{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wanderer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Trotters scorefred sponsored by The Moaning Sheep Wander

Postby Torrystag » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:52 pm

It was as bad as ive seen ,no
Comment needed
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Football can be a very cruel game at times. We played really well for 79 minutes and should have seen the game out. We ought to have 6 points from Col U and Bolton but only have 1 point. We are going in the right direction though.

If we had won tonight, I might have fancied us winning the league :)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Torrystag » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 pm

We pissed it for 50 odd minutes then total collapse
Torrystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:55 pm

Torrystag wrote:It was as bad as ive seen ,no
Comment needed

Complete over reaction. I've seen hundreds of games where we have been far worse. We played well to get into a 2-0 lead over big spending Bolton Wanderers and played well until 79 minutes but we could not see the game out due to a bit of bad luck and some good play. We are going in the right direction.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:00 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Comment needed

Complete over reaction. I've seen hundreds of games where we have been far worse. We played well to get into a 2-0 lead over big spending Bolton Wanderers and played well until 79 minutes but we could not see the game out due to a bit of bad luck and some good play. We are going in the right direction.

Agree Darren.

I think some post in the heat of the moment so best to give them a bit of slack. But that was our best performance (for the majority of the game), since Oldham away (when we were equally sloppy on the last few minutes but didn’t get punished)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:01 pm

Devastated
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Comment needed

Over reaction of the century! Jeez, we narrowly lost after 8 games unbeatable in the league. Start of December we were 23rd. I'm as gutted as anyone to lose that but some perspective please.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:15 pm

It's all still there for the taking. Most of us would have settled for 50 points and safety after the terrible start. I'm sure Nigel Clough will strengthen the squad further in the summer.

Bolton fans were saying we were the best side until they scored.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm

What hurts most is that most of their better players on the night have spent time on our books. I think they may have raised their games against their old club which is something a lot of players do.

Evatt is still a grade one tool though.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It's all still there for the taking. Most of us would have settled for 50 points and safety after the terrible start. I'm sure Nigel Clough will strengthen the squad further in the summer.

Bolton fans were saying we were the best side until they scored.

This is the thing. 50 points and survival was Nigels remit, a total coughlan would've found unacheivable. Next season is when we should hope for better.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:22 pm

Unsung hero was Sweeney, a really solid game, can see what Quinn is bringing to the team, he's never far away from the ball no matter where it is. Bowery just seems to be missing that spring in his step that Reid shows.
Disappointed in Mal regards second goal, need to look again but if your on the near post for a corner or cross it shouldn't go past you. The pitch is a concern for Saturday, I was fuming Bolton were warming up pre game on the worst patch of the pitch near the west stand. It's churned up exactly were they did running up and down.
Probably should of waited til tomorrow to post.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:27 pm

No, they're fair points.
I agree.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:39 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

We don't want to see their smug mugs.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

We don't want to see their smug mugs.

There was only one of them :D

Alex wasn’t smug though to be fair, very level headed.
Myself, just bald headed! :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:00 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:08 pm

They successfully exploited us down their left-hand side after we went 2-0 up. At least four times, we gave them too much space and they used it to their advantage very well. Hope Clough can sort it out.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

They'd have never said those things if they'd lost ... rissoles.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:27 pm

I just find it gutting that the last two games we have not been able to hold onto a lead, that is what concerns me, and this is just against average teams. The sooner we get to 50 points the better. Cambridge, Harrogate, Morecambe and Bradford are the next four games, how many points do you see coming from those?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:35 pm

Looking at their winner that looks like a slight deflection to me
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 pm

1970Stag wrote:I just find it gutting that the last two games we have not been able to hold onto a lead, that is what concerns me, and this is just against average teams. The sooner we get to 50 points the better. Cambridge, Harrogate, Morecambe and Bradford are the next four games, how many points do you see coming from those?

Last time we lost in the league we took 10 points from the next 4 games. I'll settle for that. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 pm

1970Stag wrote:I just find it gutting that the last two games we have not been able to hold onto a lead, that is what concerns me, and this is just against average teams. The sooner we get to 50 points the better. Cambridge, Harrogate, Morecambe and Bradford are the next four games, how many points do you see coming from those?

Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Harry Charsley is partly to blame for the first Bolton goal. He gets sucked inside instead of going with Declan John but it is a fluke goal.

The second goal is a bad mistake by Mal Benning. He should be clearing that all day long.

The third goal is due to not man to man marking. George Maris drops too deep into the penalty area marking nobody which was not necessary. He should have been getting closer to Arthur Gnahoua along with James Perch.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:11 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:53 pm

A very disappointing result after playing well for 79 minutes. We should have seen the game out and we ought to have 6 points from the Col U and Bolton games but we end up with 1 point. We are going in the right direction though and I'm sure Nigel Clough will make us stronger.

There were plenty of positives. All the players put in good performances. Stephen Mclaughlin and Stephen Quinn were excellent down the left hand side and they both had their best games for the Stags. McLaughlin was my Man of the Match followed by Jamie Reid, Stephen Quinn and Ollie Clarke. It was a lovely assist by Stephen Quinn for the second goal and a clinical finish by Jamie Reid. Ollie Clarke had a very good 2nd half. I think he sometimes needs the first half to warm up but he seems to get stronger as the game goes on. He has a great engine.

Ryan Sweeney had a good game in defence and made some good blocks. Farrend Rawson had a quieter game because he did not have to make as many defensive headers as usual. James Perch was very good at right back. George Maris and Harry Charsley were also good on the ball. Jordan Bowery and Jamie Reid worked really hard up front although Jordan Bowery has lost a bit of his sharpness in front of goal. He should have scored in the first half with his shot from the left.

I do not blame Aidan Stone for the first goal. I think he has done well in goal since he has come in. He made an excellent last minute save at Oldham to win us the game and he also made a good save late on against Col U and then claimed the corner ball. He also made a good save in the 2nd half with his legs against Bolton.

Ironically Bolton subbed their two most dangerous players, Dappy and Maddison, and ended up winning the game.

Harry Charsley is partly to blame for the first Bolton goal. He gets sucked inside instead of going with Declan John but it is a fluke goal. The second goal is a bad mistake by Mal Benning. He should be clearing that all day long. The third goal is due to not man to man marking. George Maris drops too deep into the penalty area which was not necessary. He should have been getting closer to Arthur Gnahoua along with James Perch.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum