{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Neal Bishop Interview - Mansfield Matters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Neal Bishop Interview - Mansfield Matters

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:31 pm

I think Craig Priest of Mansfield Matters is releasing his Neal Bishop interview tonight. It's apparently around 1 hour 40 minutes long. It should be an interesting listen. He played a clip a few weeks ago with Bish saying that John Dempster was not hard enough on the players and that he did not clamp down on indiscipline in the camp in Portugal. He also thought they did not train hard enough.

One thing you can give GC and Joe Dunne some credit for is that they did make us a fitter team.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Neal Bishop Interview - Mansfield Matters

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 am

this is well worth a watch. Very interesting. Well done to Craig and the team for setting it up

https://www.facebook.com/mtfcmatters/vi ... 4734959801
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:37 am

It wasn't conducted by Oprah was it?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Good insight, a lot of what most of us knew already. Tells it as it is.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Very revealing re Dempster lack of didcipline and GC over discipline
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:09 pm

Excellent podcast. Really enjoyed it. Thanks Bish and well done to all the Mansfield Matters team involved.

Essential listening for all Stags fans.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Teapot » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:15 pm

Absolutely eye opening the way discipline went out of the window after Filtcroft’s departure. I am sure that Bish will have a great career in coaching given his personal values alone.
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:46 pm

Craig is a really good presenter/ host.

Blows my mind we got rid of Flitcroft.... we can argue about it being right/ wrong for days but with no clear plan for what next it was in hindsight a terrible decision.

Especially with comments about Dempster not knowing what to do with the squad and the comments about who we already had lined up to come in and have another go. ah well great listen
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Craig is a really good presenter/ host.

Blows my mind we got rid of Flitcroft.... we can argue about it being right/ wrong for days but with no clear plan for what next it was in hindsight a terrible decision.

Especially with comments about Dempster not knowing what to do with the squad and the comments about who we already had lined up to come in and have another go. ah well great listen

Agree re Craig, really good.

Also agree re Flitcroft. Without opening the debate again, the lack of planning involved is clearly a massive contributor for how the last two seasons have gone
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Regarding the wonderful DF, he’s been Director of Football at Port Vale for 6 games and they still haven’t won yet. 4 defeats and 2 draws. Clearly having an impact there then ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Dan wrote:Regarding the wonderful DF, he’s been Director of Football at Port Vale for 6 games and they still haven’t won yet. 4 defeats and 2 draws. Clearly having an impact there then ;)
Oh Dan ! One problem with that DF isn't the manager. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:36 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Oh Dan ! One problem with that DF isn't the manager. :D

That's the beauty of being a Director of Football. You help appoint the manager and help with player recruitment but if the manager and players recruited fail then the manager gets the sack. Money for old rope. DF and Holdsworth are not daft.

When Carlisle went top of the league by beating Walsall this season, Holdsworth was pushing Chris Beech to one side at the end so he could march on to the pitch and claim the glory. Surprisingly he was not doing this at the end of the recent games at Harrogate, Col U and Morecambe but if Carlisle continue to drop down the league then no doubt it will be Chris Beech who gets the boot. Holdsworth will carry on dealing with his favourite agents.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:Regarding the wonderful DF, he’s been Director of Football at Port Vale for 6 games and they still haven’t won yet. 4 defeats and 2 draws. Clearly having an impact there then ;)

:D Correct. But had port Vale won 4 and drawn 2 I know a few on here who would’ve claimed it was down to the DoF ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

:D Correct. But had port Vale won 4 and drawn 2 I know a few on here who would’ve claimed it was down to the DoF ;)

And some would have been wanting Darrell Clarke as manager. To be fair to DC he's not had time to turn things around. As a selfish Stags fan I hope he doesn't as it helps our cause to stay up.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Absolutely fantastic and very revealing.
Just enhances my belief that the sacking of DF was a huge mistake
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Dan, has Flitcroft ever insulted you? You're quite paranoid about him. You need to move on
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:56 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Dan, has Flitcroft ever insulted you? You're quite paranoid about him. You need to move on

This is a message board, don’t like it don’t read it ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PaulG » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:00 pm

What an excellent podcast. When I saw it was the better part of two hours, I nearly didn't bother, but I'm glad I did. It shows you how much of managerial success is down to man-management, and the personality of the manager. Other than that, it confirms that what we, as fans, guess is going on behind the scenes is generally pretty accurate.
PaulG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Dan, has Flitcroft ever insulted you? You're quite paranoid about him. You need to move on

Know what I mean. He’s a like a spurned lover.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Didn’t take you long to revert to type after the fake few nicey posts :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:20 pm

Well worth a listen.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:22 am

Dan wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Didn’t take you long to revert to type after the fake few nicey posts :lol:

Nothing fake about any of my posts. My opinion is my opinion and your borderline hatred of DF is weird.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:21 pm

belly boy stick to football you just cant can you , this is a straight bat the conversation and is not personal but reflects the club changing managers who have moved the club forward is
not a route to success, and stability is the way to go, and i believe that dan feels Mansfield was going in the right direction, and rightly disappointed in how it turned out 3 managers later and fighting relegation
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:55 pm

bear 73 wrote:belly boy stick to football you just cant can you , this is a straight bat the conversation and is not personal but reflects the club changing managers who have moved the club forward is
not a route to success, and stability is the way to go, and i believe that dan feels Mansfield was going in the right direction, and rightly disappointed in how it turned out 3 managers later and fighting relegation

But you’ve been posting here for two mins and haven’t seen the long and monotonous borderline hatred. But yeah, another Johnny Come lLately knows better. This has nothing to do with you but in you step.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:48 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bear 73 wrote:belly boy stick to football you just cant can you , this is a straight bat the conversation and is not personal but reflects the club changing managers who have moved the club forward is

But you’ve been posting here for two mins and haven’t seen the long and monotonous borderline hatred. But yeah, another Johnny Come lLately knows better. This has nothing to do with you but in you step.

Still not on football matters , on a open football forum which is trying to keep off personal insults, please write 1000 times must do better
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum