{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JIMMY KNOWLES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby The One » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:14 am

Spiritater wrote:
Dan wrote:Notts have just signed a young striker from Bradford Park Avenue on a 2.5 year contract.

We signed loadsa these type of player whilst NL. Pretty much all of em never amounted to anything.

Correct Spiro, we signed em from Woodhus Park Avenue
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:16 am

Does anyone have the stats on Jimmy, would be interesting to see his shot acctacy etc...
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Moanalot stag » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:23 am

Knowles should be here to assist our misfiring and injured forwards
Moanalot stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:32 am

I think most fans are getting a tad carried away with Jimmy. I don’t see him being a better option that Reid currently. If your argument is that he could’ve provided opportunities to rest Reid then fine, but he wouldn’t be starting ahead of Reid IMO.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:37 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I think most fans are getting a tad carried away with Jimmy. I don’t see him being a better option that Reid currently. If your argument is that he could’ve provided opportunities to rest Reid then fine, but he wouldn’t be starting ahead of Reid IMO.

Jimmy would have a poor game in a stags shirt, and Stagsnet would be creaming for Reid back in :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Moanalot stag » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I think most fans are getting a tad carried away with Jimmy. I don’t see him being a better option that Reid currently. If your argument is that he could’ve provided opportunities to rest Reid then fine, but he wouldn’t be starting ahead of Reid IMO.

That’s your opinion, which is certainly contrary to the opinion of the majority, He certainly could do no worse.
Moanalot stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bear 73 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Like always its the ones not playing who are good, Knowles has been assessed and at this stage in is career he his in the right place .
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:05 pm

bear 73 wrote:Like always its the ones not playing who are good, Knowles has been assessed and at this stage in is career he his in the right place .

It's like Maynard and Cook are the Messiah's now they've gone.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Moanalot stag wrote:

That’s your opinion, which is certainly contrary to the opinion of the majority, He certainly could do no worse.

It is. It’s based on two things. His goal record in the National League is not as good as Reid’s. And also by his own admission, his hold up play needs a lot of work. He’d be playing up front on his own and has much less of a physical presence than Reid has, and we’ve seen how Reid struggles against L2 defenders.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Like always its the ones not playing who are good, Knowles has been assessed and at this stage in is career he his in the right place .

It's like Maynard and Cook are the Messiah's now they've gone.
Just imagine the outcry on here if they were actually scoring goals for their loan clubs. I think Nigel got it right.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:40 pm

Andy Cook is doing well at Bradford...

Its about having them as an option, we all know we could throw Andy Cook on for the last 20 mins and he change the balance of the game, Just the presence of him.

I would of agreed with getting rid of them IF we replaced them with an out and out striker, we have replaced them with the lad from Burton who's a winger and has played 20 mins in 1 month and half.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:59 pm

lifestags wrote:Andy Cook is doing well at Bradford...

Its about having them as an option, we all know we could throw Andy Cook on for the last 20 mins and he change the balance of the game, Just the presence of him.

I would of agreed with getting rid of them IF we replaced them with an out and out striker, we have replaced them with the lad from Burton who's a winger and has played 20 mins in 1 month and half.

Sarkic is from Blackpool, Quinn is from Burton on loan Clough has not given a contract to any one from Burton this season
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:02 pm

It’s valuable experience Jimmy is getting at Notts. He might not have got that here hence why he’s stayed at Notts. It can only be beneficial to Jimmy and MTFC. He might be ready next season. Hopefully with us!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:49 pm

Norman wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Norman wrote:All this bull crap about bringing Jimmy Knowles back . The lad can’t even get a regular place in a none league team fgs!

Jimmy started tonight ,who is full of bull crap now :lol: Take a bow :lol:

Fgs he’s started yep and there loosing to Kings Lynn . And he scored against the mighty Oxford City!

:D Started again tonight
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:57 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:04 pm

Not good enough and people wanted a recall
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:36 am

The One wrote:

Our 19 year old academy prodigy struggles against a physical side for 60 mins and he's not good enough?
The joy some get on here from any below par performance from players or team is unbelievable.

I'm sure he learned more in that 60 mins than probably the whole season and I hope he continues to improve that side of his game.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:57 am

chip63 wrote:
The One wrote:

Our 19 year old academy prodigy struggles against a physical side for 60 mins and he's not good enough?
The joy some get on here from any below par performance from players or team is unbelievable.

I'm sure he learned more in that 60 mins than probably the whole season and I hope he continues to improve that side of his game.

bit harsh for them to single him out in the headline
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
chip63 wrote:
The One wrote:

Very harsh.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
chip63 wrote:
The One wrote:

I believe with our fans its not against Jimmy, but fans clutching at straws believing he is ready for league football, and being bullied in non league proofs what they say, I know he is in the best place
Clough says so
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:23 pm

In my opinion I don't see a future for him here, Clough is going to want better if we are to challenge for promotion next season, if we do go up he'll need even better the following season. It could be that Knowles will always be playing catch up.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:32 pm

pemill wrote:In my opinion I don't see a future for him here, Clough is going to want better if we are to challenge for promotion next season, if we do go up he'll need even better the following season. It could be that Knowles will always be playing catch up.

He’s only just turned 19! Plenty of time to develop yet. I think another loan will be on the cards next season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Wait and see !!
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:39 pm

Got to love this place.

One week he has a good game and should be in our starting eleven, the week after he has a poor game and he's not good enough all of a sudden. It's exactly the same as a play off push Vs relegation battle depending on a win or a loss :lol:

I think he'll be out on loan again next season too, like Musings said he's only 19 so very young and plenty of time to break into the team here
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:29 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Norman wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Norman wrote:All this bull crap about bringing Jimmy Knowles back . The lad can’t even get a regular place in a none league team fgs!

Jimmy started tonight ,who is full of bull crap now :lol: Take a bow :lol:

Fgs he’s started yep and there loosing to Kings Lynn . And he scored against the mighty Oxford City!

:D Started again tonight

And was subbed and was brought off and had poor atings !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum