Whittaker, Brown, Ingram, Stretton,
McDonald, Watson, Kaide Gordan , Yates, Bardell, Willianms, Solomon, Jinkinson ,Bateman, Aghatise, THomson, Duncan, Hutchinson, Cresswell, Ebosele, Cybuiski, Ibrahim
Bogle and Lowe sold for 11 million pounds, So Millions have been gained selling players from the academy, and many have made the first team, showing the value of having a good academy,, I welcome Jaden Charles to Mansfield, talented players can so easily lose their way amongst all the distraction of being young, i know Clough plans for the future, while we think of today, he is looking what is available in the next two years, Though this player is on a short contract, Mansfield do not give contracts under Clough they have to earn them.
I hope Charles takes this opportunity to put his career back on track, he could not be in better hands., would have though Cooper has had a say in it, Clough listens to his staff
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Didn't Bobby Hassell come to us by a similar route ? Far better looking at signing someone like this than a journeyman looking for a last big payday.

If you mean Sir Bobby Hassell 8, yes he came from Derby but played all his youth footy for us.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Bobby Hassell and Lee Williamson came from Derby County and Liam Lawrence and Craig Disley came from Forest.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Bobby Hassell and Lee Williamson came from Derby County and Liam Lawrence and Craig Disley came from Forest.

Us signing players like Hassell, Williamson, Lawrence and Dis doesn't say much about our current youth teamers, does it? :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum