{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crawley score thread sponsored by 2 on the bounce

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Crawley score thread sponsored by 2 on the bounce

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:35 pm

The sooner this season ends, the better. So frustrating.
Last edited by I am Spartacus on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:36 pm

Yes belly.. those who feel the breath of sadness, sit down next to me :D
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:38 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Yes belly.. those who feel the breath of sadness, sit down next to me :D

Touring with the Happy Mondays this December, if the fixtures computer is kind to us this coming season I should get to see them.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:02 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Yes belly.. those who feel the breath of sadness, sit down next to me :D

Touring with the Happy Mondays this December, if the fixtures computer is kind to us this coming season I should get to see them.

James yes. Happy Mondays, no thanks. Overrated and rubbish live.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:15 pm

I went to see Happy Mondays 3 years ago in Lincoln and they were great. They have improved as a live band as they have got older because they are no longer off their heads on drugs and booze :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:53 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I went to see Happy Mondays 3 years ago in Lincoln and they were great. They have improved as a live band as they have got older because they are no longer off their heads on drugs and booze :lol:

Engine shed by chance ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:02 am

Slackythestag wrote:A very dull and flat performance, a 0-0 would of been acceptable. It's a shame we couldn't hang on but that's football, mistakes happen.

The lack of goals is just as concerning, with a better strike force we can afford to make the odd defensive mistake as we would be winning or drawing these type of games with strikers putting the ball in the net.

Crawley, Bradford, Harrogate, Carlisle all defeats by a single goal, in all these games we offered very little up front. Even Barrow, we had chances and our strikers did not take them, we then ended up losing 2-0.

Great post. Our goals are like buses atm. You wait ages then three come along together... and then you wait ages once more. The strike force in Summer needs a major overhaul, if not ... well work it out yourself it's not hard.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:22 am

Anyway, due to the fact Paulstag made the cardinal error of putting up the 'thread'' late he's paid the price for his laxness.

"Paulstag YOU'RE FIRED!!"

Next.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:27 am

Watch any game in any league in the world and players make mistakes, it’s cloud cuckoo land to base a result on someone not making a mistake for the whole match, let alone a whole season.

Stech should have done better, so should Rawson & Gordon but the rest of the game was littered with mistakes on both sides. Two average L2 teams battling it out, unfortunately the 1-0 wins NC craves for seem to fall the other way.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:50 am

pemill wrote:Watch any game in any league in the world and players make mistakes, it’s cloud cuckoo land to base a result on someone not making a mistake for the whole match, let alone a whole season.

Stech should have done better, so should Rawson & Gordon but the rest of the game was littered with mistakes on both sides. Two average L2 teams battling it out, unfortunately the 1-0 wins NC craves for seem to fall the other way.

It depends when and where the mistakes are made. Not good in the penalty area with a minute to go.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:56 am

Amber Andy wrote:
pemill wrote:Watch any game in any league in the world and players make mistakes, it’s cloud cuckoo land to base a result on someone not making a mistake for the whole match, let alone a whole season.

It depends when and where the mistakes are made. Not good in the penalty area with a minute to go.

but it’s always bloomin us
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:28 am

There were defensive mistakes made yesterday but Crawley did not exploit them until their last attack.

James Perch let Ashley Nadesan get in behind him in the 2nd minute and he was rescued by a great tackle by Mal Benning.

Kellan Gordon did not mark Tom Nichols from Crawley's corner in the 12th minute when Stech caught his header and then walked back into the crossbar.

Farrend Rawson gave the ball away on 17 minutes. Jordan Maguire-Drew played in Ashley Nadesan who should have shot at goal.

Jason Law lost Archie Davies on 52 minutes and Tom Nichols was left unmarked by James Perch to shoot at goal from Davies' cross but Stech saved.

Stephen Quinn gave the ball away with a bad back pass on 67 minutes and Jordan Maguire-Drew's shot was deflected for a corner.

Ashley Nadesan beat Kellan Gordon on 69 minutes and Nichols shot wide.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:00 am

Yet another goal comes from our right hand side.Keeper should not get beaten at the near post.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Oldamber55 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:12 am

The bottom line is that this is the poorest side we’ve had for a while... we’ve let better players go..sign players that nobody wants..the weakest strikers in years... and the worst defence.we are a shadow of what we were a few seasons ago.Having said all this Nigel will put it right,he’s just seeing this season out like the rest of us...
Oldamber55
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:07 am

Oldamber55 wrote:The bottom line is that this is the poorest side we’ve had for a while... we’ve let better players go..sign players that nobody wants..the weakest strikers in years... and the worst defence.we are a shadow of what we were a few seasons ago.Having said all this Nigel will put it right,he’s just seeing this season out like the rest of us...

We have the weakest group of strikers collectively I agree. Just think it's unfair on Jordan Bowery to be grouped with Reid and the clubs decision in January that we had sufficient to get through. I am not a manager and never will be but I fail to see why NC thought Reid would do? Yesterday the defence weathered storms and cleared balls but every time they went to Reid he simply lost control and they come right back and that's happened consistently. So yes the defence has made mistakes but if they never get any respite then of course they will. I saw a post that Reid was a 9/10 against Cheltenham....for what....he tapped in from 2 feet and played a standard one:two with JB.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:22 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Oldamber55 wrote:The bottom line is that this is the poorest side we’ve had for a while... we’ve let better players go..sign players that nobody wants..the weakest strikers in years... and the worst defence.we are a shadow of what we were a few seasons ago.Having said all this Nigel will put it right,he’s just seeing this season out like the rest of us...

We have the weakest group of strikers collectively I agree. Just think it's unfair on Jordan Bowery to be grouped with Reid and the clubs decision in January that we had sufficient to get through. I am not a manager and never will be but I fail to see why NC thought Reid would do? Yesterday the defence weathered storms and cleared balls but every time they went to Reid he simply lost control and they come right back and that's happened consistently. So yes the defence has made mistakes but if they never get any respite then of course they will. I saw a post that Reid was a 9/10 against Cheltenham....for what....he tapped in from 2 feet and played a standard one:two with JB.

From everything that Clough says, he appears to see something in Reid. For me, he is knocked off the ball too easily and too inconsistent. However, if you look at the comments about patience, not wanting to give Cook and Maynard more than ten minutes there is clearly something in Reid that Clough likes. It would be interesting to know what he is like in training.
That said, irrespective of potential, the stats speak for themselves. We are not good enough up front
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Oldamber55 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:38 pm

I agree with the Bowery bit... he certainly proved me wrong...I was his biggest critic( well amongst) hundreds more
He has definitely worked for his place.. however! He does blow hot & cold... will he be around for next season I think he will... as for Reid..it’s a work in progress I’m not convinced.
Oldamber55
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Bowery getting in to double figures for goals with 12 games still to play is good going from the left side of a front 3. I’d have no issue with him being involved next season (though we still need another option there). Agree he can blow a bit hot and cold but most wide players do at this level - he can be a right handful at times and would benefit from better players around him.

We need 2 quality additions though to play centre forward and on the right of the 3 though for next season if we’re serious about progressing - these are really key signings for me that we need to get right. Reid gives his all, but it’s not enough. Clough speaks highly of him but he knows he’s all he’s got up front for the rest of this season, he will know we need better. He doesn’t really have any standout attributes at league level.

We also don’t have anybody at the club currently who plays that right hand side role well enough to make it their own next season. We need a natural right forward that has some pace and trickery about him. I think most opposing left backs have a pretty comfortable day against us and the main threat we do have from that side is from Gordon coming forward.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:22 pm

How disappointing was that in a game were we had 3 young players on the field and holding our own, i thought we had a strong bench with Lapsie and sarkic but they were not risked.
still a point would do, Once more our confidence in building a squad to take on league 2 fails and we are just cannon fodder going home with nothing, and watching fans enjoy there victory
This is the format when you support a football club, the Stags are doing it to often for a club of our stature in this league.
Next season will be important but i would like ground hog day not being repeated, i wish the best for our players but if they cant deal with league 2 players ,then top of league 1 with championship players in their squad, is a real challenge they need to take a hard look at themselves, i see the same names come up again and again, Gordan, Stech,
with Rawson and Sweeney waiting in the wings, Carilsle on Tuesday a chance for them to shine or not
Rant over, we are asking players to perform with lower league or academy, perhaps 34 age plus players giving experience to young lads, and be better and more organized than they are
Clearly with this present squad not working, 12 games left this season is not over, come on lads prove your future is here
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:27 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:28 pm

So we lost 0.8 to 0.6 in the xG score and they say that their shot on goal in which they scored would on average only go into the net only once in every ten shots from that position.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Torrystag » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Feel so much better after that
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stag on the Beach » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:48 am

pemill wrote:Stech should have done better, so should Rawson & Gordon

I thought McLaughlin was more at fault than Rawson. He should have been a lot closer to his man from the throw-in. He gave him a free header.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:He was beaten at his near post Gazza. It’s just a no no in goalkeeping.

I make that 12pts lost in the final 10mins of games.

It’s not been mentioned so far either but in the first half he had an easy catch which slipped out of his hands, hit the bar and then fell back into his grasp. A simple catch.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:He was beaten at his near post Gazza. It’s just a no no in goalkeeping.

I make that 12pts lost in the final 10mins of games.

It’s not been mentioned so far either but in the first half he had an easy catch which slipped out of his hands, hit the bar and then fell back into his grasp. A simple catch.

I thought it was more that the bar caught the ball and knocked it out of his hand as he came down from his jump. Whichever it was he got away with it and wasn’t a massive mistake. If the ball had come back into the pitch, it may have been a concern but it didn’t. Most keepers wouldn’t have been able to catch it that high in the first place and would have pushed it over for a corner.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum