{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Barrow Scorethread (sp) sponsored by spelling padants united

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Barrow Scorethread (sp) sponsored by spelling padants un

Postby Torrystag » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:13 pm

James wrote:
broomo wrote:Sweeney is an idiot.

I wouldn't play him again. Ever.

He's cost us too many games now with atrocious decisions, woeful defending and ridiculous fouls.

I'm starting to think we need an entirely new back 5

That was a tragically inept 2nd half.

You’re a Stags fan now, come join us in negativity :-D

We’ve needed a new back 5 for 2 years now.

Cant even comprehend ourfans calling our players IDIOTS ,
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:17 pm

adamstag wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:
adamstag wrote:If anyone on here bets. cheltenham - who are top of the league, are 2/1 to beat us on tuesday.

Lump, and lump hard.

2/1 where?

bet 365, it’s come down now

Stuck the £10er I would’ve paid to watch it on tues on... if we win happy days, if we lose I’ll get money back for that shower today
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:21 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Mansf1eld wrote:
adamstag wrote:If anyone on here bets. cheltenham - who are top of the league, are 2/1 to beat us on tuesday.

Lump, and lump hard.

2/1 where?

bet 365, it’s come down now

Stuck the £10er I would’ve paid to watch it on tues on... if we win happy days, if we lose I’ll get money back for that shower today

Like you, i hope we win and the bet doesn’t come in, but still, it’s mad odds
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Why not go the whole hog and make it 0-5, that should make a good pay day.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:59 pm

london amber stag wrote:This ref has been waiting to send someone off.

Ryan Sweeney was the first player that Charles Breakspear sent off this season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
london amber stag wrote:This ref has been waiting to send someone off.

Ryan Sweeney was the first player that Charles Breakspear sent off this season.

Thought the ref was Carl Boyeson
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:16 pm

I knew it began with a "B" :lol:

Ryan Sweeney was the first player that Carl Boyeson has sent off this season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:32 pm

Poor finishing, a daft challenge by Ryan Sweeney and poor defending by Kellan Gordon has cost us today. The Stags played well until the 63rd minute when Sweeney was sent off for a stupid challenge on Quigley when he was on a yellow card.

We should have been 3-1 up at half time as Mal Benning put in two great crosses from the left that Harry Charsley and Ollie Clarke should have finished off. Jamie Reid should also have scored when he was put clean through by Jordan Bowery. I'm not sure what the fourth chance was that Nigel Clough was referring to. The only other chance I noted was Mal Benning shooting wide from outside the area. Aidan Stone did not have a save to make although Scott Quigley should have scored from Jamie Devitt's free kick. We gave away too many free kicks throughout the game.

Farrend Rawson was very good again today and he was my Man of the Match. He received lots of praise from the Barrow commentators. John Goodwin, the Barrow pundit on BBC Radio Cumbria, pointed out on 70 minutes that Scott Quigley normally causes plenty of problems for opposition centre halfs but that he had got absolutely nothing out of Rawson.

Ryan Sweeney was also playing reasonably well until he was sent off. His only mistake had been losing Quigley from Jamie Devitt's free kick in the first half. The sending off changed the game although the Stags still looked comfortable until Kellan Gordon's inexplicable error. He should just have headed the ball away. Gordon was also playing well until that moment and could have scored in the 2nd half.

When Jake Wright came on, he looked short of pace and was easily brushed aside by Quigley twice when Stech made two good saves.

Mal Benning was my MOM in the first half and Charsley and Clarke should have scored from his crosses. He was getting forward really well although he was the main culprit again for giving the ball away. I did think Mal was partly responsible for the second Barrow goal as he lost Barry and allowed him to get the cross in.

I also thought that Stephen Quinn, Ollie Clarke and Jason Law played well and were controlling the midfield. Harry Charsley was slightly disappointing. He needed to get involved more although it was a good shot in the 2nd half.

Jordan Bowery worked really hard up front and he made a couple of great passes including the one that put Jamie Reid through on goal. Jamie Reid was disappointing and not enough of a goal threat.

The Stags performance at Barrow today was not a lot different from when Cambridge beat Barrow 2-0 three weeks ago. Both sides controlled the game but the difference was that Cambridge were more lethal and scored just before half time with their second and Mullin's first chance of the game.

Danny Rowe came on as a sub today for Bradford and equalised in the 93rd minute with his first real chance. Bradford had only had two chances all game when Andy Cook blasted over in the first half and when Matty Gilks made a good save from Anthony O'Connor's header late on.

We need to improve our forward play and be more deadly in front of goal. If the opposition score the first goal then you just cannot see us equalising at the moment.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:40 am

Gordon may have looked at fault with the second goal ... but once again Rawson was out of position marking nobody. Gordon was having to cover the centre because the central defenders weren't there.
Too many times Rawson is pulled to the flanks because the full backs aren't doing their jobs properly - and that then leaves a hole in the middle from which we often concede.
Rawson's inability to mark properly is the root of so many goals that we concede.
This is the worst defence we have had for many years.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:34 am

Our lack of goal threat for me shows tactical weakness as well as the ability of the personnel nvolved .
Bowery certainly blows hot and cold but when his contribution to a game is good , it's normally coming in from the left . Charley's on the other side is not a natural wide player so drifts back into right sided midfield .
That leaves just Reid in the middle . 30 plus games ..... 3 goals ? His lack of experience / ability means he never gets himself in positions to finish a move off . Just doesn't have the fox in the box instinct and gets too easily outmanoeuvred by centre halfs . Hence he actually has very few chances in games .
The one great chance yesterday put thru by Bowery he made a real mess of and at very least should have tested the keeper instead of passing back to him .
We have many defensive frailties at the moment but even if they are resolved this team will not score goals until at least Lapslie returns to give another dimension .
If we can't get Maynard , Cook, Knowles back we are in trouble up front .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:05 am

Vice President wrote:Gordon may have looked at fault with the second goal ... but once again Rawson was out of position marking nobody. Gordon was having to cover the centre because the central defenders weren't there.
Too many times Rawson is pulled to the flanks because the full backs aren't doing their jobs properly - and that then leaves a hole in the middle from which we often concede.
Rawson's inability to mark properly is the root of so many goals that we concede.
This is the worst defence we have had for many years.
The situation was made worse by the sending off of Sweeney.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DURHAM STAG » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 am

Having watched the video again, I don't think the referee was considering booking Sweeney for the second time until persuaded to do so by the Barrow players. Poor decision to make the challenge when you are on a yellow card yes, but for the second game running, referee seems to have gone with the opposition reaction, including applauding the decision.
DURHAM STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:49 am

I thought both Ryan Sweeney fouls were yellow cards. He seems to have completely lost his confidence in recent games after making a good start under Nigel Clough. The rest may do him good. He needs to have a good end to the season as I cannot see him being retained by Nigel Clough at the moment. He was a DF signing from Stoke City in the Championship so he may be a big earner.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I thought both Ryan Sweeney fouls were yellow cards. He seems to have completely lost his confidence in recent games after making a good start under Nigel Clough. The rest may do him good. He needs to have a good end to the season as I cannot see him being retained by Nigel Clough at the moment. He was a DF signing from Stoke City in the Championship so he may be a big earner.

Young baby at home - perhaps he is going through that phase when new parents exist on minimal sleep? :shock:
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:20 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I thought both Ryan Sweeney fouls were yellow cards. He seems to have completely lost his confidence in recent games after making a good start under Nigel Clough. The rest may do him good. He needs to have a good end to the season as I cannot see him being retained by Nigel Clough at the moment. He was a DF signing from Stoke City in the Championship so he may be a big earner.

Young baby at home - perhaps he is going through that phase when new parents exist on minimal sleep? :shock:

That could be the case. We often forget professional footballers also face the trials and tribulations of life the same as we do.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:24 pm

xG Result (Experimental 361)
Barrow 1.8 Mansfield Town 0.4

I think an xG of 0.4 is our lowest of the season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:59 pm

Groundhog day once more poor in both goal areas, and a game that was disastrous for us 4 games now where we have given maximum points away, and this leaves us involved in the relegation fight with some tough fixtures coming up, and we have a injury list we cannot afford, Who can we blame, well the manager picks the team but has no control of them once they are on the field, goalkeeper, full backs, central defenders forwards, this leaves the midfield our best part of the squad, so thats 7 players at least who have to do better.
With many of the squad assembled in the summer, we know this group can win games, but having had such a poor start to the season, we know concentration for 90 minutes is difficult for two many of them, the remainder of this season is going to be one hell of a ride, and stability in the club our main hope, this has been a tragic weekend for us
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:25 am

Torrystag wrote:
James wrote:

He's cost us too many games now with atrocious decisions, woeful defending and ridiculous fouls.

Make your mind up "precious".

You've been telling me since I got here that I'm not a fan.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:15 pm

broomo wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
James wrote:

Aren’t you the lovely one. For someone calling someone precious, you don’t half mind throwing the insults around. Couple of months here and you’re trying to boss it ?

When is your next flounce booked for ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:44 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
broomo wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
James wrote:

Aren’t you the lovely one. For someone calling someone precious, you don’t half mind throwing the insults around. Couple of months here and you’re trying to boss it ?

When is your next flounce booked for ?

There's a reason I called him precious but you probably missed his post to me.

I didn't ask for you to be banned and the main reason I wasn't going to post anymore is because admin deleted my reply to your latest outburst and I believe if you're allowed to dish it out, then you should be fair game for any come back at all Shorty.

The second reason is because it seems there are at least 2 of you who will keep looking for an argument and it spolis the board.

I'd have preferred for my post to have stayed so you and anyone else knew where I stand.

I'm not trying to boss anything.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Sorry broomo trying to talk football is wasted on belly and torry boy, they would prefer a slanging match which quite rightly annoys real posters, for give them they no know better
the word idiot is just one of many words thought by Mansfield fans, in the heat of the Barrow game
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:30 pm

bear 73 wrote:Sorry broomo trying to talk football is wasted on belly and torry boy, they would prefer a slanging match which quite rightly annoys real posters, for give them they no know better
the word idiot is just one of many words thought by Mansfield fans, in the heat of the Barrow game

Think you need to re,assess your opinion no slanging from me ,in fact your hero,has decided to comment on a quote made by me on saturday , which is categorically wrong ,though some on here dislike confrontation its actually healthy bye
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:35 pm

broomo wrote:There's a reason I called him precious but you probably missed his post to me.

I didn't ask for you to be banned and the main reason I wasn't going to post anymore is because admin deleted my reply to your latest outburst and I believe if you're allowed to dish it out, then you should be fair game for any come back at all Shorty.

The second reason is because it seems there are at least 2 of you who will keep looking for an argument and it spolis the board.

I'd have preferred for my post to have stayed so you and anyone else knew where I stand.

I'm not trying to boss anything.

I’m afraid you are. You seem to think that you can insult and get away with it but cry like a baby when you get it, to the point where you threaten to flounce. You’re a Clough fan. You’re not a Mansfield fan. Think you’d be shocked at the PMs I’ve received about that.
But anyway. Send me a PM and let me know what you think. I reckon I can hack it.
I’m not looking for an argument with you. I’m just telling you that oh know nothing of our history or heritage so you’re an outsider.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:37 pm

Gatekeeping Mansfield Town, I think I've seen it all now :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Gatekeeping Mansfield Town, I think I've seen it all now :lol:

Just googled it on the urban dictionary :lol:
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum