{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wanderer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wander

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:40 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Torrystag wrote:We have got the best midfield in league two ,with lapslie ,our front two are not prolific ,they really dont need to be ,reid has come o leaps and bounds bowery has re,invented himself the manager just needs to keep it going ,he would not have came here if we were such a poor proposition ,

We ars not a poor proposition but it seems Nigel thinks our subs bench is?

Its obvious really
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Torrystag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Torrystag wrote:It was as bad as ive seen ,no
Comment needed

Complete over reaction. I've seen hundreds of games where we have been far worse. We played well to get into a 2-0 lead over big spending Bolton Wanderers and played well until 79 minutes but we could not see the game out due to a bit of bad luck and some good play. We are going in the right direction.

Over reaction of the century! Jeez, we narrowly lost after 8 games unbeatable in the league. Start of December we were 23rd. I'm as gutted as anyone to lose that but some perspective please.

Perspective is no team should lose at home after being two nil up with 20 minutes to go ,we were fine and dictating the game so to concede 3 in 20 minutes is abysmal ,i know nigel said you cant legislate for flukes or unfortunate deflections but the mindset just went as one poster ,think it was spbs said once they equalized it was obvious they would get a third ,but its done now ,we are still in a good position and still hopeful of a play off spot personally

I must agree two errors cost us the game, or some would say bad luck, teams do lose after being 2-0 up, as for the playoffs, are you watching the same team as me, their is not enough quality to go on a run it would take to do that. losing 3 prominent players would always have a effect on the team, but they still have performed well and the Cambridge game will be another milestone. The staff at the club will have accessed the capability's of the present squad,and decided throwing money on a gamble not in the best interest of the club,
So we are sticking and see where that takes us, i would leave it to the manager about subs, sometime they work, sometimes they dont, i would think we wont go up, and we wont go non league, and a good summer on a even playing field looks good to me
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:18 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Comment needed

Complete over reaction. I've seen hundreds of games where we have been far worse. We played well to get into a 2-0 lead over big spending Bolton Wanderers and played well until 79 minutes but we could not see the game out due to a bit of bad luck and some good play. We are going in the right direction.

Over reaction of the century! Jeez, we narrowly lost after 8 games unbeatable in the league. Start of December we were 23rd. I'm as gutted as anyone to lose that but some perspective please.

Perspective is no team should lose at home after being two nil up with 20 minutes to go ,we were fine and dictating the game so to concede 3 in 20 minutes is abysmal ,i know nigel said you cant legislate for flukes or unfortunate deflections but the mindset just went as one poster ,think it was spbs said once they equalized it was obvious they would get a third ,but its done now ,we are still in a good position and still hopeful of a play off spot personally

I must agree two errors cost us the game, or some would say bad luck, teams do lose after being 2-0 up, as for the playoffs, are you watching the same team as me, their is not enough quality to go on a run it would take to do that. losing 3 prominent players would always have a effect on the team, but they still have performed well and the Cambridge game will be another milestone. The staff at the club will have accessed the capability's of the present squad,and decided throwing money on a gamble not in the best interest of the club,
So we are sticking and see where that takes us, i would leave it to the manager about subs, sometime they work, sometimes they dont, i would think we wont go up, and we wont go non league, and a good summer on a even playing field looks good to me

We've just been on that very kind of run. P-8, W-5, D-2, L-1 = 17 points. Do that twice more and we are on 68 points with three games to go.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:32 pm

bear 73 wrote:
Torrystag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Comment needed

I agree in many respects. Putting it slightly in stronger terms, the decision was made in January to not gamble on the playoffs.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum