{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jaden Charles

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Jaden Charles

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:20 pm

just signed

✍️ We're pleased to welcome to One Call Stadium former @dcfcacademy left full-back Jaden Charles who has signed a contract until the end of the season.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Jaden Charles

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:22 pm

He's 19, and has been in the Derby youth set up for 10 years. Signed with a view for a potential deal next season.

Welcome Jaden. Hopefully one for the future
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 pm

:) Welcome to MTFC

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 pm

Looks like when we are safe we’re just giving players “trials” then.

Might as well.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:33 pm

His management company is headed by former Forest player Gary Charles, who would’ve played with Cloughy. Assume there may be some relationship between Jaden and Gary? Could be wrong.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Good luck Jaden.

Exactly the kind of young player we should be targeting. Schooled at a good level of academy and now looking to make his way into senior football.

He has a good opportunity to learn from the experienced pro’s whilst providing a bit of cover for Benning.

Hopefully it works out for him and we see him as a first team regular over the next few seasons
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:43 pm

Us signing players like him and Ward, doesn’t say much for our youth team does it.

(Hope he turns out to be a gem by the way but just saying)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 pm

lifestags wrote:Us signing players like him and Ward, doesn’t say much for our youth team does it.

It's an addition to the youth setup, most other teams sign youngsters for their academies. Doesn't mean their current youth players are crap.

Always worth taking a punt imo... he won't be on much money, and could well earn the club a pretty penny. Speculate to accumulate!

Its great were getting our own youthers in the first team and they'll hopefully go on to bigger and better things, but signing players from better academies than ours and producing our own has to be seen as a good thing.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:59 pm

He's pretty decent from what I know. was unlucky at derby as they've some incredible players in his position like Lee Buchanan who's now flying in the first team and 20 years old. They let a lot of good players go purely because they have so much choice.

I think they have one of the brightest academies in the country, I'd always consider a young player from there.

If we're going to give him so games then I'd like to see Corey given a run also. Start him
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:07 pm

lifestags wrote:Us signing players like him and Ward, doesn’t say much for our youth team does it.

Ward came through our academy. Barnsley nick him off us.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:08 pm

Sedgwick wrote:He's pretty decent from what I know. was unlucky at derby as they've some incredible players in his position like Lee Buchanan who's now flying in the first team and 20 years old. They let a lot of good players go purely because they have so much choice.

I think they have one of the brightest academies in the country, I'd always consider a young player from there.

If we're going to give him so games then I'd like to see Corey given a run also. Start him

Derby have/had some great youth players. Jason Knight, Kellan Gordon's brother, like you say Buchanan, Bogle, Max Lowe. I bet there's a few more too!

The mighty mason Bennett as well :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:13 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:He's pretty decent from what I know. was unlucky at derby as they've some incredible players in his position like Lee Buchanan who's now flying in the first team and 20 years old. They let a lot of good players go purely because they have so much choice.

Derby have/had some great youth players. Jason Knight, Kellan Gordon's brother, like you say Buchanan, Bogle, Max Lowe. I bet there's a few more too!

I'd keep an eye out for Jack Stretton, I think he's gone on loan to Stockport? Good finisher and looks ready for men's football
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:15 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I'd keep an eye out for Jack Stretton, I think he's gone on loan to Stockport? Good finisher and looks ready for men's football

Also with Gary Charles management company.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:17 pm

Wonder how long it'll take before the 'do we just sign Derby and Burton players?' comments to come :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:19 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:His management company is headed by former Forest player Gary Charles, who would’ve played with Cloughy. Assume there may be some relationship between Jaden and Gary? Could be wrong.

Definitely looks like Gary, first thing I thought when I saw it on Twitter was he must be his son.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Aspleystag » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:26 pm

If you look through our under 18 squad on the team website most of them have been signed from other clubs, so the comment about not using our own youth, doesn’t really stand up, we get youth players from other clubs.
Aspleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Aspleystag wrote:If you look through our under 18 squad on the team website most of them have been signed from other clubs, so the comment about not using our own youth, doesn’t really stand up, we get youth players from other clubs.

We get all ours from exit trials... I don't think we really scout local players, think it's been mentioned but if there's a stand out kid playing in the Chad youth League forest and derby will know about them.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:54 pm

Aspleystag wrote:If you look through our under 18 squad on the team website most of them have been signed from other clubs, so the comment about not using our own youth, doesn’t really stand up, we get youth players from other clubs.

Talent attracts talent.

The issue we have is that anybody under 14 will get snapped up by all the other, bigger clubs around us. We need to bring in these prospects to show that we can get talented players into the first time and give a pathway for those deciding which club to sign for.

It takes time to build up that reputation, and it starts with a few of our "own" and a few prospects signing in from other clubs.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:01 pm

One of most informative threads on stagsnet in ages (after the excellent scorefred) :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:01 pm

It’s Gary’s son. Jaden got released by derby end of last season,from what I know he wasn’t highly rated but had been on trial with a few league two clubs in the summer one being Salford. Then I’m pretty sure he did his acl. Weird one by cloughy i can’t lie. Also worth noting Keaton is also represented by Gary Charles.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:16 pm

Young021 wrote:It’s Gary’s son. Jaden got released by derby end of last season,from what I know he wasn’t highly rated but had been on trial with a few league two clubs in the summer one being Salford. Then I’m pretty sure he did his acl. Weird one by cloughy i can’t lie. Also worth noting Keaton is also represented by Gary Charles.

Taking a young lad on a short contract with a view to a deal isn't that weird to me :? Not when we've had an attitude shift at the club to actually get young Ens into the first team
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Young021 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:23 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Young021 wrote:It’s Gary’s son. Jaden got released by derby end of last season,from what I know he wasn’t highly rated but had been on trial with a few league two clubs in the summer one being Salford. Then I’m pretty sure he did his acl. Weird one by cloughy i can’t lie. Also worth noting Keaton is also represented by Gary Charles.

Taking a young lad on a short contractual with a view to a deal isn't that weird to me :? Not when we've had an attitude shift at the club to actually get young Ens into the first team

Taking a young lad who from watching him before wasn’t even near it at 18s level and been out with a long term injury is weird from me. I’d be surprised if he’s pushing mal for the starting spot this season. However maybe with being around then men’s environment could improve him as a player.
Young021
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MOTG » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:27 pm

I think Lee Buchanan was originally a local lad from the Ollerton area ?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:38 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:40 pm

MOTG wrote:

I think Lee Buchanan was originally a local lad from the Ollerton area ?

He’s from Mansfield I believe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum