{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets: Rollovers, refunds and renewals

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets: Rollovers, refunds and renewals

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Renewed this season knowing the risk (although at the time I don't think I foresaw an absence for the whole season), and will renew next season.

Wouldn't be offended in any way if nothing was offered by the club. I'd just like my original seat in the IGU to be given, instead of the seat I had to take in the IGL this season.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:23 pm

As long as I get my old seat back in IGU then all’s well
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:44 pm

At £10 a match season ticket holders will have had £230 value for home matches on ifollow. As someone else posted, when I bought my season ticket I expected that we would be in the ground by October and certainly did not expect still not to be able to attend matches at all this season which seems likely.

There are presumably a few season ticket holders who do mot have internet access to watch the games online. Although the matches are free for season ticket holders I know one guy who does not do online transactions and did not want to put his card details in. I guess there are maybe a few others like that.

I assume the club will know who has watched the home games.

I would hope that the club make some sort of offer. I did not take a refund last season and will probably do the same this season. My last match was the Northampton game on 25th January. I was away for the next 2 home games and the Swindon match after I returned was called off.

I assume that people will be offered their old seats. The seat I have not used this season was right at the end of a row in IGL at the Quarry Lane end.

The problem with offering free cup tickets as has been suggested is that receipts for cup games are shared with the opposition.
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby nobby+2 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:37 pm

As i pay for my 2 grandchildren they did not get ifollow only one email so just free st for them please
nobby+2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ronaldo10 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Me personally would not be bothered if season tickets went up. Just want to watch live football again at the Mill.
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Didn't bother this season..
Will definitely get one next season if I can have my usual seat back.

But what if you can't?

Kings Arms
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 pm

to not offer season ticket holder their original seat back would be absolutely bonkers
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 pm

nobby+2 wrote:As i pay for my 2 grandchildren they did not get ifollow only one email so just free st for them please

Not very fair in my opinion, money has been taken for them to watch the Stags and they should be allowed to.
Agree you should at least get them free next season.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:57 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:to not offer season ticket holder their original seat back would be absolutely bonkers

I don't know why people are thinking this might not happen.
The club have stated all along that season ticket allocations for 2021/22 will be based on seating plans from 2019/20.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:55 am

Can see upper west stand season ticket prices pushing the £400 mark for next season and highly doubt theyll be an early bird offer as the radfords try and claw back some lost revenue!

Hopefully they'll keep up the £18 family ticket thou... Pretty decent deal for me and the boy.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:20 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:Can see upper west stand season ticket prices pushing the £400 mark for next season and highly doubt theyll be an early bird offer as the radfords try and claw back some lost revenue!

Hopefully they'll keep up the £18 family ticket thou... Pretty decent deal for me and the boy.

Say it every year but wish they'd explore lowering the price and getting the stadium packed making roughly the same money.

There are clubs that have done it and the average attendance rises each season as the season ticket comes down, plus more fans in the ground buying food and other things and a better atmosphere!

I think next season will be the usual, higher prices less fans buying them and a half full stadium. The advance cheaper price during the week and increase on match day needs scrapping as well.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:14 pm

The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:29 pm

The Radfords have been brilliant in most things.

Pricing of tickets is certainly not one of them.

Prices for Kids and students remained high and short sighted, and whereas the family ticket was welcome, the basic price for someone on a hunch to go watch a game on matchday was too high, especially in an area which is hardly flush with cash. The having to pay extra on the day is a right nonsense also.

I personally won't be asking for a refund, and will pay again for next season - but that's my choice and if others take up the option good for them.

The child/student price is something that really needs a lot of thought in going forward.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:38 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:Can see upper west stand season ticket prices pushing the £400 mark for next season and highly doubt theyll be an early bird offer as the radfords try and claw back some lost revenue!

Appreciate there’s a lot to consider in regards to ticket pricing from a business perspective (even more so after the year we have had) but I think it would be pretty poor form to increase season ticket prices for next year, particularly when so many have paid out for this season and haven’t received any benefit for doing so. I understand that circumstances have meant that has been out of the clubs control, but with iFollow tickets being just a tenner, ST holders have paid well over the amount that a none ST holder will have paid to watch the same games, particularly if there are a few season ticket holders in the same house!

Again, I get that season ticket holders purchased them knowing that the situation with Covid would mean they would miss out in some way, and that they were mainly brought on the premise of supporting the club which I fully agree with, just think that with all that in mind surely those supporters can’t be met with another price jump on their return?

The main thing for me though is that I hope we can return back to the seats we had for the 19/20 season
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Basically a wall of mk dons affluent fans.

"why is your name on the wall?"

"Well in 2020 I had enough disposible income to keep giving some to the football club."
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:33 pm

Have I misunderstood this - isn’t just season ticket holders who are listed?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:02 am

Providing I get my original seat back I'm happy. If not, seating should be prioritised by loyalty not the first come allocation as proposed for this season

I took the free ticket coupons for my brother in law who is not a MTFC fan. Will these be honoured next season?

Hope the EFL continues with ifollow for away games. No viewing figures are available from either the club or the EFL. But if the price was say £12 I'm sure in MTFC case the away game at Newport would give them more income than a couple of coaches of fans (and there would still be some who would travel and pay). Plus lower policing and stewarding costs. Just think of the lower carbon omissions. Would need to buy away subscription through your home club to avoid home fans purchasing them.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum