{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Oliver Sarkic

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Oliver Sarkic

Postby AlanStag » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:47 am

I think most saw our striking shortage coming at the time when we let two out and out strikers (Maynard and Cook) leave and replaced them with a winger who can do a job up front in Sarkic and we were playing Bowery out wide so our only permanent Striking option was and still is Reid.

I think if NC is honest he regrets leaving himself so short. If we wanted a target man option should we not have kept a hold of Cook instead of throwing Sweeney up there? I would bet my bottom dollar he would have started a fair few games over the past couple of months if he stayed.
Even with Cook going surely there was a young lad in a Prem/Champ academy we could have picked up for cheap as a plan C.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am

I’m sure JR would’ve spoken to Clough regarding the wages those front men were on. If we stay up, it worked. A massive reduction in wages and the target achieved. Clough seems relaxed about it.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:13 am

It is nice to see the out going of emotion for a player who has a long term injury which could still need surgery, sending the best wishes of Mansfield fans and hoping he gets back to full fitness, Another blow to our season players get injured its part and parcel of the game, it how we react that is important, moaning at what might have been is pointless.
I want to thank Sarkic for dropping down a league to play for Mansfield, and share with him the tragedy that unfolded and the long term injury he sustained.
Mansfield Town will always ensure the best interest and welfare of our players and this is very important to us. also i hope Caine is on the mend his injury came at a bad time in his career with him being another academy player on the fringe of the first team. im sure the present squad will do everything they can to maintain our target this season.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:51 am

AlanStag wrote:I think most saw our striking shortage coming at the time when we let two out and out strikers (Maynard and Cook) leave and replaced them with a winger who can do a job up front in Sarkic and we were playing Bowery out wide so our only permanent Striking option was and still is Reid.

I think if NC is honest he regrets leaving himself so short. If we wanted a target man option should we not have kept a hold of Cook instead of throwing Sweeney up there? I would bet my bottom dollar he would have started a fair few games over the past couple of months if he stayed.
Even with Cook going surely there was a young lad in a Prem/Champ academy we could have picked up for cheap as a plan C.

Clough said he couldn't see the point in getting a young academy player from a prem club being paid to sit on the bench when we have Caine in the running.
Very unlucky with the injury but let's hope we don't get anymore,

The other major question has to be why we are having so many injuries throughout the squad.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:54 am

chip63 wrote:
AlanStag wrote:I think most saw our striking shortage coming at the time when we let two out and out strikers (Maynard and Cook) leave and replaced them with a winger who can do a job up front in Sarkic and we were playing Bowery out wide so our only permanent Striking option was and still is Reid.

Clough said he couldn't see the point in getting a young academy player from a prem club being paid to sit on the bench when we have Caine in the running.

The other major question has to be why we are having so many injuries throughout the squad.

Playing two many games on crap pitches, and using the plastic at training ground
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:58 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dan wrote:We haven’t just got the two strikers. Law & Sinclair could do some damage up front and don’t forget our secret weapon Ryan Sweeney ;)

It could be worse, it could be Sweeney on his Todd. Now that would be throat cutting stuff :D :D :D
It would be a close shave whether we would survive or not? Probably down to a hair's breadth. :)

:lol: Brilliant. Thanks both for giving me a smile today.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:07 pm

marksay wrote:On Most loan agreements there is always a recall . Cooke has scored again for Bradford last week he needs to be back for the last eight

You can't recall players out on loan outside of a transfer window
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:34 pm

chip63 wrote:

Injuries are unfortunate but not unpredictable given the backlog of fixtures. I think most would have been happy if Knowles came back if we want to give our own a chance, so effectively are we saying Caine is better than Jimmy?

I recall hearing in an interview some of the older players don't like training on the astro, could be a factor in the injuries.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:40 pm

Still on Blackpool theme, they paid for CJ and he is out for rest of season
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:11 pm

C J missed quite a few games January and February, hamstring i think, but whats the latest injury ?
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:15 pm

Someone mentioned Dyer and Andrew earlier, the one goal Legend . Greatest ever goal celebration for sure. I'm sure i saw him on EFL highlights for someone. Good stuff Calvin.
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:20 pm

Andrew scored for Barrow last Saturday
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:47 pm

The One wrote:Still on Blackpool theme, they paid for CJ and he is out for rest of season

didn't they do a medical :roll: :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:19 am

Out for season returned to Blackpool

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... on-3185159
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous