{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JIMMY KNOWLES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JIMMY KNOWLES

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Norman wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
Norman wrote:
KJW STAG wrote:
Norman wrote:All this bull crap about bringing Jimmy Knowles back . The lad can’t even get a regular place in a none league team fgs!

Jimmy started tonight ,who is full of bull crap now :lol: Take a bow :lol:

Fgs he’s started yep and there loosing to Kings Lynn . And he scored against the mighty Oxford City!

:D Started again tonight

And was subbed and was brought off and had poor atings !

You had a go at Jimmy not getting in the side and now he is you have another go at him .
The rest of the side had poor ratings as well .
Jimmy is 19 and learning his trade and makes me proud how he is conducting himself as a MTFC player out on loan.

Keep up the good work Jimmy :clap: :clap:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:07 pm

He's 19 and got a loan to the league where he's in the matchday 18 consistently in a promotion chasing side.

He had a bad game. Well so did the rest of the side according to those ratings. Its a bad day at the office. That's all.

Clough will weigh up whether he's worth another nseason in conference or whether he'd be better served training here with whoever he signs up front next season. I think he will make that decision in pre season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Unbelievable thread. It’s almost like this place is schizophrenic
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:18 am

We've seen JL bide his time.._. for 5 long years and he never gave up. Many, many on here wrote him off, but as we've seen there iS a player in there and has made a statement in a stuggling side. Jason will have bad games in the future and I hope his detractors don't bin him off straightaway.

Likewise with Jimmy he may need another year to 18 months at a little club like Clownty on loan to develop his overall play and physicality before he's the finished article. I harken back to one Lee Gregory as an example, another one let go too soon. Jim, given time will be another Greenacre imo.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Spiritater wrote:We've seen JL bide his time.._. for 5 long years and he never gave up. Many, many on here wrote him off, but as we've seen there iS a player in there and has made a statement in a stuggling side. Jason will have bad games in the future and I hope his detractors don't bin him off straightaway.

Likewise with Jimmy he may need another year to 18 months at a little club like Clownty on loan to develop his overall play and physicality before he's the finished article. I harken back to one Lee Gregory as an example, another one let go too soon. Jim, given time will be another Greenacre imo.

Agree with this, good post. Clough will know a good striker when he sees one, I can remember him as a player as I am sure many on here do as well, and if Jimmy has anything about him Cloughie will help develop it. A partnership next season of Clough and Caine would be wonderful.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:38 pm

garlic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:We've seen JL bide his time.._. for 5 long years and he never gave up. Many, many on here wrote him off, but as we've seen there iS a player in there and has made a statement in a stuggling side. Jason will have bad games in the future and I hope his detractors don't bin him off straightaway.

Agree with this, good post. Clough will know a good striker when he sees one, I can remember him as a player as I am sure many on here do as well, and if Jimmy has anything about him Cloughie will help develop it. A partnership next season of Clough and Caine would be wonderful.

Is Clough getting his boots on
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 pm

Caine been injured for 5 weeks.He has bad ankles so can't see himm featuring next season.He has been offered a contract together with George Cooper and Ethan Hill {Paul Matthews grandson} for next season.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Nigel Clough on Jimmy Knowles in the virtual fans forum:
"In terms of Jimmy Knowles, I went to see him play for Notts County in the FA Trophy at Stockport. We had a discussion around him and didn't think that he was up to the standard at the moment that we were looking for.
"We've got Jamie Reid that we're absolutely delighted with, Jordan Bowery, we've brought Oli Sarkic in on loan who's unfortunately had a few niggles. We've got Tyrese Sinclair.
"I think the best place for Jimmy to be for his development is at Notts County. And he'll come back pre-season and we'll have good look at him from there."
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Big yella » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:06 am

bellwhiff wrote:Unbelievable thread. It’s almost like this place is schizophrenic

It really is.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:06 am

bellwhiff wrote:Unbelievable thread. It’s almost like this place is schizophrenic

No it's not.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:18 am

geoffhill wrote:Caine been injured for 5 weeks.He has bad ankles so can't see himm featuring next season.He has been offered a contract together with George Cooper and Ethan Hill {Paul Matthews grandson} for next season.

Do we have a youth player called George Cooper, or do you mean the one who played for Crewe?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:30 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
geoffhill wrote:Caine been injured for 5 weeks.He has bad ankles so can't see himm featuring next season.He has been offered a contract together with George Cooper and Ethan Hill {Paul Matthews grandson} for next season.

Do we have a youth player called George Cooper, or do you mean the one who played for Crewe?

Youth player.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:03 pm

Big yella wrote:

It really is.

:(
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:04 pm

Big yella wrote:

No it's not.

:lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:20 pm

Panto season is it
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:44 pm

bear 73 wrote:Panto season is it

Oh, no it’s not.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:44 pm

bear 73 wrote:Panto season is it

Oh yes it is.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:42 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Nigel Clough on Jimmy Knowles in the virtual fans forum:
"In terms of Jimmy Knowles, I went to see him play for Notts County in the FA Trophy at Stockport. We had a discussion around him and didn't think that he was up to the standard at the moment that we were looking for.
"We've got Jamie Reid that we're absolutely delighted with, Jordan Bowery, we've brought Oli Sarkic in on loan who's unfortunately had a few niggles. We've got Tyrese Sinclair.
"I think the best place for Jimmy to be for his development is at Notts County. And he'll come back pre-season and we'll have good look at him from there."

Exactly so fgs shut the flip up on this player!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby robbingdog » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:49 pm

what is everyones hang up with Jimmy Knowles? If the manager thought he was good enough he would be here
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Moanalot stag » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:04 pm

There wouldn’t be a hang up if we didn’t have the weakest strike force in recent history.
Moanalot stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:32 am

Mentioned it elsewhere, but interesting that at the fans forum the club seemed sure Knowles would be given pre season to impress. Given his contract is up in the summer, I assume that means we have an option on him.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:22 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Mentioned it elsewhere, but interesting that at the fans forum the club seemed sure Knowles would be given pre season to impress. Given his contract is up in the summer, I assume that means we have an option on him.

I'm not sure how it works regards selling under 21's but if we give him a 3 year contract and loan him out hopefully he will be worth his wages and more in a few years.
It would be great for the academy to have Jimmy make the grade with us or elsewhere.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Norman wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Nigel Clough on Jimmy Knowles in the virtual fans forum:

Exactly so fgs shut the flip up on this player!

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:27 am

I see Jimmy came on when pies 2-0 down and turned it around to get a 2-2 draw last night.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 am

part time pete wrote:I see Jimmy came on when pies 2-0 down and turned it around to get a 2-2 draw last night.

I think agent knowles needs to come in for a debrief, we need a plan B.
Missing the penalty in play off finals is too risky.
chip63
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum