{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Joe Riley

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Joe Riley

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:36 am

Spiritater wrote:His Wiki says he is an injury prone playrr. Knees seem very fragile.
It's just my opinion that if I was looking for a reliable fit right back and knowing his history then I'd look elsewhere

It's not about 'that's the spirit' at all. With the knee trouble he's had he'll be crocked more than he plays if signed.

But it’s so out of character for you to look for a negative in anything ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:21 am

Dog, bone, dog, bone, dog, bone.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:28 am

Seems a long drawn out process to get Joe injuries right , then comes along another operation.

I leave it to NC judgement and is medical team .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:24 am

[quote="STAGS FOR LIFE"]Seems a long drawn out process to get Joe injuries right , then comes along another operation.

I leave it to NC judgement and is medical team .[/quote]

Because he did his ACL... and badly... Its not a quick fix for most people that suffer from it.

It was a career ending injury until recently.. Cant really think of player who's done it and been the same after it... George Thorne was the best midfielder in the championship with a premier league and England career in-front of him until he did his knee.

I liked him at right back, very steady and can defend... I think people often think a full back is crap because they're not attacking, then complain the likes of gordon cant defend :?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:01 pm

Wasn't a full back a centre half that is too short to be a centre back? I'm sure someone said that
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum