{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets: Rollovers, refunds and renewals

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season tickets: Rollovers, refunds and renewals

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:58 am

Just speculating about what could be announced and curious about what people on here would do.

Rollover

Some clubs have offered an ST rollover with current holders having their ticket cover the 21/22 season. It has been a scheme introduced by a handful of higher league clubs. Do you think it’s something we may offer? Can we afford to?

Refund

Do you think a refund will be offered due to not seeing a game all season? A number of clubs have started giving fans the opportunity to get money back, with many surprised by the amount of fans declining a full refund to help secure their club’s future? Do you see us offering a refund?

Renewal

Do you see many renewing their STs following a season of no football? Jobs are being lost and furlough is impacting many household incomes. Do you think we need a good offer to get hardcore fans to again part with their cash? Personally, I would have made the fan forum available to ST holders as a reward for their commitment.

Personally - I refused the refund and renewed but I have found the iFollow offer seriously lacking. Nothing to do with the club but substandard technology. No TV app or airplay support has made it difficult to get on a tv. Going forward: I’ll now have to be careful with finances as job will be vulnerable for a while to come meaning as much as I love the Stags, handing over 375 again is under consideration rather than a given - normally I’m chomping at the bit to hand over my hard earned cash.

Thoughts?
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Season tickets: Rollovers, refunds and renewals

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 am

No

No

Yes
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:34 am

No No Yes from me too
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 am

Surely the obvious plan is to offer a discount on renewals to reflect the difference between the actual value of this season's ticket (i.e. 23 ifollow match passes at £10 each), and the price paid?
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:38 am

No

No

Yes. A definite yes from me. Hopefully the club will honour the pledge, stated last summer, that season ticket holders can return to their pre-pandemic seats. All those that are season ticket holders on our group chat, can’t wait to return in their original seats and in the flesh. Especially as, for often this is hailed, I really do think we have the green shoots of recovery and Mansfield will rise again.

Sorry Martin, but for all your hard and sterling work this season, walking across the lounge to switch the tv on is not the same as walking up to the ground.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:35 am

Just as long as I can get my old seat back, then certainly :D
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:46 am

i just hope the club don’t renege on the promise season ticket holders can have their old seats back, otherwise wow there will be hell on ........just saying
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 am

yorkshire stag wrote:i just hope the club don’t renege on the promise season ticket holders can have their old seats back, otherwise wow there will be hell on ........just saying

I can't think of one reason why they would backtrack. Effectively no season tickets will be used to gain entry during 20-21 so seating plans can be retained from 19-20. Pricing structures could change but seating plans will be unaffected.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:09 am

Popcorn, tar and feathers at the ready for Dave Wayne's answer :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:32 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:Popcorn, tar and feathers at the ready for Dave Wayne's answer :lol:

You just can't let it go can you ? ;) :lol:

Simple answer is that ST's were sold on the understanding that any matches we were unable to watch in person would be available on Ifollow so as we knew the T&Cs then no refunds should be offered.
This is the reason I made the decision to take the refund/discount that was offered for the current season. I didn't expect to have the option to attend any games in person this season so I felt that £375 was a bit too much to pay to watch from home. Quite happy with what I have received for my £285, even though I could have got the same for £230 buying individual match passes.

Not expecting anything other than full price for 2021/22 ST's as the current roadmap suggests we will be at a minimum of 4,000 capacity by then so no problem with access for ST holders. An early bird discount would be nice though. ;)

Hope this helps.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:37 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:Popcorn, tar and feathers at the ready for Dave Wayne's answer :lol:

Simple answer is that ST's were sold on the understanding that any matches we were unable to watch in person would be available on Ifollow so as we knew the T&Cs then no refunds should be offered.
This is the reason I made the decision to take the refund/discount that was offered for the current season. I didn't expect to have the option to attend any games in person this season so I felt that £375 was a bit too much to pay to watch from home. Quite happy with what I have received for my £285, even though I could have got the same for £230 buying individual match passes.

Not expecting anything other than full price for 2021/22 ST's as the current roadmap suggests we will be at a minimum of 4,000 capacity by then so no problem with access for ST holders. An early bird discount would be nice though. ;)

Hope this helps.

Boo :lol: I was hoping for some ammo :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Hope this helps.

Boo :lol: I was hoping for some ammo :lol:

Sorry to disappoint. :lol:
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:45 am

A goodwill gesture would be nice even if it’s a 10% off in the club shop rather than a season ticket discount.

The reality is we all knew the deal when we bought our season tickets. My philosophy was that the club has been there when I’ve needed it so I should be there when it needs me, albeit I know I’m in a privileged position to be able to afford to pay that it makes it more important so that the club is there for those who find themselves less fortunate.

So in summary I don’t expect anything from the club but if they want to surprise us it would be welcomed.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:02 pm

My view is i paid this year knowing the risk. I'd expect to pay full price next year but some kind of early bird offering for people who did renew this season would be nice. Doesnt have to be much but something maybe.

We all knew the risks this season, the club have no reason to refund anything and people should understand what they purchased.

I just want to be back in my normal seat in August when the season starts.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Thinking about it I think there should be an early deal otherwise many will hold out and see what the restrictions are before committing, maybe some sort of a deal would commit more people and the club can know budgets etc.?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:19 pm

Everybody's finances are different but the club has brought me a lot of pleasure over the years (and pain!) so I did not want a refund last season and I do not want one this season. I will also renew my season ticket for next season taking the risk that there may be further lockdowns.

I've saved a load of money not travelling to away games this season....although I've spent some of it on watching lots of other League 2 games on iFollow.

Other clubs have ring fenced money donated by fans and spent it on a project to improve the match day experience for fans. The fans were sometimes asked to vote on what the money should be spent on.

Lincoln City issued shares to fans.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:09 pm

I think the club should give something like £50 off to those who had season tickets for this year and didn’t get to see a match just as a thank you for their loyalty. Just an idea.

But we have to remember the club have lost thousands of pounds of income as well from this season.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:58 pm

If the club don't offer something to those who got a season ticket this year it really is a poor show in my opinion. The ticket costs have been the one thing the Radfords have consistently got very wrong in their tenure imo and a gesture to the fans who have supported the club in tough times surely isn't too much to ask is it.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gloryboy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:10 pm

Just a thought .....but if buying your ST was like almost any other element of the entertainment business then quite rightly you’d would expect and be entitled to some sort of refund. At the very least a credit to be used against a future purchase. If some STHs would like to forsake their refund then that should be their choice. It’s wholly inappropriate and misguided to make a comparison between ST holders and match day supporters versus the financial clout of the Radfords and the benefits (they hope) to enjoy from owning a football club. Let’s not get misty-eyed and sanctimonious about people’s motives for “supporting” their football club.
Gloryboy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:14 pm

Didn't bother this season..
Will definitely get one next season if I can have my usual seat back.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:If the club don't offer something to those who got a season ticket this year it really is a poor show in my opinion. The ticket costs have been the one thing the Radfords have consistently got very wrong in their tenure imo and a gesture to the fans who have supported the club in tough times surely isn't too much to ask is it.

i agree, the fans that purchased this season deserve a little something off next seasons prices
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:53 pm

Maybe the club could get in contact with other clubs when away fans can visit to allow 1 free ticket to an away game.

Or maybe let those that renewed have 1st 1st dibs on Cup tickets.

Or give them access to 1 free cup ticket.

Or free entry to friendlies.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Didn't bother this season..
Will definitely get one next season if I can have my usual seat back.

But what if you can't?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:50 pm

I didn’t renew this season, but I’ll definitely be renewing next season if things pan out as expected.

Not really fussed if I get my exact seat back or not, as long as it’s roughly in the same area.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Gloryboy wrote:Just a thought .....but if buying your ST was like almost any other element of the entertainment business then quite rightly you’d would expect and be entitled to some sort of refund. At the very least a credit to be used against a future purchase. If some STHs would like to forsake their refund then that should be their choice. It’s wholly inappropriate and misguided to make a comparison between ST holders and match day supporters versus the financial clout of the Radfords and the benefits (they hope) to enjoy from owning a football club. Let’s not get misty-eyed and sanctimonious about people’s motives for “supporting” their football club.

Yes, if people want to help the club financially then I'm all for it, but there are plenty of sponsorship opportunities which don't run the risk of making you look sanctimonious. If someone is offered the refund and doesn't need or want it, let them take it anyway and then sponsor a shirt or a match using the proceeds.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum