{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

4,000 capacity by mid May

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 4,000 capacity by mid May

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:16 pm

broomo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:
smulls wrote:Will you go to Field Mill, Broomo and Bear sometime or regularly? I am sure some (except TorryStag, BobbyStag, Norman and Parkinson's Perm) would Iove to meet you both!

I'll be there regularly. Massively looking forward to it.

Happy to meet ANYONE who thinks they can put up with me for more than 5 minutes.

The real question is will you attend after Clough has gone? ;)[/quote

Let me just change my last answer.

I'll be happy to meet anyone apart from the arses who use the fact I'm not a proper Mansfield fan to belittle my views.

Whether I attend after he's gone depends on how he goes and what my own relationship is with fans on here.

If either he or me starts getting stupidly insulted it makes it hard for me to hang around.
You are a Stags fan for now Broomo and that's all the matters. I think bobbys comment was more mischievous than serious so don't take it to heart.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
broomo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:
smulls wrote:Will you go to Field Mill, Broomo and Bear sometime or regularly? I am sure some (except TorryStag, BobbyStag, Norman and Parkinson's Perm) would Iove to meet you both!

Happy to meet ANYONE who thinks they can put up with me for more than 5 minutes.

I'll be happy to meet anyone apart from the arses who use the fact I'm not a proper Mansfield fan to belittle my views.

Whether I attend after he's gone depends on how he goes and what my own relationship is with fans on here.

If either he or me starts getting stupidly insulted it makes it hard for me to hang around.
You are a Stags fan for now Broomo and that's all the matters. I think bobbys comment was more mischievous than serious so don't take it to heart.

Hence the wink!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
broomo wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
broomo wrote:

[/quote

I didn't. I've got no problem with bobby at all.

There are only 2 on my list and neither of those 2 "proper' Stags fans can be bothered to travel to games as it's too far. Bless them.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:32 pm

If thats aimed at me well yes 1500 miles is a bit far
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby broomo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Torrystag wrote:If thats aimed at me well yes 1500 miles is a bit far

google Warsaw to Burton or Derby or Sheffield distance then tell me again I'm not a proper football fan.

Aeroplanes are a great invention for cutting down the time it would take to walk 1500 miles.

If you wanted to get here badly enough you would get here. I thought you'd mentioned you were retired and pretty well off?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:18 pm

broomo wrote:

google Warsaw to Burton or Derby or Sheffield distance then tell me again I'm not a proper football fan.

Aeroplanes are a great invention for cutting down the time it would take to walk 1500 miles.

If you wanted to get here badly enough you would get here. I thought you'd mentioned you were retired and pretty well off?

Is that the Polish Warsaw or the West Midlands one? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Dan wrote:
broomo wrote:

Polish, Dan
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby broomo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Dan wrote:
broomo wrote:

:D
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:06 am

Random Hero wrote:Back on topic - Get the Sandy Pate Bar open from the 12th April!

A bit of good weather, and loads of Stags fans will support it.

Much needed funds for the club in these times.

Would be like a normal match day, New inn for 11 and then ending up watching the game in the Sandy Pate :D
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Torrystag » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:31 am

broomo wrote:

Its good enough for mr and mrs radford ,are they not quite well off ,so its good enough for me
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:54 am

Torrystag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Its good enough for mr and mrs radford ,are they not quite well off ,so its good enough for me
Your support is appreciated too Torrystag.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:09 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Your support is appreciated too Torrystag.

Aye i know andy and thanks ,its been there for over 50 years and will be there till the wife uses my funeral plan :lol:
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby broomo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 am

Torrystag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Mr and Mrs Radford put in millions of pounds.

You watch an illegal stream to save a tenner.

Fair comparison?
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:47 am

broomo wrote:

Tad unfair, doesn't matter the distance or if you can afford it.

Someone who travels to every game, great distances to do so or just a quick walk down sheep bridge lane, or just gets to one game a season, are both fans in qual measure.

Doesn't matter how badly I want to travel to watch stags, the small amount of time I have per year to do so means missing out on family time I already don't get enough of, even if it is usually a three hour drive... iFollow this year has been very welcomed by supporters like me this year.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:54 am

Sedgwick wrote:
broomo wrote:

Someone who travels to every game, great distances to do so or just a quick walk down sheep bridge lane, or just gets to one game a season, are both fans in qual measure.

Doesn't matter how badly I want to travel to watch stags, the small amount of time I have per year to do so means missing out on family time I already don't get enough of, even if it is usually a three hour drive... iFollow this year has been very welcomed by supporters like me this year.

Fair enough.Good post.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:59 am

broomo wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
broomo wrote:

Fair enough.Good post.

have just read their digs though about you not being a stags fan... rubbish you're very welcome, always. :coys:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:06 pm

Iv had enough of back biting starting with belly boy and carried on by torystag who just rattles on, grow up this is supposed to be a fans forum talking football
not a debate on what is a Mansfield fan, i can tell you like the rest cheer the good times, and boo in the bad, they have good players when they win, and bad ones when they lose
and same with the manager, who to most makes bad decisions, that we can talk about on twitter, this is a typical football club, and i am sure to contribute on this forum you dont have to attend, every game. and if supporting Mansfield ticks your boxes, a big welcome awaits you, and a bumpy ride
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:18 pm

broomo wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Fair comparison?

Think youve confused him for me mate.....
Im usually the resident target for illegal streaming hate :lol:
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Torrystag » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:47 pm

broomo wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Fair comparison?

I have subscribed to the i follow package since its inception ,all perfectly legal so an apology for that slur would not go amiss ,as for the radfords putting in millions they own the club ,me im only a fan ,please get your facts right
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby broomo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Torrystag wrote:
broomo wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
broomo wrote:

Fair comparison?

I have subscribed to the i follow package since its inception ,all perfectly legal so an apology for that slur would not go amiss ,as for the radfords putting in millions they own the club ,me im only a fan ,please get your facts right

I apologise for THAT slur.

You compared your situation to the Radfords, i just questioned whether it was a fair comparison.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
broomo wrote:

Agree with this. I am a season ticket holder but a Saturday home game is a case of me gone from 12 noon (ish) to 7pm every 2 weeks - quite an ask of the family when working 8-10 hours a day during the week.

I will continue to get my season ticket but if iFollow continues for home games on a Saturday, I may be more inclined to ditch the journey up to Mansfield every now and again, and pay the £10 to watch it for 90 mins on the TV and not disrupt family life too much. Just don't tell the wife that the £10 is on top of the season ticket I've bought!!

Personally, I can't see the Saturday live games continuing once restrictions are lifted, for the same reasons we never had it before Covid. But if the evidence has shown the demand is there, who knows? I'd be interested to hear the lower league club's view on it, now it's actually happened. Yes they'd lose out on the £10-£20 I spend on food and drink, but I'd be buying an additional match pass.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
broomo wrote:

Agree with this. I am a season ticket holder but a Saturday home game is a case of me gone from 12 noon (ish) to 7pm every 2 weeks - quite an ask of the family when working 8-10 hours a day during the week.

I will continue to get my season ticket but if iFollow continues for home games on a Saturday, I may be more inclined to ditch the journey up to Mansfield every now and again, and pay the £10 to watch it for 90 mins on the TV and not disrupt family life too much. Just don't tell the wife that the £10 is on top of the season ticket I've bought!!

Personally, I can't see the Saturday live games continuing once restrictions are lifted, for the same reasons we never had it before Covid. But if the evidence has shown the demand is there, who knows? I'd be interested to hear the lower league club's view on it, now it's actually happened. Yes they'd lose out on the £10-£20 I spend on food and drink, but I'd be buying an additional match pass.

For the past 4-5 years Ive been working with various clubs working out how they can provide their own streaming service that's better than the one camera Ifollow service, Its been mostly championship sides, Leeds/Villa(before going up), Swansea, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley etc but we've started working with two league one clubs and one in league two for the first time about setting up a streaming service to better Ifollow.... unclear as to why they want it, either see it as a possibility for all fans in the future, hence investing heavily in it to improve on Ifollow or just want to upgrade the service for the overseas viewers which Id doubt post pandemic.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Once capacity is back up the law on 3pm Saturday kickoff will be back in effect.

I do seem to remember clubs being able to stream Tuesday night games though. I'd say that was a fair compromise. Not everyone can make the evening games.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Think tuesday away games were allowed ,but nothing else ,its great for me as i buy a seasons pass every year ,so get to see 46games every season ,cup games are different though ,no chance of watching them unless on sky or beeb pick us ,
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:25 pm

I am 55 and been invited for the jab , seems pretty quick .

I am not in Mansfield but some where the population is quite low.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum