{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cheltenham scorethread sponsored by lets go for the win

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cheltenham scorethread sponsored by lets go for the win

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:44 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Did Martin just say Forest Green corner? :lol:

Yes. I'd just texed him the comment above about Forest Green going top so he got his wires crossed

ha. I saw your text pop up on my screen and I was quickly thinking do I mention this ... then thought perhaps best not to go too early in case there is a comeback ... and I did indeed get my wires crossed while I was assessing it! :oops:

I checked the Robins Nest forum, didn't go missed on their. They had more to say on that than they did the game.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:47 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Did Martin just say Forest Green corner? :lol:

Yes. I'd just texed him the comment above about Forest Green going top so he got his wires crossed

ha. I saw your text pop up on my screen and I was quickly thinking do I mention this ... then thought perhaps best not to go too early in case there is a comeback ... and I did indeed get my wires crossed while I was assessing it! :oops:

I checked the Robins Nest forum, didn't go missed on their. They had more to say on that than they did the game.

Do Cheltenham not have commentators?

Or maybe they knew how good Martin and Dean are :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:14 pm

BBC commentators aren't allow to travel to away games due to COVID restrictions imposed by BBC.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 pm

Whats BBC got to do with ifollow ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Great move that by Cheltenham. Started near their own corner flag. Smith got up early above Perch. Great cross by Hussey.

Chris Hussey was always going to be the danger man. Not sure why Kellan Gordon did not race out to get to him instead of leaving it to Stephen McLoughlin.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:52 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Cook scores for Bradford. Here we go :lol:

Andy Cook was gifted a goal against Newport by Priestley Farquharson who just played a back pass that put him straight through on goal. He took it well though.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:58 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:Great finish, but LAw was instrumental in that

....and Stephen Quinn who played really well tonight. I was worried when we subbed him.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:03 am

Sedgwick wrote:Benning done well tonight I think

Mal played well apart from diving in on Matty Blair in the first half and giving him a free run down the right and cross.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:15 am

The One wrote:Whats BBC got to do with ifollow ?

A lot of clubs have BBC local radio doing their iFollow commentary.

They still do their radio work by watching the iFollow video from home, but because of the 30 second delay in video transmission they can’t do the iFollow work.

The 30 second delay doesn’t matter for radio, unless you have sky sports video printer on at the same time.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:59 am

Michael Duff interview

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:17 am

Special shout out to Kellan Gordon.
Held publicly and personally responsible for Saturdays debacle- a great response from the young man
Well done Kellan
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:49 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Great move that by Cheltenham. Started near their own corner flag. Smith got up early above Perch. Great cross by Hussey.

Chris Hussey was always going to be the danger man. Not sure why Kellan Gordon did not race out to get to him instead of leaving it to Stephen McLoughlin.

I could have a good guess as to why he didn't come running out ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:18 am

yorkstag wrote:Special shout out to Kellan Gordon.
Held publicly and personally responsible for Saturdays debacle- a great response from the young man
Well done Kellan

Absolutely right yorkstag, a demonstration of why many think he has a big future. Also credit to NC, the easy thing to do would have been to drop him, the brave and correct thing to do was to back your player, especially one so talented. Really great management.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Michael Duff interview

Another ungracious mardy git
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:01 am

I thought that gave us absolutely no credit
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:08 am

They were very lucky it was only 3-1
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:13 am

Not only didn’t he give us any credit but he didn’t give his own players credit for keeping the score down to 3. We could have easily scored 6.

His defence worked wonders at times, keeping the ball out of the net and should be given credit for that.

Maybe the wind did us all a favour drowning out his delusions.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:23 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Not only didn’t he give us any credit but he didn’t give his own players credit for keeping the score down to 3. We could have easily scored 6.

His defence worked wonders at times, keeping the ball out of the net and should be given credit for that.

Maybe the wind did us all a favour drowning out his delusions.

Hit the post twice didn't? God knows how many blocked just off the line.... I cant remember them really threatening except for the goal and shot well saved by Stech.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:50 am

Nottsstag100 wrote:Spineless fans who give up at 1-0 should really reconsider what they post, some give off the energy as if they are longing for us to concede just to post their usual misery messages,

Anyway brilliant finish by Bowery and good positioning for Reid’s

COYS

Spot on. Page 6 of this thread is comedy gold.

Also Duff saying they had a good penalty shout is a joke. It was the most blatant piece of cheating I’ve seen in a long time and Lapslie let him know about it too. I don’t know why the ref bottled it when it was a clear yellow card.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:37 am

On their forum ,moaning about the pitch covers being on the side of the pitch ,they really are not that good a team imo
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:42 am

A fantastic comeback win by the Stags against the league leaders. It was difficult to pick a Man of the Match but I will give it to Jordan Bowery closely followed by Jason Law, Jamie Reid and Stephen Quinn who were all excellent. Two good goals for Jordan Bowery. A goal and an assist for Jamie Reid who really deserved his goal. Jason Law got a great assist and was involved in all three goals.

Stephen Quinn was popping up all over the place linking up play and was involved in the first goal. Stephen McLaughlin demonstrated that he is a very useful versatile player to have in the squad as he harried and chased in the holding midfield role. He was a complete nuisance and helped to break up lots of Cheltenham attacks and also covered well in defence. Ollie Clarke did not get into the game as much on the right and he did not look as energetic as normal as Nigel Clough pointed out in his interview.

Farrend Rawson was the pick of the defence and very solid again in defence apart from getting caught on the ball in the first half. James Perch had a very good first half and he was my MOM at half time but he was beaten in the air by Sam Smith for the goal and miskicked a clearance in the 2nd half which meant that Marek Stech had to make a good save. Kellan Gordon and Mal Benning also played well. Mal got caught out diving in on Matty Blair in the first half which could have resulted in a Cheltenham goal.

A great evening's entertainment which I celebrated with a few beers whilst watching Newport v Bradford afterwards.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:53 am

Torrystag wrote:On their forum ,moaning about the pitch covers being on the side of the pitch ,they really are not that good a team imo
Oh Torrystag don't devalue our great victory. Cheltenham are world beaters. :coys: :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Torrystag wrote:On their forum ,moaning about the pitch covers being on the side of the pitch ,they really are not that good a team imo
Oh Torrystag don't devalue our great victory. Cheltenham are world beaters. :coys: :D

They may be top ,but my god i wouldn,t want to watch them on a weekly basis ,we made them look poor by the way we played ,interesting that clough mentioned it was down to gary crosby that we set out our plan to play with three up top ,couldn,t see many of our former gaffers being so honest ,pure class
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

They may be top ,but my god i wouldn,t want to watch them on a weekly basis ,we made them look poor by the way we played ,interesting that clough mentioned it was down to gary crosby that we set out our plan to play with three up top ,couldn,t see many of our former gaffers being so honest ,pure class

Yes, I agree with you about Nigel.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:01 pm

bear 73 wrote:Cheltenham on paper nothing to fear a small club without spending big on their squad, having won their last 4 and sitting top of the league with a squad performing well and players that can hurt you like Alfie May, its going to be long night with our injury list a draw would be immense, but huffing and puffing and no points to show for it is our remit at the moment.
I feel Clough has been playing on the front foot and the players are not up to it, leaving us shaky at the back, Defending in depth like our relegation rivals and scraping what points we can seems a sensible approach.
We have allowed our players to express themselves, and Barrow brought a reality check to our season

A long night huffing and puffing and nothing to show for it , our players are not capable of playing on the front foot, we need to defend in depth and scrape some points together.
From the low of Saturday came the league leaders this Tuesday, what a transformation a team galvanized in team spirit sucker punched into going a goal down,, we saw them rise from the ashes to give a blistering display of team work and 5-1 would have been a fair result, Clough showing faith in his players was amply rewarded, put in our place fans like me who had begun to worry about our league position and staying in the football league , Clough is on track building a team to take us forward. keeping a eye on Scottish players now
bear 73
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum