{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pitch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pitch

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:40 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Absolute joke.

What is? The postponement. Pitch is a shambles.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:41 pm

Notts gone too. People are really underestimating the weather. Look at the photos coming out of both clubs.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:43 pm

wink68 wrote:Games off at Rotherham and Chesterfield. Must be a bit of rain in the air. Or does Mez do their grounds as well.

Mez strikes again. County off.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:44 pm

Dan wrote:Notts gone too. People are really underestimating the weather. Look at the photos coming out of both clubs.

I think you’re probably right based upon today’s weather.

Our pitch has been dreadful all season though which has fuelled my frustrations and probably a few others
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:No he isn’t. He asking why it happened abs offered a number of possibilities

The phrase ‘What have they been arsing around at for four years’ sounds pretty blame laden to me.

We are all frustrated at the postponement but sometimes it’s just nature and life kicking back. Water tables are very high at the moment and water just isn’t draining away quickly.

Don’t talk about me in the third person.

I asked the question as to the strategy of the club. Is there a consultant brought in ? Who makes the decisions on the playing surface being relaid ?

I don’t understand your point about talking about you in the third person. I haven’t. On that point perhaps if you had been clearer in your original post, we may not have got to this stage. As far as I understand it, the ground staff are the members of the club who are responsible for the pitch so your complaint would fall on their shoulders. Obviously the CO and board would have to ok the budget but would hopefully be guided by the ground staff.

Whilst having no desire to enter a tit for tat about this I honestly can’t see the difference.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:02 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:The weather has been crap here for a couple of weeks, snow, ice, sleet and rain... what do you expect.

Pity, I was expecting Akins to make his debut ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Waterlogged pitch

Postby calvostag38 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:03 pm

I have just read that Ian Evatt is fuming that tonight's is off. First of all, because he lives in Chesterfield, lives 20 minutes away, he can't understand why the game wasn't called off this morning, so they wouldn't have to pay for a pre match meal. He can't believe that we have disrupted his training schedule. What a shame for your little pathetic world Mr Evatt. A game of football has been postponed, not the end of the world, as it certainly has been for over 100,000 poor Covid victims. Get a grip lad, you will just have to wait e few days longer for us to thrash the living daylights out of you. Stop whingeing, stop moaning and blaming, it's not life or death.....mug!
calvostag38
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Waterlogged pitch

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:07 pm

:)

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n-19755956

Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:07 pm

wink68 wrote:
wink68 wrote:Games off at Rotherham and Chesterfield. Must be a bit of rain in the air. Or does Mez do their grounds as well.

Mez strikes again. County off.

Well, well, well who'd have thought it, another pitch local that's taken a drenching.
Their's normally drains into the Trent but it is bursting it's banks, anyone would think it has been raining heavily :lol: :lol: :lol:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:10 pm

Spireite belter.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:12 pm

That’s cheered me up.

Why are they staying in a hotel? It’s not far is it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:13 pm

Dirty Spireite blueberry :evil:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:14 pm

Diddums
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:15 pm

He’s the most insufferable manager in the league. Watched a few of his interviews this season and he really does think he’s something special. Unfortunately for him he’s signed about 30 galacticos and they’re at in 19th.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:16 pm

He does like a whinge doesn't he, damned if you do, damned if you don't - should have played it last Wednesday but that wasn't good enough either, anyone would think they are a decent team flying high in the football pyramid, oh yes that was 'once upon a time'.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:18 pm

He’s desperate to avoid the sack if they don’t go up this year.

It’s the equivalent of coming up with excuses why you didn’t do your homework. Throw in some red herrings and you may get away with it.

P45 incoming me thinks.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:26 pm

So last week it was called off early and he moans, This week late and he moans some more
Bipolar raspberry
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:27 pm

Sorry but he has a point ,many on here were saying it would be off but it was still on late this afternoon , very shoddy
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Evatt last week: "game called too early at 1.30pm, should have waited. We spent money on food and hotels not happy. don't want to play tomorrow the missus is being sheared."

Evatt this evening: "game called off too late, should have called it earlier like 12.30. We wasted money on hotels and food again. Not happy."
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:31 pm

Torrystag wrote:Sorry but he has a point ,many on here were saying it would be off but it was still on late this afternoon , very shoddy

And then it hammered it down, crap happens.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:32 pm

calvostag38 wrote:I have just read that Ian Evatt is fuming that tonight's is off. First of all, because he lives in Chesterfield, lives 20 minutes away, he can't understand why the game wasn't called off this morning, so they wouldn't have to pay for a pre match meal. He can't believe that we have disrupted his training schedule. What a shame for your little pathetic world Mr Evatt. A game of football has been postponed, not the end of the world, as it certainly has been for over 100,000 poor Covid victims. Get a grip lad, you will just have to wait e few days longer for us to thrash the living daylights out of you. Stop whingeing, stop moaning and blaming, it's not life or death.....mug!

Why is he blaming MTFC. Not down to us to call a game off or not. 100% the officials decision. Either the match ref or a local ref consulting with the match ref.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:33 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Evatt last week: "game called too early at 1.30pm, should have waited. We spent money on food and hotels not happy. don't want to play tomorrow the missus is being sheared."

Evatt this evening: "game called off too late, should have called it earlier like 12.30. We wasted money on hotels and food again. Not happy."

Had a chance to play next day but refused
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:35 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Torrystag wrote:Sorry but he has a point ,many on here were saying it would be off but it was still on late this afternoon , very shoddy

Yes we know that but if it happened to us we would scream like banshees
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:35 pm

They keep on on t'radio how bad the rain is at St Andrews and could be abandoned. Merriman what are you playing at ? :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Yes we know that but if it happened to us we would scream like banshees

Monsoon season :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum