{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JIMMY KNOWLES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 12, 2021 5:22 am

victor A block wrote:Wow . Jimmy Knowles must have hit a bad patch . On clowntys forum he has suddenly gone from Jimmy Goals ... play him every game , to just plain not being good enough to wear the shirt .
Nothing to do with us taking up the option to keep him of course .
Hope he reads some of the comments just before that last minute penalty he might have to take in the playoffs if they get there .

Change Jimmy Knowles for Jordan Bowery. It's no different on here.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 12, 2021 9:26 am

Depends what date the loan is set to expire.

Some loaning clubs (in this case Notts County) will loan until the date of their last regular league fixture to save money (also if they won't need the player past this date there's no use paying for a player you can't use). With the play offs lasting until the end of May usually clubs will have them until 31st May if they expect to challenge.

It's possible that with county not being in a great position when they loaned him they didn't expect play offs. If they can't use him in the play offs they probably feel that playing him regularly would be pointless if he can't play him in the play offs. He'll be used to give a rest to their main strikers who will play in the play offs.

Or he's covered to play in the play offs.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum