{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Rollin Menayese to Grimsby on loan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Rollin Menayese to Grimsby on loan

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:53 pm

Lucky for you then Darren that you'll be able to watch him get sent off at FM on ifollow eh! Then you'll be able replay it over and over and over again :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:13 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Luke Waterfall is a solid League 2 defender with a bit of an edge who has over 200 league games under his belt for Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Grimsby. I'm sure Rollin will benefit playing with him even if it is just to make him a bit nastier and try and bully forwards more. He can also help him improve his water bottle throwing skills.

I'm going to miss seeing Luke Waterfall getting sent off again at Field Mill this season. :lol:

I'm not doubting his experience, but Waterfall loses his head too often, hence the red cards. A young defender like Rollin needs to learn how to keep a cool head under pressure, both with the ball and without it. Waterfall is also inevitably more prone to mistakes than he once was, so hardly a great footballing role model either.

If Rollin is looking to follow a defensive example, my advice would be "don't go chasing Waterfall" :D
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Rollin Menayese is doing well at Grimsby. Four clean sheets in a row. Paul Hurst is interested in signing him permanently.

He's got his stolen car back as well.

"Grimsby Town boss Paul Hurst has said he would consider signing Rollin Menayese permanently this summer. The defender is currently on loan with the Mariners from fellow League Two club Mansfield, where he is under contract until 2022. Menayese has impressed with his performances for Town in recent weeks, and has improved game upon game to the point where he was named man of the match during Tuesday’s crucial win over Barrow. And given he has found himself down the pecking order at Field Mill, he could well prove to be an option for Hurst during this summer’s transfer window.

Asked whether he would consider signing Menayese permanently this summer, Hurst said: “Possibly. He’s certainly got some of the attributes that I would look for in a player. In truth, that’s a long way off. I genuinely haven’t spoken to Rollin about whether he would consider us, and obviously our situation is uncertain. We’ll clearly look at that at some point, but I just want him to concentrate on doing well at the minute. If Mansfield look at him and think he’s doing a good job, which we do, sometimes it’s not about that, he just might not fit for them. We’ll have to see. He just needs to keep concentrating on what he’s doing. Then, whether it’s for Mansfield or us, or others watching, it’ll give him more options.”

Hurst added: “The reason we brought him to the club is because we felt he could be a good player for us, and naturally it takes a little bit of time to settle in. His mobility perhaps helps us play higher up the pitch, particularly when Elliott (Hewitt)’s in there as well, and they’ve formed, albeit not a long partnership, but one that’s given its rewards as part of a team effort. He’s just feeling more confident. I said from the start when he came in, the situation that we’re in, that didn’t put any doubt in his mind. He just wanted to come and play football.”

Menayese’s commanding performance at Holker Street in midweek was made all the more impressive by the fact he’d spent much of pre-match with his mind on other matters, having had his car stolen the night before the Barrow clash - the 23-year-old has since had it returned safely.

“He’s a really nice lad, and I was worried about him the other night because he’d had a personal issue going into the game, and clearly his head was a bit all over the place,” Hurst said. “I didn’t have too many options in truth and he was playing anyway, and I was thinking this could go one of two ways – thankfully, it went a good way! That showed a maturity for a young player, and the fact that he’s got that ability to make sure he’s right and ready to perform for us.”

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/spor ... er-5231591
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Great to see him doing well and I am sure NC will want to take a look at him in pre-season.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum