{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Where would we be now?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Where would we be now?

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Beano wrote:I think Evans realised half his big money signings were gash and made a run for it.

The Scottish manager was a runt, yes I did say runt.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:42 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Beano wrote:I think Evans realised half his big money signings were gash and made a run for it.

The Scottish manager was a runt, yes I did say runt.

No promotions since he left :lol: lost is touch realised he was gash as the players he signed and made a wobble for it :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 am

yet he resigned macca :shock: :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:09 am

ST4GS wrote:
I disagree. We were on form when Evans left and would have challenged for automatic promotion with the play offs as a back up. Forget the Coventry game as that was a blip. The reason he left was 100% for the Peterborough job. He was a posh fan from the area. No other reason and no conspiracy theory.

No conspiracy theory...? He left to go to China and then rang Peterborough for a ticket for a game and they offered him the job. Oh well perhaps not
Please don’t present Evans departure as in any way honourable. He treated the Radfords with contempt
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:16 am

yorkstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
I disagree. We were on form when Evans left and would have challenged for automatic promotion with the play offs as a back up. Forget the Coventry game as that was a blip. The reason he left was 100% for the Peterborough job. He was a posh fan from the area. No other reason and no conspiracy theory.

No conspiracy theory...? He left to go to China and then rang Peterborough for a ticket for a game and they offered him the job. Oh well perhaps not
Please don’t present Evans departure as in any way honourable. He treated the Radfords with contempt

agreed with how he treated the radfords, and it’s one of the reasons i’m so pleased we’ve got clough, we’ve got the big name manager, with his experience and contacts without the circus that comes with it, clough was and is a decent man, he won’t treat the radfords in a negative manner
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:27 am

I feel Clough is the manager JR has wanted all along. I'm glad him and Carolyn stuck it out long enough for Nigel to become available.
A perfect match.
Nigel knows he has 100% backing from JR and JR knows Nigel won't waste his money and take him for a ride...

We as Stags fans are on the cusp of our most successful period ever.
I can feel it.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:01 am

adamstag wrote:I think getting clough in as manager for me is a bigger coup than getting evans.

At the time we were all taken in by evens, including the board, he could have and probably would have taken us up had he not raspberried off.

Clough is almost the reversal of evans, loyal, grounded, articulate, thorough, mild mannered and is also capable of obtaining promotions without an exorbitant budget.

I know which manager id prefer to have!

It absolutely is a bigger coup. They’re not compatible. One is a classy leader who encourages and nurtures his players and the other is a belligerent classless mercenary
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:38 pm

Nigel Clough had ‘a job for life first time round at Burton’ He left them then to fulfill his ambition of managing a bigger club associated with his father. Had he had the funds there he would have managed at a higher level still but Derby expected miracles, he was dismissed and look where they are now, even worse off.
Burton were always going to welcome him back and the job he’s done there twice has been phenomenal whilst also working on a rolling contract. Such is the integrity of the man that he chose to resign to help such a small club survive in difficult financial times. A big shame for Burton who have punched above their weight for years, but a massive coup for us. I personally never thought Nigel would ever manage our club but now he’s here we should enjoy him because the future has never looked brighter even when the ‘fat Scottish turd’ was in charge.
This man will get us up, no doubt and will not bankrupt the club to achieve it.
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Clough went to Derby when they were in dire straights, on and off the field the yanks were dug out of a hole, they sold a stable football club with talented players and a thriving academy.
He turned Sheff utd around and to Burton Albion he is a legend, not bad really a legend has a player and manager, Loyalty he refused the Forest job to stay with Burton who as always were punching above their weight, and kept them in the Championship. He has always left clubs in better shape than when he joined.
i was amazed at the warm welcome fans gave him, and hope both party's enjoy a successful journey .
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:25 pm

In our Nigel we have quality manager with morals and a wealth of knowledge & experience also has one of the most iconic names in English football.. we are lucky to have him and our owners. I just wish we could so our appreciation and the odd moan as well.. carry on Nigel your doing a great job already.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:30 pm

yorkstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:

And the players and fans.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum