{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Harrogate scorethread by first time visit

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Harrogate scorethread by first time visit

Postby part time pete » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:16 pm

Right lads and lasses, here we go for a first visit to Harrogate Town.

Lets hope young Nige can bring home three points.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Re: Harrogate scorethread by first time visit

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Had hoped at the start of the season we may be back in grounds for this.

Harrogate in similar form to us points wise over the last six games.

Expect a few changes, possibly Benning and O’Keeffe coming in, or Gordon if he’s fit. Sarkic too if fit enough.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Curry 9 Brace 7 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:09 pm

Seem to remember playing at Harrogate in FA Cup a few years ago, Buxton and Bap played . Harrogate Railway was it.?
Curry 9 Brace 7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby eggy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:33 pm

Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Seem to remember playing at Harrogate in FA Cup a few years ago, Buxton and Bap played . Harrogate Railway was it.?

Yep. Season we got relegated to the Conference, part of the run to the 4th round when we lost to Middlesbrough. Was on BBC I think.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:36 pm

Excited for this one

similar form to us over the last few games. Watched them twice this season and thought they looked bright and played ok football, bit like when barrow tore us apart (shudder)

Win or Draw
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Can we ask for a postponement ?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:44 pm

eggy wrote:
Curry 9 Brace 7 wrote:Seem to remember playing at Harrogate in FA Cup a few years ago, Buxton and Bap played . Harrogate Railway was it.?

Yep. Season we got relegated to the Conference, part of the run to the 4th round when we lost to Middlesbrough. Was on BBC I think.

Was that not Harrogate Railway Men or something
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 pm

The One wrote:
eggy wrote:

Harrogate Railway, we've not played at this harrogate town
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:20 pm

The One wrote:
eggy wrote:

Which Curry 9 Brace 7 said.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 pm

Hopefully the team gets changed for this one.

I’d go with

Stech/Stone (both on par with each other but stone probably could do with being taken out the limelight).
O’Keefe Perch (best games for MTFC been at CB) Sweeney Benning
Clarke Maris Law
Sinclair Bowery Sarkic

Should leave us a better bench able to make an impact.

Rawson, Quinn, McLaughlin, Reid
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:43 pm

Sod it a back 3

Stone

Perch Rawson sweeney
O'Keeffe Law
Maris Clarke
Sinclair
Reid Sarkic

Leaves on the bench: Stech, Benning, McLaughlin, Charsley, Quinn, Bowery. Maybe Gordon too.

Or 4-4-2

Stone
O'Keeffe Rawson Sweeney Benning
Sinclair Clarke Maris Law
Sarkic Reid

Same bench but Perch for Benning. I'd be more inclined to put Gordon right wing but Tuesday may be too soon for a start.

Or 4-2-3-1 we've been playing well with

Stone
O'Keeffe Rawson Sweeney Benning
Clarke Maris
Sinclair Sarkic Law
Reid

Bowery has looked absolutely knackered recently this is to give him a rest and not for any other reason.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:44 pm

I’d go with :

Stech

Gordon if fit (O’Keeffe if not)
Rawson
Sweeney
Benning

Maris
Clarke
Quinn

Sarkic
Reid
Bowery

Law and Sinclair played well when they came on but I wouldn’t be throwing them straight in from the start.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Why not? The players you picked played from the start and conceded 6 goals and scored 2 in 2 games. Can Law and Sinclair do worse? Sinclair put better set piece delivery in than anyone else has recently. We've got 4-5 weeks of 2 games a week. No time like the present for rotating the squad. We will burnout at this rate and start losing games like we have the last 2. So as far as I'm concerned I'm happy to try some of the kids from the start and may e lose a couple of games now to get first teamers a rest. The young lads will be better off for it and if it goes horribly wrong we have fresh 1st teamers ready to come in.

Now is a good time to chuck them in. We're comfortable in the league, 1st team has players who have played loads of minutes and are drained.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Why not? The players you picked played from the start and conceded 6 goals and scored 2 in 2 games. Can Law and Sinclair do worse? Sinclair put better set piece delivery in than anyone else has recently. We've got 4-5 weeks of 2 games a week. No time like the present for rotating the squad. We will burnout at this rate and start losing games like we have the last 2. So as far as I'm concerned I'm happy to try some of the kids from the start and may e lose a couple of games now to get first teamers a rest. The young lads will be better off for it and if it goes horribly wrong we have fresh 1st teamers ready to come in.

Now is a good time to chuck them in. We're comfortable in the league, 1st team has players who have played loads of minutes and are drained.

They both made positive contributions when they came on for sure, but the game was at a stage where we were pushing hard to get back in the game and Cambridge were happy to sit and contain. How would the two youngster fair when playing from the start? I guess we won’t know unless you give it a try.

I’m not wholly against them starting, it just wouldn’t be my preference.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:05 pm

5 changes including in goal and a 0-0 draw.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:09 pm

I went to watch Harrogate Town of National League North play Bridlington Town from Northern Counties East (Step 5) in September 2016 in a FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Replay. Harrogate had equalised in the 86th minute at Bridlington in the first game. It was a nightmare to park in the streets near the ground due to parking restrictions. The game was played in foggy conditions on Harrogate's plastic pitch. Harrogate were 2-0 up and cruising on 51 minutes with former Crawley player, Jon-Paul Pittman, scoring the first goal. However Bridlington made a comeback and pulled it back to 2-2 in the 86th minute. Chib Chilaka then scored the winner for Harrogate in the 89th minute. Attendance: 446

I had visited Harrogate Railway Athletic in the NCEL a few weeks earlier when they were hammered 7-0 by Handsworth Parramore with Ollerton's Kieran Wells bagging a brace. Attendance: 99

The good old days when you could do a bit of spontaneous groundhopping after a quick glance at the fixtures.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Stech

O'Keeffe
Rawson
Perch
Law

Sinclair
Maris
Clarke
Quinn

Reid
Bowery

Sweeney. McLaughlin, Stone and Charsley have deserved to be dropped out.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:42 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Why not? The players you picked played from the start and conceded 6 goals and scored 2 in 2 games. Can Law and Sinclair do worse? Sinclair put better set piece delivery in than anyone else has recently. We've got 4-5 weeks of 2 games a week. No time like the present for rotating the squad. We will burnout at this rate and start losing games like we have the last 2. So as far as I'm concerned I'm happy to try some of the kids from the start and may e lose a couple of games now to get first teamers a rest. The young lads will be better off for it and if it goes horribly wrong we have fresh 1st teamers ready to come in.

They both made positive contributions when they came on for sure, but the game was at a stage where we were pushing hard to get back in the game and Cambridge were happy to sit and contain. How would the two youngster fair when playing from the start? I guess we won’t know unless you give it a try.

I know it was a dead rubber but Sinclair & Law both had good games when they started against the Scunts in the EFL Trophy.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I know it was a dead rubber but Sinclair & Law both had good games when they started against the Scunts in the EFL Trophy.

They did.

I’m a fan of Sinclair, probably not seen enough of Law to make a judgement. Like I say, if they do start then fair enough, I have no big issue with it.

Something worth mentioning re giving the youngster a go, both I believe are out of contract in the summer. Particularly in Sinclair’s case, I would hope the club have sounded out whether he is open to signing a new deal here, with his Dad being involved at Vale now and Flitcroft. It would be a bit frustrating if we do give him a few games and it just ends up being experience he can utilise with another club.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:50 pm

Bowrey Sarkic

Law Clarke Quinn Gordon

Benning Sweeney Rawson O'Keefe

Stech

Why not... Sinclair for Gordon if he's not fit, got to give them a chance sometime
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:58 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I’d go with :

Stech

Gordon if fit (O’Keeffe if not)
Rawson
Sweeney
Benning

Maris
Clarke
Quinn

Sarkic
Reid
Bowery

Law and Sinclair played well when they came on but I wouldn’t be throwing them straight in from the start.

I will go with that.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:57 am

Can see this being another capitulation, either from the start or from cruising at 2-0 up with 15m to go. Either way if Harrogate score we'll crap our pants. Been symptomatic of our season thus far.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:06 pm

I would give Perch a rest as a lot of goals have come from his side O'Keeffe in his place..Certainly give Sinclair a start as he gives the team something different.We just need to stay up and get some better players in during the summer.BoweryCharsley and Reid not good enough for a promotion push.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:43 pm

I don't know if NC plays a back 3 but if so the current squad looks better balanced with 3.

Stone
Perch, Rawson, Sweeney
Gordon (or Sinclair), Benning
Clarke, Quinn, Maris
Reid, Bowery
Last edited by Rob on Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:10 pm

I think this is a great chance for us to freshen it up, I’d start Stech, Benning, Law, Sarvic and Sinclair.

Stech
Gordon Rawson Sweeney Benning
Sinclair Clarke Maris law sarvic
Bowery

O keefe of Gordon isn’t fit and give Reid a chance to rest (not because of his performances)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum