{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JIMMY KNOWLES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby chip63 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:29 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:


Does this mean knowles is starting the game, I also thought Clough was at the county spirite game?
Might not be knowles he's looking at really.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 pm

chip63 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:


Does this mean knowles is starting the game, I also thought Clough was at the county spirite game?
Might not be knowles he's looking at really.


this is more of what Clough said: Nigel Clough on Jimmy Knowles:
“I’m actually going to attend Stockport versus Notts County to see Jimmy Knowles, because we’ve not seen him yet. It gives me a chance to see him, because obviously we have a recall on him if we wish.
"He's not had quite the minutes we hoped he would, but Notts have had a good run so it's understandable."

It's an FA Trophy game rather than a league game, so that is probably why Knowles is expected to start.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21988
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby chip63 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 pm

Cheers. I'm really hoping he comes back and Clough works his magic on him.
i shall look to see if it's live reporting anywhere.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:54 pm

chip63 wrote:Cheers. I'm really hoping he comes back and Clough works his magic on him.
i shall look to see if it's live reporting anywhere.

you can watch the full game if you wish
https://www.stockportcounty.com/fa-trop ... 20-3pm-ko/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21988
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:15 am

They’ve just signed two players so I’d be amazed if Jimmy plays tbh. Unless NC has been assured he will start. It might be off yet anyway.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:22 am

Dan wrote:They’ve just signed two players so I’d be amazed if Jimmy plays tbh. Unless NC has been assured he will start. It might be off yet anyway.


Ardley will know that patience is running thin ("He's not had quite the minutes we hoped he would"-Clough), so if the game goes ahead, and Knowles doesn't start in an FA Trophy game, I'd fully expect him to be recalled. If Ardley wants to keep Knowles, he has no choice but to start him in this game. Knowles has to be getting games if he is going to progress, and if that has to be at another club, then so be it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21988
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:48 am

If Jim's not getting starts with Clownty he should be taken back. Would it be ok to send him to a small club like Chesterfield.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 22580
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby chip63 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 am

If I sponsored jimmys stags away shirt do I get a mention if he's substituted for county?
I would certainly have the word Stags in my name.
Thinking of sponsoring one of the young uns shirts, was looking at smiths shirt for alty but doesn't seem right, even though I was going to put my name down with stags in it.
Probably best to wait til transfer windows finished first though.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Knowles is starting for County.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby chip63 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Knowles is starting for County.


Really tempted to watch it but at £7.50 I'd be gutted if county win.
If they lost 5-3 and knowles scored a hat trick I'd be happy to pay.
Also if Clough was in the commentary box I'd pay.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:09 pm

chip63 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Knowles is starting for County.


Really tempted to watch it but at £7.50 I'd be gutted if county win.
If they lost 5-3 and knowles scored a hat trick I'd be happy to pay.
Also if Clough was in the commentary box I'd pay.


County will definitely win today.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8860
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:41 pm

Knowles’ goal per minute in the league is one every 88mins. That’s very good but from mostly sub appearances.

Think he’s scored a couple in the cups too
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Clough press conference Fri 15 Jan

Postby chip63 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Knowles scored 32mins. 1-1
Not watching.
chip63
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:46 pm

I saw NC was at Stockport today to watch Jimmy - he scored and looking at Notts forum had an excellent game. Will be interesting to see if he's brought back.....it was an FA Trophy game.

I think Notts are playing on Tuesday in the league - if he doesn't start that cant see much point him staying there if NC see him in his plans
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby The One » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:04 pm

See NC press conference thread
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12720
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:08 pm

The One wrote:See NC press conference thread


no thanks, what’s been said youth ?
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10933
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby The One » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
The One wrote:See NC press conference thread


no thanks, what’s been said youth ?


That he played scored NC there
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12720
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:25 pm

The point I was making was that he also put in a man of the match performance in front of NC.

Will be interesting to see if he’s played his way back into Nigel’s plans for the second half of the season.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:55 pm

yorkstag wrote:The point I was making was that he also put in a man of the match performance in front of NC.

Will be interesting to see if he’s played his way back into Nigel’s plans for the second half of the season.

I would imagine knowing NC was watching made Jimmy play even better. It must give you a lift. He must want to play for his parent club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4203
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:33 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21988
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:38 pm

in Ardley's post match interview, he said along the lines of Knowles' finishing has never been in doubt, it's what he does between both boxes that he needs to work on.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21988
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:


:D The way he potted that in to the bag was brilliant :) is he related to Tony Knowles who i had the pleasure of watching at Prestatyn in the early 80s and he made the best century i have ever seen :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6662
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:02 am

A very calm and assured finish. I particularly liked the way he just quietly moved away from his man in the build up and created a bit of space for himself. It just shows you don’t have to be all bustle and pushing yourself forward and sometimes the nonchalant and casual approach can get results as you don’t get your movement noticed by the defender.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4261
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:12 am

Martin Shaw wrote:in Ardley's post match interview, he said along the lines of Knowles' finishing has never been in doubt, it's what he does between both boxes that he needs to work on.


Here's what Ardley said:

"Jimmy Knowles is a smashing lad, really eager to learn and work and it was really pleasing.

"He asked me what he had to do to get in the team, but I have never had any doubt what he can do when we get in and around the box.

"He's a natural goalscorer, especially with that right-foot of his.

"It's just about understanding the game between the boxes that we are working on with him to make sure he is strong in those areas.

"I am delighted because we are going to need him over the next six to eight weeks with the games we have got.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 21988
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:17 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:in Ardley's post match interview, he said along the lines of Knowles' finishing has never been in doubt, it's what he does between both boxes that he needs to work on.


Here's what Ardley said:

"Jimmy Knowles is a smashing lad, really eager to learn and work and it was really pleasing.

"He asked me what he had to do to get in the team, but I have never had any doubt what he can do when we get in and around the box.

"He's a natural goalscorer, especially with that right-foot of his.

"It's just about understanding the game between the boxes that we are working on with him to make sure he is strong in those areas.

"I am delighted because we are going to need him over the next six to eight weeks with the games we have got.


Sounds like Jimmy is frustrated at not getting playing time. If he’s not assured of a start then we should recall him and if necessary send him somewhere he will get game time as it won’t improve him sitting on a bench. He would probably have got more minutes here than County as it stands but if he’s not going to he should go to another club to get the time in.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4261
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HCurtis, Phill and 11 guests