{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League Two Research Study

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

League Two Research Study

Postby Univer5ity_Student » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Good evening Mansfield Town supporters. I am a third-year university student currently completing my dissertation and as part of my research project, titled ‘Exploring Stadium Naming Rights in Football’, I am aiming to gain perspectives from as many League Two supporters as possible. Subsequently, I would be very grateful if users could take five minutes to complete the survey that I have linked below. I have gained permission from the admin (Martin Shaw) to publish this survey, but if you have any questions you would like to ask before completing it, I am happy to answer these.

https://ucw.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/explori ... n-football

Many thanks,
Univer5ity_Student
Univer5ity_Student
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: League Two Research Study

Postby smulls » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Done :mansfield_till_i_die:
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Univer5ity_Student wrote:Good evening Mansfield Town supporters. I am a third-year university student currently completing my dissertation and as part of my research project, titled ‘Exploring Stadium Naming Rights in Football’, I am aiming to gain perspectives from as many League Two supporters as possible. Subsequently, I would be very grateful if users could take five minutes to complete the survey that I have linked below. I have gained permission from the admin (Martin Shaw) to publish this survey, but if you have any questions you would like to ask before completing it, I am happy to answer these.

Many thanks,
Univer5ity_Student

Done, though most of my answers were the same, stadium sponsorship brings in money to clubs to secure their future and retain competitiveness. I would love Field Mill to always be called Field Mill (and I always will) but I completely accept the need for sponsorship.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Done
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Rob wrote:
Univer5ity_Student wrote:Good evening Mansfield Town supporters. I am a third-year university student currently completing my dissertation and as part of my research project, titled ‘Exploring Stadium Naming Rights in Football’, I am aiming to gain perspectives from as many League Two supporters as possible. Subsequently, I would be very grateful if users could take five minutes to complete the survey that I have linked below. I have gained permission from the admin (Martin Shaw) to publish this survey, but if you have any questions you would like to ask before completing it, I am happy to answer these.

Many thanks,
Univer5ity_Student

Done, though most of my answers were the same, stadium sponsorship brings in money to clubs to secure their future and retain competitiveness. I would love Field Mill to always be called Field Mill (and I always will) but I completely accept the need for sponsorship.

I've just completed the survey to the very same effect Rob without having seen yours. It will always be Field Mill to me whatever sponsorship calls it.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Done, always glad to help someone at my old University. Is the student union bar stilled called the Dive? What about the smaller back bar, I'm guessing it's still not called the Shakin' Stevens Bar anymore?

£1 for a pint of Flowers Bitter. Lovely jubbly!
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:25 pm

BilsthorpeStag wrote:Done, always glad to help someone at my old University. Is the student union bar stilled called the Dive? What about the smaller back bar, I'm guessing it's still not called the Shakin' Stevens Bar anymore?

Shakin' Stevens Bar :lol:

Did it have a green door and the bar lady was called Julie?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 pm

Done.Agree with Rob and most other fans.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Rob wrote:
BilsthorpeStag wrote:Done, always glad to help someone at my old University. Is the student union bar stilled called the Dive? What about the smaller back bar, I'm guessing it's still not called the Shakin' Stevens Bar anymore?

Shakin' Stevens Bar :lol:

Did it have a green door and the bar lady was called Julie?

Yes, she dwove you cwazy :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:40 pm

Done.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Done. A really interesting topic actually. I will never be one to get behind sponsored stadiums. Field Mill is the oldest professional stadium in the world, arguably the towns most famous and historic venue, and should never be called anything different.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Done. A really interesting topic actually. I will never be one to get behind sponsored stadiums. Field Mill is the oldest professional stadium in the world, arguably the towns most famous and historic venue, and should never be called anything different.

As a football traditionalist I understand your point, but post JR the money brought in via sponsorship could keep the club alive. I will always call our ground Field Mill, but I also accept, understand and support Onecalls sponsorship. JR has pumped millions into our club and removed all trace of Haslam, I think calling our stadium Onecall at Field Mill is absolutely acceptable. It's an interesting debate though because if he changed our home kit to red shirts I'd want him hung from one of those trees on the Bishop :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:00 am

Rob wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Done. A really interesting topic actually. I will never be one to get behind sponsored stadiums. Field Mill is the oldest professional stadium in the world, arguably the towns most famous and historic venue, and should never be called anything different.

As a football traditionalist I understand your point, but post JR the money brought in via sponsorship could keep the club alive. I will always call our ground Field Mill, but I also accept, understand and support Onecalls sponsorship. JR has pumped millions into our club and removed all trace of Haslam, I think calling our stadium Onecall at Field Mill is absolutely acceptable. It's an interesting debate though because if he changed our home kit to red shirts I'd want him hung from one of those trees on the Bishop :lol:

Yeah it is a tricky balance. At least with JR we see money being spent on players rather than another way to line the Chairmans pockets like other clubs. I just do not think it necessary. Personally would prefer us to spend a bit less on players but maintain that identity, although I can see why others may disagree. Football Grounds should be offered a lot more protection to prevent them being destroyed, renamed or unnecessarily altered in my point of view.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Univer5ity_Student » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 am

Thanks for completing the survey, really appreciate it! The SU bar is now called 'The Hangar', as for Shakin' Stevens Bar.....I can't say I've ever heard of it so I think they've renamed it, although it sounds brilliant :lol: It's been a while since I've actually been on campus so I'll have to have a look next time I go to the SU :D
Univer5ity_Student
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bros » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 am

It's a way of getting round FFP rules by making it sponsorship rather than loans. Most clubs at our level have renamed their grounds, the best being the johnny Rocks Stadium. I'm surprised Mardy Lane hasn't been renamed the Zimmer. com Stadium
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby acasman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:25 pm

I actually googled the Jonny Rocks name as I was so intrigued when I watched the game. My responses similar to most of you above. Field Mill for me.
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum