{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ellison

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ellison

Postby stag861 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 am

Last time we went to Morecambe as visiting fans Ellison & Jammie McGuire were having a big laugh and a joke with each other. There's a pair of angels for you. Not sure where they played together.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 am

stag861 wrote:Last time we went to Morecambe as visiting fans Ellison & Jammie McGuire were having a big laugh and a joke with each other. There's a pair of angels for you. Not sure where they played together.

Off topic but linked to the post above - I'll never forgot the day of the 1-0 win at the Proact. I arrived at Field Mill early as I did the 'breakfast and coach' offer that the club put on, and was walking up Quarry Lane to the gates when Jamie was getting out his car ready to get on the coach. He was on the other side of fence next to his car, and I said "Good luck today Jamie". He turned around and bellowed "WE'RE GOING TO WAR!!!" with so much sincere passion - that's how he genuinely felt at that moment a few hours before kick off! The rest was history!
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 am

Ellison was at Morecambe, McGuire was at Fleetwood, only a few miles apart, might even have lived near each other, who knows :)
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:44 pm

They're both Scousers so maybe just know each other off the pitch or from having played against each other a few times. The crossover with Fleetwood/Morecambe was only for 2 years but I don't think they were in the same league then. Probably just a mutual scouse respect, as they're both passionate.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum